Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #29
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
The SS 1LE gets you the eLSD, the FE4 suspension, the larger forged aluminum wheels (and different tires), and the track cooling package. None of those are available in the non 1LE 2SS, and all of them are performance oriented.
Not true. The fE4 and recaros are options and the 1LE has no additional cooling over a 1ss/2ss

Anyone with a 1SS or 2SS with magride can add the FE4 suspension identical to a factory 1LE even after they take delivery through the GM package.

Again the only thing you cant implement later is the elsd

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 12-25-2019 at 03:49 PM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:29 PM   #30
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Does the 2SS have seat position memory settings that let you go back to a preset position? Also does the 2SS have heated mirrors? For the added cost if they don't have those things they should.

Mine does. I would think it's standard w/2SS
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:12 PM   #31
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Does the 2SS have seat position memory settings that let you go back to a preset position? Also does the 2SS have heated mirrors? For the added cost if they don't have those things they should.

It has three. 2 that sense each key different key fob so it knows who is driving the car (as well as auto setting separate profiles for each driver, which is virtually all the programmable features) and a third you can set independently for ease of entry/exit or whatever.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:19 PM   #32
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Would I rather have a 2SS? Yes. Is it worth the cost? IDK.

For what I got my car for, no. I would like to have the Bose sound system, and built in navigation is nicer than using Android Auto IMO. You would think dual zone climate controls and heated/cooled seats are overrated, until you actually experience them. That rearview camera thing would be nice IMO. Still a new 1SS 1LE for roughly $39,000 is a very nice deal, and it's an extremely nice car compared to DD'ing a GEN4 SS.

As Zaqwert6 says above. The positions can be recalled individually as well, linking them to fobs only takes effect with automatic recalls.

It has heated mirrors, too.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #33
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Good deal. Sometimes I feel that certain modern systems can be unnecessary, and potential reliability issues, but I think heated mirrors is a great idea for the winter months. Especially if you have an A10 car with remote start. I've never had a car with heated mirrors though.

Will the heated mirrors turn on automatically if they detect a low enough temp or ice?

EDIT: After looking at my wifes 2013 Taurus SEL I'm pretty sure it has heated mirrors. It's got this little wavey, heat looking symbol on them. After reading some it looks like heated mirrors work in unison with the rear defrost?

Last edited by JROC; 12-25-2019 at 08:47 PM.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #34
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Another personal perspective:
I came from a 400a(premium) 18 5.0 Mustang. It had most of the bells and all of the whistles. Blind spot warning, all the safety systems, adaptive cruise, dual zone climate, heated/cooled seats, alcantara etc... and I traded it for a 1SS. Big step down in amenities. I think a percentage of the things you get with the 2SS are personal preference.

Although the leather looks more upscale and is/could be easier to clean, I personally prefer the feel of fabric. And fabric temp is much more stable than leather so I dont need heated and cooled seats. I added soft touch knee pads and the GM lighted sill plates and that really helped it look more "upscale". I personally could care less about dual zone climate control, HUD or navigation. It has android auto, so I use my phone.

The only things that I would like that the 1ss doesn't have is the adaptive cruise and possibly the blind spot/cross traffic monitors. Other than that, I really do not miss any of the luxuries that I had on the Mustang. I just enjoy driving the car so much that I dont even think about those things. BUT, you have to decide what is important to you make your decision from there.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*

Last edited by gmcvt; 12-26-2019 at 09:57 AM.
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:22 AM   #35
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
I got a 1SS and put 2SS leather seats that I got for cheap in it. You could also get katskinz. The rest of the money I put into it that I saved going 1SS over a 2SS was in performance parts and cosmetic mods.

I don't care about the circus lights inside and louder sound system (I love my exhaust, but when I want music, the 1SS is loud, clear and great for me). You can buy those anyway (Sound system and lights). The light thing has always been considered "rice" anyway until it comes standard apparently. And I know how to use mirrors and see vehicles so I'm good with that too. All good with the single A/C temp. I feel the other persons temp in a 2SS anyway which is annoying if it's 5 degrees or more difference.

So, if you need or want any of that, go 2SS, if not, go 1SS. Win win either way if they are the same price I suppose, depends on mileage. I personally just don't need, want or care for the extra lights and such. That's just not why I bought a SS Camaro, so, whatever floats your boat my friend! What floated mine was the look of a ZL1, so I made that happen minus the wheels and of course no ZL1 badges, because, blasphemy, it's not a ZL1, and having 150 more horsepower and torque than the ZL1 while spending $XX,XXX less money than buying a ZL1.

Last edited by Altered Carbon; 12-26-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #36
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Looking at buying used...
I think in the used market the 2SS features will be worth the extra. I went for 2SS when purchasing new. I wanted most of what was in the pkg for a daily driver in the northeast.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:57 AM   #37
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
1SS has most things you need. Only thing I added to mine was the 2SS leather seat covers. I didn't feel hud, illuminated door sills, moon roof, mag ride, and color changing interior lighting were that important. Put a good set of tires on the SS and it rides great without Mag ride. Moon roof reduces head room and adds 60lbs...pass. Far as the Stereo, the 1SS is the easiest to upgrade. I used a sub thump adapter harness, and added a amp and 6x9 to my rear deck. Now I have full range sound with good bass front and rear. The bose system is bass only 6x9 in the rear. With the battery, fuse block, and factory amp in the trunk, it's a fairly easy upgrade.

