Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
Omg that splitter is NICE!!!
SSHULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #352
bond2

Drives: '16 2SS M6,'96 WS6 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
I regret not getting the black wheels when I ordered my car. After a while, I decided to plasti dip them but since I can have a few more color choice, I decided to go with, what they call, anthracite grey with glossifier.

I think it turned out pretty nice. This is my first time, trying the plasti dip. Wasn't too hard.
How well is the plasti dip supposed to hold up? I saw the process once on an episode of Wheelers Dealers, looks pretty cool. Was the cost reasonable?
'99 30th anniv TA vert #988- M6

bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #353
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2 View Post
How well is the plasti dip supposed to hold up? I saw the process once on an episode of Wheelers Dealers, looks pretty cool. Was the cost reasonable?
Much of it depends on how good the prep is. Forum members have gone several years with no significant wear. Others get about a year. In terms of cost, a can is $6-8. It takes about 4 cans to do all 4 wheels. So about $30-40 for all materials.

I plan on trying it out on my wheels in the next few months, maybe when I change over to the winter wheels in the November. If I like it and it doesn't hold up well, I'll get them powder coated.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:12 PM   #354
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Loving my... Gonna get the black out tail lights and then I can't decide between

-Borla exhaust
-Aftermarket rims

I'm not sure what I wanna do next to the car.. I love NPP already, but is it worth 1700 to make the car sound a bit better? Then again, I love my tires and rims on the car, but I do want some nice LE looking rims.

Thoughts?

I also can't decide what color combo I want to do with the car.. Blue or Red.... I'm a blue fan all the way, but I don't think blue goes well with this car at all. I was going to paint the calipers...
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #355
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Loving my... Gonna get the black out tail lights and then I can't decide between

-Borla exhaust
-Aftermarket rims

I'm not sure what I wanna do next to the car.. I love NPP already, but is it worth 1700 to make the car sound a bit better? Then again, I love my tires and rims on the car, but I do want some nice LE looking rims.

Thoughts?

I also can't decide what color combo I want to do with the car.. Blue or Red.... I'm a blue fan all the way, but I don't think blue goes well with this car at all. I was going to paint the calipers...
It all depends on what you care about...looks/sound vs. performance. Personally, I pre-ordered the MRR 1LE replicas, but I also love the Z28 rims the previous person just posted. Going wider with a lighter wheel will server you well across both fronts. Also, check out the Cold Air Inductions intake. That should improve sound without breaking the bank. I haven't looked into the Borla stuff to be honest. It would probably be last on my list, but that 's just me. My car's currently getting the Heartbeat supercharger and a set of ceramic coated American Racing long tube headers installed as we speak.

I'd go with red over blue with a NFG car. I have the 6 pistons and they looks amazing with the black 5 spokes. Honestly, the car draws way too much attention...more than I wanted and people go right to massive front Brembos and slotted rotors. I'd paint your calipers if you don't want to spend the $ on brakes. I wouldn't recommend getting the MGP caliper covers. I bought them for my Charger and they look good in pictures, but ridiculous up close. They also trap heat, which will contribute to warping your rotors. Here's a shot for you to see how the red pops on NFG. There are also little red accents all over the interior to match them (SS badges outside and on the seat backs, top of the stick shift, and the lighting can be set to red).

I'm thinking about going with GFX and a black blade spoiler to match the front splitter. My dealer is going swap my trunk lid with an LT for it to fit properly. I'm not sure if I should go with black though or even add the extra weight of the side skirts and rear defuser. What do you guys think?

I'm trying to find a black or carbon fiber fuel door as well. One forum member was lucky enough to get his hands on one, but they seller is no longer making them (they probably got a cease and desist letter).
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:33 AM   #356
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2 View Post
My wheel with Plasti dip is 10 days old with dip on now, so I can't really say anything about its durability, but with that said, I ran the car on track on last Saturday with dips on, and it had no problem. Wheels get hot and get massive brake dust on track. All was good.

It's actually acting as a 'rubber protective coat' on a wheel, so I think it's worth the cost. I paid about $75 shipped for 4 cans of Anthracite gray (metallic paint which is usually more expensive than other non-metallic colors) and 3 cans of glossifier.

I'll post up some more pictures when my car is clean.
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #357
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #358
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Here's a shot for you to see how the red pops on NFG. There are also little red accents all over the interior to match them (SS badges outside and on the seat backs, top of the stick shift, and the lighting can be set to red).
Beautiful ride LesBaer! We must think alike...
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #359
Rob13567

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss NGM
Nightfall gray metallic looks amazing cleaned up
Attached Images

Rob13567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #360
archer1965

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Rally stripes and paint protection mask installed
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #361
meb91

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The car was relatively clean today so finally got around to doing a little photo shoot with the DSLR:

Old 04-25-2016, 06:43 AM   #362
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
My wife's 2SS sitting there waiting for us to sign the papers and drive it home. Only 2 days and about 200 miles on it but she / we are loving it. What a major step up from the Gen 5.

No significant mods planned but I did install the curb alert and splash guards yesterday.

2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, Gray wheels

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3779
Size:  284.6 KB
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #363
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
Want to talk about your house for a second? Jesus, that drive way lol.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #364
samsumon

Cant decide between a blue or red offset strip running down the driver side. From the front of the car to the roof. Not over the roof/trunk.

Thinking red looks better, but blue is my favorite color. But then I can't see blue paint calipers looking nice.. So I think red is winning. thoughts?