Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #267
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond2 View Post
So many cars have evolutionary styling. All BMWs, Porsches, even Corvettes. GM decided not change a good thing too much. When I parked my 5th gen next to my 6th gen at the dealer the changes to me where huge, granted I had a 2010. To the average person it may not be as noticeable. I don't think its the styling though, for the average buyer that isn't brand loyal they will cross shop all 3 and pick for size, price or performance. Seems sales is reflecting price 1st, then size and performance are kinda neck and neck. Mustang will win based on this.
I agree the two are lightyears different in styling. I really don't understand peope that say it didn't change enough.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #268
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Two consecutive months with sales off 40% YtY in peak sports car season with a new model is a little alarming to me. You are right though, more people recently are pulling the trigger so hopefully next month will be better. More and more gen5 guys are switching too but it took 0% to get people off their wallet. An indication that price is the issue, hopefully July will break 6k.
That's the same with all buyers for American cars, they hold off for the rebates. Once cash incentives kick in, the Camaro will be back on top.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #269

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Same for me, 6'5". The back seat is almost a shelf, making the camaro a three seater for me. Why not go used '10 Z06 for the same $ as a new 1SS.
...And it's not just compared to a new, base model 'vette, but even a six year old corvette is preferable....lol...Yeah, that's really a valid argument that the Camaro costs too much...lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't believe you read all of what I typed. People are comparing the top of the line SS Camaro to the Base Corvette and saying that they are close in price. That is a moronic argument. The guy with the yellow vette about just showed you why.
I agree...If you have the means to afford something more than a Camaro, then fine...get what you want.

If you can't even afford the Camaro, don't argue you'd rather buy a higher priced Corvette to make your point.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #270
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I don't understand the people saying save your $, get a vette. Sure they are nice, but they are a serious pia to get in and out of, visibility is worse, and I LIKE THE CAMARO. Its a stupid argument.
Agreed. I have owned multiple Corvettes over the years. They are beautiful, fun and harder to live with as a daily driver. The Camaro SS strikes a better balance for me, it gets you very close to Corvette performance and driving experience without some of the compromises. Win-win for me.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #271
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I agree the two are lightyears different in styling. I really don't understand peope that say it didn't change enough.
Even more so when they claim the Mustang is a significant departure from gen5.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #272
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
To some this could be true, but I did my due diligence. The 2ss convertible with NPP, and Magride that I wanted came to just over $52,000 and dealers were not dealing much on them as there were very few out. The Vette convertible I ordered was set up with a 2lt package, NPP, Magride, and PDR. Then add forged aluminum chrome wheels and splash guards comes with a msrp of just under $75000. But got a dealer discount of 11% off and a $750 conquest rebate. Then with the Vette you can use 1500 more GM points over the Camaro so I was able to buy the Vette for $63000. Plus I was able to get a better interest rate. ( not now tho) So yes it was still over $11000 more, but IMHO was worth it due to the looks, performance, and value.
Kinda like pricing out a fully loaded Malibu, and the paying more for a 2SS Camaro because you like the Camaro more.

Save
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #273
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Same for me, 6'5". The back seat is almost a shelf, making the camaro a three seater for me. Why not go used '10 Z06 for the same $ as a new 1SS.
Please find me a 2010 Z06 for 35-38k that hasn't been wrecked or doesn't have 80k miles.. I'll buy it next week.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #274
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
There were several on car guru in the 65-80k mile range last night.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:05 AM   #275
raptor5244

Quote:
That's because people like to argue without thinking. That is a dumb argument especially. The corvette has one purpose. The Camaro is a more useful everyday car. Also, if you equip a vette the same as the top SS then the vette will not be close in price. People do this crap all the time. They compare the top of the line of one model to the base of another and say "oh, look I can get a vette for the price of a Camaro". Morons.

I think you have too many people that are disliking on this car simply because it's a better car and they don't want to admit it. It' like resenting your younger brother for being the better athlete when dad always thought you were awsome until he was born.
I think you are onto something by using the psychology behind it. To your point, if you compare a base Corvette to a loaded Camaro the prices gets closer but what is it in the mind that says that is a good thing. I would think it is Corvette status maybe? If you like the Corvette more then one should just save a little longer and get the Corvette you want, not use the price of a loaded Camaro to help you justify one.

The Camaro is awesome. Show me one bad review, show me someone not grinning ear to ear when they put their foot in it.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 07-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #276
raptor5244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert215 View Post
I don't think the issue is the price of the SS. Cause I know damn well all those mustangs they are selling are not 5.0s. Went online and you can get a convertible v6 stang for 30k. And v6 camaro vert is pushing 33-34. I think the base cars are the issue. They need to lower the price of the base cars. You can get a straight up automatic stang v6 for 26. And once you had the Rs and 8 speed to the camaro your already close to 30$. But when I think of the 5.0 compared to the camaro I think they by the 5.0 cause of the preferance. Cause there ford people. The SS is far more supperior then anything in its maket, and I think for the price that your getting its not bad at all. So Chevy needs to drop the price of the v6s and turbo 4s and I'm sure they will start selling. Ok I'm done lol
Agreed. You need lowered priced base model to get folks in the dealership and then once they experience it many will work their work their way up to higher models.
2019 Tesla Model 3
Old 07-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #277

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
When they decided not to make any LS models, I'm pretty sure Chevy realized having a low, low priced "teaser" car wasn't a good idea. Perhaps that low price range was reserved for Malibu or Cruze....

This price argument to me is a dead-end. You think it's high now, wait until the 1LE- package is announced....Then, the ZL-1, and for the finale the Z/28. They may have some sales and incentives at some point in the future, but it's no secret the car has improved in content and quality, not to mention performance, and the price reflects that.

Not having a bare-bones cheap-o base model should have been a good first clue. If you can't afford one, or think it's too high, don't hold your breath waiting for a giant sea-change of pricing....The most expensive ones have yet to even arrive.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #278
jimmie

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i / 2016 Colorado
Here is my take on the low sales volume that exist with the Camaro...

Example, the Corvette has never had a high volume in sales because...
1) cost
2) the fact that it has pretty much always appealed to the "hard core" enthusiast who didn't mind the compromises they had to deal with in owning a Corvette.
IE, low (somewhat uncomfortable) seating. Compromised viewing. Lack of interior space (seating, storage etc.).
3) and GM has never had a problem accepting the low sales number, and in fact prided themselves in the fact that only a true enthusiast would participate in owning the "Flag Ship" of GM.

I believe our beloved Camaro has ventured too far into the Corvette's realm, and in doing so has delivered a similar sales volume, no?

Don't get me wrong, I can deal with the idiosyncrasies of the Camaro, but to the average person and general pubic, it may be too much for them to accept.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by jimmie; 07-03-2016 at 01:54 PM.
jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #279
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post

1) cost
2) the fact that it has pretty much has always appealed to the "hard core" enthusiast who didn't mind the compromises they had to deal with in owning a Corvette.
IE, low (somewhat uncomfortable) seating. Compromised viewing. Lack of interior space (seating, storage etc.).
3) and GM has never had a problem accepting the low sales number, and in fact prided themselves in the fact that only a true enthusiast would participate in owning the "Flag Ship" of GM.

I believe our beloved Camaro has ventured too far into the Corvette's realm, and in doing so has delivered a similar sales volume, no?

Don't get me wrong, I can deal with the idiosyncrasies of the Camaro, but to the average person and general pubic, it may be too much for them to accept.

What do you guys think?
What year is your beloved Camaro?
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #280
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post

1) cost
2) the fact that it has pretty much has always appealed to the "hard core" enthusiast who didn't mind the compromises they had to deal with in owning a Corvette.

What do you guys think?
While performance has gotten closer, I don't see anything close between the two.