#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #29
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
SRF - once a year. Bleed more often if needed.
Yeah, I'd say full flush annually. I usually do a quick foot bleed every couple events (not full fluid exchange).
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #30
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I wonder how many whp would allow the 1LE to keep up with (or even pass) that particular blue and white Porsche on the straights? Do you think 40-50whp would do it?
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #31
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
I wonder how many whp would allow the 1LE to keep up with (or even pass) that particular blue and white Porsche on the straights? Do you think 40-50whp would do it?
I would think that would do it.

Intake, heads, cam, headers are getting the LT1 +75-100 hp. I like that route vs blower so it keeps the weight down.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #32
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
I'll be doing bolt ons plus e85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #33
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
A couple observations:
  • I max'd out front negative camber @ -2.2. The car does not need any additional camber from a vehicle handling perspective, but it does from a tire wear perspective for advanced drivers. Meaning- the car's front end provides strong grip, and doesn't give up easily (understeer). However, it wears the outside 1/3 of the tire more than i'd like. I've called ground control to see about camber plates; and they're looking into if they can adapt a set to work with stock springs.
  • Stability/TC are extremely well integrated and are almost invisible unless you're watching your dash for the flickeringl light. My student ran in track mode without accessing PTM, and it worked very well.
  • PTM wet handling mode works extremely well in the wet for novice/intermediate drivers. For me however, it doesn't provide enough slip angle/ tire slip for my liking. It retards ignigition timing and slowly doles out the power as the tires gain traction. I found me managing the tires slip with my right foot was more to my liking in the wet.
  • The brakes are very strong and stood up well to 4 advanced/instructors lapping my car. I usaully go to the track with some very good friends and we all swap keys and all drive each other's cars.
  • Overall the 1LE is just insanely capable. My brother and I both agreed that the only car we've driven that out the box is that capable is the GT4 (we drive lots of cars!). The magnetic dampers are crazy the way they allow the car to soak up curbing, yet offer amazing body control, and the diff is just nuts. The way it rotates but then bleeds off lock to aid traction on exit is just mindboggling!
Advice for guys new to HPDE is to get out there and enjoy your cars! These cars are so insanely capable and fast, you'll never be able to fully enjoy what they can do unless you go on a track.... afterall it's what they are made for! Also, choose a well respected club for your first event. Chin, PCA, NASA, 10/10ths, ReZoom all put on well structured events with good instructors.
https://www.facebook.com/morenomotorsports/?ref=nf
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #34
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiboy View Post
I already spoke with Moreno- they're 2-3 months out on customer production orders. Thanks though.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #35
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
I was Provoste's student that weekend and I have to say that everything that everyone is raving about this car is 100% correct. It is phenomenal in stock form. Although mine isn't completely stock as I put a CAI and GM sway bar on it. (Not that either made any difference) I do know that the instructions that I received from him and Chin were unbeatable! If you have a chance do a track day with Chin. It's worth every penny. My times went from 1:55ish to 1:45 in one day. All attributed to car and instructor. Mostly car. Lol JK brother!
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #36
SaphfireSS

Oh and by the way that blue/white Porsche has an LS7 swap and it's full blown race car. True story!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #37
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Very cool videos. You guys going to be at Camarofest? Don't have many 1LE's signed up yet I don't think. Would love to see one in action.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #38
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
A couple observations:
  • I max'd out front negative camber @ -2.2. The car does not need any additional camber from a vehicle handling perspective, but it does from a tire wear perspective for advanced drivers. Meaning- the car's front end provides strong grip, and doesn't give up easily (understeer). However, it wears the outside 1/3 of the tire more than i'd like. I've called ground control to see about camber plates; and they're looking into if they can adapt a set to work with stock springs.
  • Stability/TC are extremely well integrated and are almost invisible unless you're watching your dash for the flickeringl light. My student ran in track mode without accessing PTM, and it worked very well.
  • PTM wet handling mode works extremely well in the wet for novice/intermediate drivers. For me however, it doesn't provide enough slip angle/ tire slip for my liking. It retards ignigition timing and slowly doles out the power as the tires gain traction. I found me managing the tires slip with my right foot was more to my liking in the wet.
  • The brakes are very strong and stood up well to 4 advanced/instructors lapping my car. I usaully go to the track with some very good friends and we all swap keys and all drive each other's cars.
  • Overall the 1LE is just insanely capable. My brother and I both agreed that the only car we've driven that out the box is that capable is the GT4 (we drive lots of cars!). The magnetic dampers are crazy the way they allow the car to soak up curbing, yet offer amazing body control, and the diff is just nuts. The way it rotates but then bleeds off lock to aid traction on exit is just mindboggling!
Advice for guys new to HPDE is to get out there and enjoy your cars! These cars are so insanely capable and fast, you'll never be able to fully enjoy what they can do unless you go on a track.... afterall it's what they are made for! Also, choose a well respected club for your first event. Chin, PCA, NASA, 10/10ths, ReZoom all put on well structured events with good instructors.
100% on this!!! I had the '15 1LE and did a NASA HPDE at Road Atlanta last year. It was seriously the most fun I've ever had in a car. I was also lucky enough to hook up with Vengence Road Racing and they did all the track prep as well - checking the car out after each run and basically just allowing me to keep safe and focused on learning things. My instructor was awesome and this is something you MUST do!!! I have the '17 1LE now and still breaking it in, but it will be tracking sometime next year
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #39
SaphfireSS

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqySKJ9BII&feature=youtu.be

Pretty cool when the student almost catches the teacher. Lol
And I had all the nannies on. Sorry no track insurance. Lol