I do agree that buying used there isn't a lot of difference between a 2SS and 1SS in price. Comparing new the 1SS was a better buy. You could get them in the low 30's and not lose much when selling. Guys have taken big hits on the 2SS when trading or selling. I also do not see much point in buying a new 2SS at this time because you can get into a nice low mileage ZL1 for a couple grand more.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #38
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
The SS 1LE gets you the eLSD, the FE4 suspension, the larger forged aluminum wheels (and different tires), and the track cooling package. None of those are available in the non 1LE 2SS, and all of them are performance oriented.
The 1SS and 2SS has the same cooling package as the 1le. Mine also came with the additional ducts for cooling the brakes during track events.

The SS can be ordered with everything the 1LE version has other than the Wheels and tires ( which you can put on if you like) and the ELSD.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #39
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
1SS has most things you need. Only thing I added to mine was the 2SS leather seat covers. I didn't feel hud, illuminated door sills, moon roof, mag ride, and color changing interior lighting were that important. Put a good set of tires on the SS and it rides great without Mag ride. Moon roof reduces head room and adds 60lbs...pass. Far as the Stereo, the 1SS is the easiest to upgrade. I used a sub thump adapter harness, and added a amp and 6x9 to my rear deck. Now I have full range sound with good bass front and rear. The bose system is bass only 6x9 in the rear. With the battery, fuse block, and factory amp in the trunk, it's a fairly easy upgrade.

I do agree that buying used there isn't a lot of difference between a 2SS and 1SS in price. Comparing new the 1SS was a better buy. You could get them in the low 30's and not lose much when selling. Guys have taken big hits on the 2SS when trading or selling. I also do not see much point in buying a new 2SS at this time because you can get into a nice low mileage ZL1 for a couple grand more.
All good points if you don't care to have the additional creature comforts, but I enjoy the HUD use for race activity and the mag control does more than just ride comfort, it adds several variables to the handling during track use. The leather seats in the 2SS are heated and cooled/ventilated. So just adding leather seat covers doesn't add the full 2SS leather seat option.

FYI: The Moon Roof is not part of the 2SS package. Mine is a 2SS that I ordered and the Moon Roof was a cost option for all Camaros.

Just things to consider when picking between the packages

Last edited by Memphis SS; 12-26-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #40
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
It’s funny seeing people say that don’t need the 2SS stuff but they add 2SS parts to their car. It seems some people get the 1SS 1LE and realize later that they are driving an awesome track car... daily.

Also, they had no option for 2SS 1LE back in 2017. Anyone who got a Camaro SS 1LE in 2017 was getting a 1SS only. Some owners were upset that the following year you could get a 2SS 1LE. Sometimes the bitterness and frustration becomes lack of respect for anything 2SS. Beware of the salty owners.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #41
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangjohnny View Post
It’s funny seeing people say that don’t need the 2SS stuff but they add 2SS parts to their car. It seems some people get the 1SS 1LE and realize later that they are driving an awesome track car... daily.

Also, they had no option for 2SS 1LE back in 2017. Anyone who got a Camaro SS 1LE in 2017 was getting a 1SS only. Some owners were upset that the following year you could get a 2SS 1LE. Sometimes the bitterness and frustration becomes lack of respect for anything 2SS. Beware of the salty owners.
Lol...I added the 2SS seat covers because I found them for a deal from SVE when they were doing custom interior conversions on a limited edition run of 2017 2SS. That was the only option I cared to have that didn't come on my 1SS.

I am not salty over any other trims. People have different needs and wants that is why there are different trim levels to accommodate. I don't get jealous or hate on others. Doesn't matter to me If you are rocking a 6th gen I4, V6, 1SS, 2SS, 1LE, or ZL1.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #42
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
The SS can be ordered with everything the 1LE version has other than the Wheels and tires ( which you can put on if you like) and the ELSD.
Yes, you can, and it ends up several thousand more expensive than buying the 1SS 1LE. I looked at this back when I started considering the Camaro as a way to make a 2SS 1LE. In the end, my timing was right and I picked up what I wanted.

Out of all the features, the rear cross-traffic feature is probably the best. This has saved my a$$ (literally) several times. Someone is barreling down a parking row and you'll never see them, your only hope is to move back slowly, but that hinges on the jackass noticing you at some point, which doesn't always happen. This feature is pretty sensitive and rightly so IME. The blind spot feature is also helpful. Most people (as in more than 50%) have no idea how to set their mirrors correctly, so it's more necessary for those people, but still nice to have.

The sunroof was the other nice feature, as you can't get it on a 1SS 1LE. In the end, I end up with a lot of nice features and only about 40lbs more than a 1SS, as the 1SS comes piped for most of the 2SS features and only lacks a bit of the end-equipment, like how it is with the seats. The sunroof is nice to make the car feel more "airy", even if it subtracts a little from headroom. Again, a lot of drivers like to jack seats up as high as they will go and not use the intended seat profile for a car like this. I only miss the adaptive cruise control from my BMW, but wouldn't work well with a manual anyway. Otherwise, it has pretty much the same interior features and technology as the BMW, both give and take a little in different areas, but not in any meaningful way.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote