Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-01-2023, 11:35 AM   #15
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smwalker View Post
@elsololobo02

Any update?
SM,

UPDATE:

1) Replaced my ID injectors with new stock injectors in JAN/FEB.

2) Replaced my Rotofab back to the stock airbox at the same time as the injectors - still would not pass.

3) Decided to take it to the dealership and they had it for 45 days - just got her back late last week. They troubleshooted which led them to ultimately replacing the ECM. They loaded the stock software, completed a drive cycle and within two hours, the O2 sensor monitor passed!

The previous ECM was not allowing one of the four monitors to pass. So, the ECM was the culprit and keeping my car with the current configuration as I don't want any more headaches. I was able to register my car right after I passed the test. Car runs great and very happy this saga is over with - 15 months later.
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 03:40 AM   #16
smwalker

Drives: Caprice PPV
ECM really!! Would have thought you going back the stock file would have eliminated it. Guess something hung around from the tune?

Thanks for the update, enjoy your ride!
smwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:08 PM   #17
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
IDK if there is a smog thread. We might not want to say too much anyways but here is another bit of info. A test pipe aka no cats obviously won't pass a visual. If it looks like cats but e.g. hollowed it, it still won't make it because; the evap sensor doesn't explain great what all it takes to go ready. The info just says many things. What seems like happens before you get the front and rear O2 sensors and evap ready the cat monitor derived from the o2's will throw a code. In other words you "you cain't git there from here". Ok that slang won't make sense if you didn't grow up in the hills.
Someone I know...was trying to get down to 'one sensor not ready' to pass but if there are no cats I believe it can't be done. The ID 850s on stock tune might be done by the way. It runs ok and doesn't seem to throw codes just from that with some help I don't care to detail for the carb epa thank you very much.
Can be done.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote