Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
soooo...im thinking about getting the SLP y pipe and LM2 cat back for now and then at some point swapping out the LM2 resonator for a powerstick (chambered pipe). any thoughts on this one?

still haven't gotten around to putting my vinyl on...been a busy week but i plan on doing that tomorrow!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #30
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
NICE! Dude, how was the feel on the short stick compared to the stock one as far as height and ergonomics? Felt like you were digging into a bag of chips?

What color door emblems are you switching over to? Or are you putting vinyl overlays?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
dmginc

shifter is very nice, little harder to move since you have less leverage but not difficult at all. im 6'1" so for me it feels perfect when my arm is on the arm rest, its a perfect height, stock one was no where near that comfy.

im doing vinyl on the door emblems for now, black. i have vinyl for the front license plate cover bird, drivers headlight PONTIAC, both doors and the rear PONTIAC. i cant wait to get those one, will look sooo much nicer but i have other crap to take care of before i can play with my car

Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #32
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Good to hear, probably going to order one soon (within the next week or so) and swap it out. For me it's not so much the height, but the damn bushing.. and maybe the height.

Is it hitting the console in 2nd and 4th like many claim?

The emblems are packaged idiotproof so it's not all that hard to install 'em. But at almost 60 bucks for a total set.. yeah, cheap first. Not to mention we had to go through a 'vintage parts supplier' that bought up GM's NOS of emblems. Was gonna have him paint my plate cover but the whole thing really needs to be stripped and redone. So I'll have that done once Ohio drops it's front plate law.

Should do a silver filler decal to match the 'Ram Air' decal on the hood there. Plan on doing a gold filler decal once I find a good reputable supplier that can match the emblems.

Gonna wind up painting my headlight door 'Pontiac' though. Helps to have a good pinstriper on call.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #33
dmginc

the stock hurst shifter does not have the problem with 2nd and 4th hitting console, only happens with the stock non-hurst shifter.

I plan to have all the areas I am putting vinyl on painted when the car is re-sprayed a few years down the road. my ram air's are uneven so they will be reaplced with black ones down the road too! you cant tell real easy but i know they are now and it bothers me!

Old 07-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #34
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
the stock hurst shifter does not have the problem with 2nd and 4th hitting console, only happens with the stock non-hurst shifter.

I plan to have all the areas I am putting vinyl on painted when the car is re-sprayed a few years down the road. my ram air's are uneven so they will be reaplced with black ones down the road too! you cant tell real easy but i know they are now and it bothers me!
I'm not sure what you're saying: The WS6 stick IS hitting in 2nd and 4th while the stock, longer, joggle'd one didn't? Or it's not?

As for the respray.. don't spray the emblems. They can't go back on and are a bitch to paint. Just order some black door letters and have them replaced professionally like I'm doing. After seeing how they're packaged and installed, you'll see that it's not easy to paint the letters..

I'm surprised though that your vinyl held up this long. My filler bird is gone and I had the body guy just sand it off with fine paper and paint it over gloss black when he reinstalled everything back there. Not ready yet but I could also have him spray my sail panel arch black and go full CETA on the car.. not sure how it'd look though on a Maple Red since I like how the color breaks up the hatch glass and T Top glass.

And I plan to tint everything short of the front windshield to protect my interior.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #35
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying: The WS6 stick IS hitting in 2nd and 4th while the stock, longer, joggle'd one didn't? Or it's not?

As for the respray.. don't spray the emblems. They can't go back on and are a bitch to paint. Just order some black door letters and have them replaced professionally like I'm doing. After seeing how they're packaged and installed, you'll see that it's not easy to paint the letters..

I'm surprised though that your vinyl held up this long. My filler bird is gone and I had the body guy just sand it off with fine paper and paint it over gloss black when he reinstalled everything back there. Not ready yet but I could also have him spray my sail panel arch black and go full CETA on the car.. not sure how it'd look though on a Maple Red since I like how the color breaks up the hatch glass and T Top glass.

And I plan to tint everything short of the front windshield to protect my interior.
I like that look too, especially on a color like your maple red.. but on mine the black almost seems to flow better... like the entire top is black (since my rear hatch is tinted)

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #36
dmginc

my ws6 stick does not hit the console at all with the short stick and it didn't with the stock Hurst stick either. if you did NOT have the stock Hurst option then yours will hit in 2nd and 4th. if yours is then you need to get a different shifter, might find a stock Hurst one on e-bay?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #37
dmginc

Got my vinyl on! looks sooo much better with the emblems black!
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #38
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
Got my vinyl on! looks sooo much better with the emblems black!
Looks good dmg! love the red and black combo. I was wondering when you were gonna get some pictures up lol

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #39
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
From a fellow TA owner… Looking good… Here's my 99
Attached Images

2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
From a fellow TA owner… Looking good… Here's my 99
Love the pewter.. Great lookin TA

Old 07-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #41
dmginc

few more pics!
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #42
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

I need my car back. :(