Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Whoa! Hang on fellas!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Okay, I think I'm being extremely generous here! Commence posting, but only in a respectful manner! What I considered unnecessary has been removed with dots. If you feel the need to re-edit, then do so. But, everybody better practice good forum etiquette from now on.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #17
blackacidevil98
Banned

Drives: 2010 ss
We pulled a DUI on a lady once at our main gate. It was like 7:00pm and she thought it was 7:00. She got drunk that afternoon and passed out or went to sleep and woke up and thought it was time for her to go to work the next day. She was probably the only DUI I kind of felt sorry for. At the same time it was funny as hell, because Ive almost done that stone sober.
blackacidevil98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Okay, I think I'm being extremely generous here! Commence posting, but only in a respectful manner! What I considered unnecessary has been removed with dots. If you feel the need to re-edit, then do so. But, everybody better practice good forum etiquette from now on.

Thank you Camaro_Corvette!

I would like to keep this discussion going.. but no need to slander our officers as a whole and each other...

This was a one off situation and is a rare thing at that...

That being said, I think this was a good wake up call for our law-enforcement, letting them know people are watching what they do. Hopefully with this, our law enforcement agencies will take better precautions to prevent this type of behavior in the future.
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #19
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
2000v6, I think this may be a bit more of aaa.... perception issue? Maybe the reason you 'always' see police officers breaking the law is because those are the ones your mind focuses on. The ones that don't break the law and follow the rules and set a good example, you never notice I could be completely wrong with that and maybe there is a genuine problem with this where you live.

But as it was once explained to me: you can do a thousand things right, but as soon as you mess up once, THAT is what gets remembered.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
coolman

What's wrong with running the lights to get a donut or kfc. If I had a safe away around lunch hour traffic I would use it to get some grub.

Last edited by coolman; 03-23-2010 at 03:34 PM.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I got my first Camaro ticket the other day coming home from my Friday night in San Antonio with the SA gang of Camaro owners...

I was breaking the law, speeding, not bad but speeding just the same...

I got a ticket, and I'll pay the fine/do defensive driving or whatever, and go on...

Cop was professional and I was nice. Still got the ticket...

A friend of mine used to say, and if you think about it's so very true,

"You Can't Pin a Badge on Just Anybody."

Cops, Firefirghters, Paramedics, all have very stressful jobs, and not all of them handle it well, or properly...though most do...Some use it as an excuse to drink, to fight, to beat their loved ones... I've seen all of these, dealt with most all of it.... and go on...

As was mentioned before, do not lump the actions of one in with all of their kind, to do so is wrong, and no one, not any of us, is free of any guilt...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
2000v6, I think this may be a bit more of aaa.... perception issue? Maybe the reason you 'always' see police officers breaking the law is because those are the ones your mind focuses on. The ones that don't break the law and follow the rules and set a good example, you never notice I could be completely wrong with that and maybe there is a genuine problem with this where you live.

But as it was once explained to me: you can do a thousand things right, but as soon as you mess up once, THAT is what gets remembered.
I really don't know, it is a possibility. I mean the NYPD is actually full of nice people that I know, and they are pretty cool. I have actually seen them follow the law 90% of the time, the other 10% is when they need to answer emergencies so they speed and do other stuff and I mean I definitely do get that. I mean they do have a huge city to protect.

But when it comes to state troopers I just see them do whatever they feel like.

It could just be me though, and how my mind notices things. I'm not exactly the biggest cop fan on here.

Last edited by 2000v6; 03-23-2010 at 04:05 PM.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
The most disturbing things I've ever seen a cop do in their cop car... (besides cruising 30 mph over the speed limit outside of their jurisdiction)

A. Drive one hand on the wheel, the other hand holding a Miller light.

B. Cop passed me on the interstate.... I looked into his car... He's Facebook Chatting on his in-car laptop. At 85mph.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #24
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I keep telling Tag to shake down some drug dealers and kick some cash my way but he won't. :(
Old 03-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #25
Archangel

Drives: 1999 GMC Sierra Z71
First let me say that despite my encounters with the police on a hiring level I have never nor will I associate all police, or all people for that matter, to being corrupt, stupid, power hungry, arrogant etc., to do so is to dishonor those who uphold the law and do a #@$%ing amazing job while receiving crap for doing it, cops are the most under appreciated service provided in the public service field. While I was applying to police departments, one interview question was related to this very thing? Should police be held to hire standard than the public? answer yes...because of this, people expect you to set the example and uphold the law to the fullest not only for the public but for your fellow officers because you WILL (it shouldn't happen but people will) drag their badge through the mud with you when you screw up, are they perfect no, do they screw up yes they are human, should they get punished yes(punishment fair to the crime of course), and if I were a cop and screwed up I would expect no less. that was my answer (apparently it was correct too ). This gentleman put the public at risk by his actions, there may be some serious reasons, life is not easy 100% of the time, especially in such a field, but he put more than himself at risk and thats unacceptable for ANY person police or not, but his actions DO NOT reflect law enforcement or public service as a whole, unfortunately not everyone has the ability to see past the actions of one to honor the majority

If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #26
streetshark
Bringin' The Pain

Drives: 2031 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post

It could just be me though, and how my mind notices things. I'm not exactly the biggest cop fan on here.

You don't say. I would never have guessed it.
streetshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #27
dirtydogg

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post
just remember where 2000v6 is from have you ever known very many people from NY OR LA who does like cops or for that matter anyone else!!!
dirtydogg is offline   Reply With Quote