Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #29
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dizzle View Post
Congrats on the SS, warrior!

PM me a price for the CAI
I might have someone buying both the CAI and MRT V2 exhaust. I also have never installed Chromed exhaust tips that will fit perfectly on the MRT V2 exhaust. They are 2.5" inlet to 4" exit. They will look awesome at the back of the car. Will fill the rear difuser holes nicely. If the other guy doesn't buy them. I'll give you a p.m.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #30
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
welcome to the dark side
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #31
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
welcome to the dark side
Thanks mikeSS. I'm lovin every minuite of this awesome car. I thought i knew what permagrin was but it is so much more now
Old 07-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #32
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
Thanks mikeSS. I'm lovin every minuite of this awesome car. I thought i knew what permagrin was but it is so much more now
i hate to say this in this thread.

but you traded for a good reason if you are looking for performance options. there is just more offered and honestly a chevy v8 is a great engine to work with. like you said.

have fun friend.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #33
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i hate to say this in this thread.

but you traded for a good reason if you are looking for performance options. there is just more offered and honestly a chevy v8 is a great engine to work with. like you said.

have fun friend.
It's ok were all friends here . I only have a couple hundred miles and i'm trying really hard to do what the manual says like don't go over 4000 rpms. Yesterday i punched it not even full throttle and man this car is quick! Can't wait until break in period is up so i can really see what this car can do in stock form.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #34
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I haven't regretted getting it. It's a car you keep for many many years.
I'll bet you said the same thing when you bought your V6.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dizzle View Post
Congrats on the SS, warrior!

PM me a price for the CAI
Just put up a classified ad for all of my parts for sale from my 2012 (LFX) V6. Let me know if your interested in any or all parts. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242128
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #36
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I'll bet you said the same thing when you bought your V6.
Honestly i really don't remember but i knew i would of kept the V6 for a few years atleast. After i bought the car i knew i should of gotten the SS but didn't know how much i really wished i had gotten the SS until i seen some really nice one's at a local Camaro meet.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #37
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I guess the lesson here is to stay away from the V-8's. Don't look at them, talk to their owners or read reviews. See, I just saved some people a bunch of money.

I kid.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #38
06_warrior

Quote:
Just put up a classified ad for all of my parts for sale from my 2012 (LFX) V6. Let me know if your interested in any or all parts. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242128
Sold my C.A.I. and MRT-V2. Still have 4 gauge pack for automatic w/ harness (in mint condition) for sale if anyone is interested. Why buy new when this is just as good as new but cheaper. If your car didn't come with the 4-gauge pack and you want to upgrade your LS, LT, or 1SS (with automatic) Very easy installation, it's plug n play. Save yourself some money and buy these. You won't regret it.

Last edited by 06_warrior; 08-17-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #39
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I guess the lesson here is to stay away from the V-8's. Don't look at them, talk to their owners or read reviews. See, I just saved some people a bunch of money.

I kid.

John B.
LOL.. but we are EVERYWHERE!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
GuitarJozz

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to GuitarJozz
I like reading everyone's posts, and then looking to the left, and seeing what type of Camaro they have, V6 or SS V8. I just purchased a 2012 2LS, but I'm beginning to wonder what it would have been like to drive off the dealership lot in an SS instead.

Of course, reading topics like this only further stimulates my imagination... And the fact that I bought my V6 at a time when I can only drive it in my freetime. I dare not drive it to where I work, because it's a not so good part of town where I wouldn't want to risk any pedestrians touching it or scratching it. I have my truck for work travels.

I think I just have to stay away from any topics on here regarding SS's and V8's, as well as spend my upcoming vacation time driving my V6 Camaro...
GuitarJozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #41
06_warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarJozz View Post
I like reading everyone's posts, and then looking to the left, and seeing what type of Camaro they have, V6 or SS V8. I just purchased a 2012 2LS, but I'm beginning to wonder what it would have been like to drive off the dealership lot in an SS instead.

Of course, reading topics like this only further stimulates my imagination... And the fact that I bought my V6 at a time when I can only drive it in my freetime. I dare not drive it to where I work, because it's a not so good part of town where I wouldn't want to risk any pedestrians touching it or scratching it. I have my truck for work travels.

I think I just have to stay away from any topics on here regarding SS's and V8's, as well as spend my upcoming vacation time driving my V6 Camaro...
I hear ya about bringing it to work if it's not in a good neighborhood. Even if i had my V6 still i wouldn't want to bring it to a bad part of town for work. You mentioned a truck for work travels. If one day you decide to get an SS maybe use your truck for work and the car for home. Good luck to what ever you do and yes stay away from the SS you will only want one more
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #42
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Both cars are great. You can see from my photo albums I'm a big fan of V6 and V8. Congrats on new wheels.