Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2024, 10:35 AM   #15
ls1ya

Drives: triple black 98Z
TT someone yesterday. they were not aware of the service tablet method. They were thinking relay attacks. They also were not aware of how onstar was disabled, what other vehicles were affected, methods to protect. Let them know GM pretty much ignored this from the beginning. Anyway they are not sure how it may go but now that they have info on those affected it should get the ball rolling. I would still advise everyone to reach out especially people with stolen cars. Someone with a stolen car who knows it was tab method should reach out to have that added.
ls1ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 05:00 PM   #16
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1ya View Post
TT someone yesterday. they were not aware of the service tablet method. They were thinking relay attacks. They also were not aware of how onstar was disabled, what other vehicles were affected, methods to protect. Let them know GM pretty much ignored this from the beginning. Anyway they are not sure how it may go but now that they have info on those affected it should get the ball rolling. I would still advise everyone to reach out especially people with stolen cars. Someone with a stolen car who knows it was tab method should reach out to have that added.
Good deal, ls1ya. Glad you could talk to her and educate her about this stuff. It's like a lot of lawsuits. The complaint gets amended over and over as they learn more about what they're dealing with. I guarantee what you told them they'll check into sooner than later to have their complaint cover all bases.

I hope more people check into this. They haven't called me back, so I'm pretty sure they're just taking people that live in Cali since they got back to you so quick. Ah, well. I hope the lawsuit gets some legs. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote