Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #323
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
It seems that my state doesn't have a specific law about watching children. One of them was found home alone in the middle of the day.

I'm mostly done with this. Waiting on my court date and check from the insurance company.

Time to put the 1st half of 2015 behind me. It's been a bad year so far.
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #324
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Glad to hear things are moving in right direction for you OP.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #325
ghmjgioj

Drives: ford
That said, it is not the children who need to be spanked... it is the parents. Spanking a kid does not teach them right. Only teaching them by example works.
ghmjgioj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #326
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Parents probably crack heads collecting welfare checks, no surprise there
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #327
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Parents probably crack heads collecting welfare checks, no surprise there
According to Florida, there is a 2% chance of that being the case.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #328
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Hope you get what you can, but it doesn't sound like mom and dad probably have much to take even if you do win in court.

Several years ago we had a house in Memphis, TN on the market - new carpet, new light fixtures, several thousand dollars and many, many labor hours spent getting it in good shape to sell after having been lived in for many years.

At some point a pair of kids from the nearby middle school busted a window and made the house their after-school hangout. They used a golf club and cans of paint they found in the garage to trash every light fixture in the house, drywall in a few places, and new carpet all over the place.

My dad happened to be driving down the street and saw the perps running toward the house right after school let out and called the police, who were quick to respond and actually dragged one of the kids back out of the window as he was halfway through.

We took them to court - one was apparently dropped off and there by himself, the other one's momma was there with an attorney ("My baby dindu nuffin wrong!"). Judge ordered them to pay something like $1200 to us (which wasn't even close to sniffing the actual amount of damage done), after which the one momma made a pretty rude comment to my mom. Never saw a single penny.

We pursued it and pursued it, and finally the police sgt involved with the case advised us to give up because it was a waste of time to try and get money out of them. So I'm not actually sure what the court is for. It's like "Pay them money" "Nah." "Oh, okay."

Anyway the point of my story is that I wish you luck but my faith in the system that seems to support and coddle worthless POS's like those and the ones who destroyed your car is basically nil. People who actually work hard for what they have can't seem to catch a break.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #329
Djinn

Drives: 2LT/RS
Absolutely ridiculous!!! I can't believe that we have become so touchy feely about kids in the past years. If someone touches them everybody is in an uproar but they can get away with anything...
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #330
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
glad its finally going somewhere. im glad they totaled it, I wouldn't have wanted that car back after the amount of work it needed.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #331
thunderkyss

Drives: 2015 Red Hot SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Planning on a '16 or '17 Camaro. I'm hoping for some 1LE action, but of course that hasn't been announced. '17 will be a big year with the 50th anniversary. I'm not a fan of special stickers and such, just want a little more performance than SS, but not willing to spend ZL1 or Z28 money.

I thought the 2016 SS was basically a 1LE, performance wise, right out of the box?

Last edited by thunderkyss; 07-07-2015 at 02:08 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #332
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Quote:
Never saw the kids before. This occurred in a large parking lot and was actually daylight when they started. There is a large apartment complex surrounding the facility. They came in on bikes. One person had to leave the evening meeting early and called to let us know what was going on. The punks hid in the bushes, but were quickly found. The level of stupidity and lack of respect from people these days never ceases to amaze me. My kids know not to touch the paint on a car. Most people don't realize how easily clear coat is scratched. And I chose that parking spot to avoid door dings!
I could NEVER live in an apartment complex w/out a enclosed garage with a nice car. Sorry to read this....no respect taught now days. Good luck!
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #333
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmjgioj View Post
That said, it is not the children who need to be spanked... it is the parents. Spanking a kid does not teach them right. Only teaching them by example works.
Blanket statements are hilarious.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #334
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Oh, and i talked to the local sheriff and prosecutor. Nothing to be done there. Something about proving intent to destroy and age of discernment. I'm calling this BS. I'll have my day in court for my out of pocket expenses and I'm sure the insurance company will be coming after them as well.
Yeah, I imagine proving intent to destroy would be really hard. Maybe the kids accidentally scratched and dented every inch of the car, ripped off the gas door, broke the mirrors, etc. Maybe they thought you would like the new look. How anyone could look at that car and claim those kids intended anything other than destroying it is beyond me.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #335
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Why does everyone keep referring to the parents? There are no parents, only a parent.
In most cases these kids live in a one Mother or Grandmother home.

As far as the language written on the car- If thats all you hear growing up at home
and in the neighborhood, That and 75 other words is your entire vocabulary.

As an adjuster, it would have taken me a total of 2 hours to total out this car, not
2 months.

This as been a sad and unnecessary experience for the OP imo. Im glad it's finally
getting resolved.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #336
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
8 & 9 year old human garbage likely totaled my car

Age of "discernment " in Florida is about 7 or so. Just need to know right from wrong.
Though the ones you have, ages might just get them counseling instead of prosecution.
I spent 30 years making arrests on cases just like this with no problem. Step 1 police report and sworn statements step 2 charging document step 3 kids arrested or parents given a court date to bring them. I would call news media if this was me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CRF8; 07-07-2015 at 04:50 PM.
CRF8 is offline   Reply With Quote