Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #29
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
Are you going to be working on only your own vehicles, or are you going to be maintaining multiple vehicles/detailing for dollars?
Hey Nick do you have anything going on for the cyclo and paint combo? Shipping gets to me lol..
Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #30
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanVK View Post
I don't believe the gauge is any different. Honestly - while a longer cord is nice, 25ft doesn't get you all the way around a vehicle easily so you end up needing an extension anyways.

Part of me wishes tool manufactures would do a 'stubby' cord version, maybe a 4-5" jumper, that could plug in and lock to an extension cord. If I have to get a 50ft cord out anyways the 9 (or 25ft) of cord hanging off the machine only serves as a PITA I have to coil up when I put it away.
You know, Dylan, you could just cut it. :')
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #31
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanVK View Post
I don't believe the gauge is any different. Honestly - while a longer cord is nice, 25ft doesn't get you all the way around a vehicle easily so you end up needing an extension anyways.

Part of me wishes tool manufactures would do a 'stubby' cord version, maybe a 4-5" jumper, that could plug in and lock to an extension cord. If I have to get a 50ft cord out anyways the 9 (or 25ft) of cord hanging off the machine only serves as a PITA I have to coil up when I put it away.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. There has to be more to it for the $50 difference though. Right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #32
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Just my personal fleet of cars... lol

Nick, I really wish you guys still sold the Flex. I'm used to a single pad. I'm not looking to relearn my technique. I'm still planning on using your products. I'll just buy your machine polish kit sans machine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The technique is still basically the same, just minor tweaks can be made from machine to machine.

You still use a cross-hatch pattern, polishes still flash, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Hey Nick do you have anything going on for the cyclo and paint combo? Shipping gets to me lol..
Camaro5 code will save you a good chunk of change on a kit...and shipping is free on them since they are over $95!

How's that?!?
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #33
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
The technique is still basically the same, just minor tweaks can be made from machine to machine.

You still use a cross-hatch pattern, polishes still flash, etc.

Camaro5 code will save you a good chunk of change on a kit...and shipping is free on them since they are over $95!

How's that?!?
GREAT! Another question is will the car paint fade faster afterwards of using this kit? (The cyclo and paint correcting kit)
Old 03-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #34
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
GREAT! Another question is will the car paint fade faster afterwards of using this kit? (The cyclo and paint correcting kit)
No, your paint will not fade. Polishing clears up the appearance of swirls/scratches/fading/oxidation, doesn't add to it.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote