Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #29
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjeff View Post
I'll be splitting my time between Phoenix and Fresno for work. I'm in Louisville for another 3 weeks waiting on the movers. I've lived in Phoenix before, but I haven't spent much time in Fresno.
Ahh cool. Phoenix is definitely in the SCCA South West region, (I started in San Diego last year before moving to Charlotte) but Fresno may be in Northern Pacific region. They split California at around the bottom 3rd so if you get involved you may be splitting your time between two regions. The Carolinas as well as Tennessee and Kentucky are VERY competitive for SCCA, but I know Southern California is as well, I am sure you will have a great time if you decide to try it out.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #30
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16ss View Post
Thank you for such a detailed answer. I intend to try to forget that the traction control button even exists, im not to fond of the idea of leaving my tires all over the road anyways.

I will certainly look into some grassroots motorsports to build my skill level and make me more comfortable in the car, thanks for the links. As far as track days, mabye once ive paid for the car!

Thank you all for the advice, i received way nore replys than i could have ever hoped for, a testament to the quality of this community. I am leaving my house now to get the car and i will post pics when i do!
My pleasure, I hope you find it useful.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:26 AM   #31
mike16ss

Drives: '16 2SS
Hi everyone, thanks again for the great advice, i just had an amazing first day with the car, put several hundred km's on doing nothing but enjoying it! Pics to come tommorow, too excited today to take any worthwhile pictures. The best part of the whole day was handing my dad the keys, the last time he drove a performance oriented car was over 30 years ago, the look on his face while driving was worth the entire price of the car.
mike16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:49 AM   #32
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Pick up some chicks in it!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #33
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Congrats! I don't know if this is going to be a "year round" car for you but if you will be driving in cold, icy, snowy conditions, you are going to want to replace those tires with at least all weather tires (I live in MI and got Continental Extreme Contact's and they worked very well).
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #34
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Pick up some chicks in it!
Hot cars don't get you women. The confidence you portray due to the hot car gets them.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:01 PM   #35
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Thread was a good read, graduating in a week and going to move up from my 07 civic si (reliable fun car) to an ss in the coming weeks. The transition from fwd to rwd has me nervous but like anything I'll get the hang of it.
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #36
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
Thread was a good read, graduating in a week and going to move up from my 07 civic si (reliable fun car) to an ss in the coming weeks. The transition from fwd to rwd has me nervous but like anything I'll get the hang of it.
You will be fine, bro. Just like others have said, respect the power of the ss. don't go from a red light to green on a left turn like a bat out of hell, because you may end up in an undesired drift, even with traction control on. slowly push the car until you have a good understanding of its limits and yours too.

other than that, you are golden! have fun! and avoid going grocery shopping with it, unless you want careless people's abandoned shopping carts to roll into your car and ding it. I saw a parked black benz get a cart to the side that was blown by the wind in its direction. I was across the lot, so I couldn't help. It could have been avoided if the lazy bastard that had that cart last would have walked a bit and parked it where it belongs. I hate lazy shoppers
Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #37
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Don't get into a car payment you can't handle that's my advice
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #38
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
I was the same. I currently have a 2011 Camaro 2SS looking to go to a 6th Gen 1LE.

When I got my 2011 I sold my 2007 Monte Carlo SS it is a FWD (LS4) as well (Blown to 500FWHP, Stage 2Trans, and LS7 intake and internals) but I was afraid of the transition FWD - RWD. I can only say this, BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! You won't even look back, More fun, Easier to maneuver and the best part is the car will tell you where she is going before you push in the wrong direction (The Monte had a lot of torque steer...). I'm sure you will do just fine.

Just take it slow for a while then you will notice that you don't even think about it any more.
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
Carver60

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
Welcome to the club. If you're ever in Edmonton let me know!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 PM   #40
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Go here http://www.scca.com/pages/i-want-to-autocross and at the bottom of the page there is a place to enter your zip code and it should show you the region you are in with a link to their home page, where they usually have details of upcoming events. You will be looking for references to "Solo" events since SCCA regions have lots of different types of racing like Rallycross and Club racing as well. If you have any questions just PM me!
Is anything needed to do these events or is it just show up and run what you brought?
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #41
kcpoloman

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
I was the same. I currently have a 2011 Camaro 2SS looking to go to a 6th Gen 1LE.

When I got my 2011 I sold my 2007 Monte Carlo SS it is a FWD (LS4) as well (Blown to 500FWHP, Stage 2Trans, and LS7 intake and internals) but I was afraid of the transition FWD - RWD. I can only say this, BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! You won't even look back, More fun, Easier to maneuver and the best part is the car will tell you where she is going before you push in the wrong direction (The Monte had a lot of torque steer...). I'm sure you will do just fine.

Just take it slow for a while then you will notice that you don't even think about it any more.
Damn dude. You have any pics of that Monte Carlo by chance? Sounds badass. Maybe an exterior shot and a pic under the hood?
kcpoloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #42
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
You will be fine, bro. Just like others have said, respect the power of the ss. don't go from a red light to green on a left turn like a bat out of hell, because you may end up in an undesired drift, even with traction control on. slowly push the car until you have a good understanding of its limits and yours too.

other than that, you are golden! have fun! and avoid going grocery shopping with it, unless you want careless people's abandoned shopping carts to roll into your car and ding it. I saw a parked black benz get a cart to the side that was blown by the wind in its direction. I was across the lot, so I couldn't help. It could have been avoided if the lazy bastard that had that cart last would have walked a bit and parked it where it belongs. I hate lazy shoppers
Thanks man
Ive driven a few fast rwd cars but never really pushed them to their limits, this will be my first baby in life so I'm gonna treat her with some respect lol. The days of pedal to the floor through the whole turn is coming to an end (all 200hp I have)

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Don't get into a car payment you can't handle that's my advice
Graduating with a Mechanical engineering degree and I'm going to have a roommate, I have done my finances and my current car just doesn't do it for me anymore. Rather spend a little more for something I'm gonna be fully happy with then settle with something else that I am going to see in a year or two.
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote