Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #15
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Running stock knock sensor settings. The car will never run with those settings as its getting tons of false knock, therefore killing all power and probly also running the injectors up to the 7 ms. trying to stop knock thats probly not their.

So this brings up a good topic. What should the sensitive be for the knock sensors be with a procharger? I guarantee stock will not work.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:55 PM   #16
Kerry

The little 1.8 l motors I used to build had no knock sensors and I raised timing till it quite making power. That was a 4 cylinder I wonder if the same could be done for a v8 car motor, then set the knock sensors on the edge of that power.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:52 PM   #17
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Running stock knock sensor settings. The car will never run with those settings as its getting tons of false knock, therefore killing all power and probly also running the injectors up to the 7 ms. trying to stop knock thats probly not their.

So this brings up a good topic. What should the sensitive be for the knock sensors be with a procharger? I guarantee stock will not work.
Now this is some new information i haven’t heard. that is very interesting. So the settings i have on there now are the stock settings? or are you just saying in general. Did you find anything else going on with the tune?
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:31 PM   #18
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
14psi, E85, LT4 pump/injectors/stock cam I wouldn’t even do a pull on that. Lucky the knock sensors are doing their job….

Isn’t Ryne in Texas? Remote contact Ted at JRE…. You need someone who knows what they are doing or it’s not going to end well. Prob have to bump down to a lower E content. Maybe E60…. Good low side though. IMO
Old 07-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #19
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
14psi, E85, LT4 pump/injectors/stock cam I wouldn’t even do a pull on that. Lucky the knock sensors are doing their job….

Isn’t Ryne in Texas? Remote contact Ted at JRE…. You need someone who knows what they are doing or it’s not going to end well. Prob have to bump down to a lower E content. Maybe E60…. Good low side though. IMO
not stock cam, btr stage 3 s/c cam with 32% fuel lobe. TSP Piston/rod combo, valves, lifters,springs, etc.
and tbh it probably sits at around e70-80. highly doubt its hardly ever hit true 85% ethanol
Old 07-27-2022, 07:40 PM   #20
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
not stock cam, btr stage 3 s/c cam with 32% fuel lobe. TSP Piston/rod combo, valves, lifters,springs, etc.
and tbh it probably sits at around e70-80. highly doubt its hardly ever hit true 85% ethanol
Yeah N/M I missed the cam. lol. I was like holy crap haha.
Old 07-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #21
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome383Z View Post
Yeah N/M I missed the cam. lol. I was like holy crap haha.
i gotcha. yeah once upon a time when the first shop i went to put the procharger on the car all i had was the fore set up and they put like e50 in the car and tried to shoot for 8psi and said he couldn’t even make a pull. he had to drain the tank and tune it on 91 haha
Old 07-27-2022, 08:09 PM   #22
Kerry

Quote:
Now this is some new information i haven’t heard. that is very interesting. So the settings i have on there now are the stock settings? or are you just saying in general. Did you find anything else going on with the tune?
I did not look real close at the tune but saw all that knock and looked at the sensor settings. also 7 ms on injector probly like King says its out of fuel unless its the knock sensors comanding a hold bunch of unneeded fuel trying to stop knock. But yea those are stock settings and mine are very different.

yes u need to log high side pressure because if its dropping you out of fuel system but the log you posted i dont see it being able to get that high on boost to run out of fuel. maybe. I would also log e %. induvial knock cylinder

Might need a different tuner.

With 60% e from what I have read on the form and my on experience you should be able to run near stock timing with 10 to 12 pds.

On the 1.8 engines I built we could run the same as stock timing on e with 30 pds.
Old 07-27-2022, 10:08 PM   #23
BeauRichardson

next time i take the car out i’ll make sure i add those channels to log.
And i most definitely need a different tuner. The guy that i was using, come to find out he’s pretty much given everyone a shitty tune that i know of
Old 07-27-2022, 10:39 PM   #24
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
LT4 fuel system isn't going to keep up @ .77 lambda @ E75+ @ 12+ psi. It's too rich and not enough fuel system.

Probably be mixing E60 @ .82 lambda for the fuel system to keep up.

I have tuned several of these cars now...so I have a idea in what these will tolerate.

Drop the e content to 60% and make sure you add the fuel pressures to your channels before next log.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:19 PM   #25
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
LT4 fuel system isn't going to keep up @ .77 lambda @ E75+ @ 12+ psi. It's too rich and not enough fuel system.

Probably be mixing E60 @ .82 lambda for the fuel system to keep up.

I have tuned several of these cars now...so I have a idea in what these will tolerate.

Drop the e content to 60% and make sure you add the fuel pressures to your channels before next log.
Okay, so get it to e60, and it should start acting a little better besides the fact that i also could have a bad tune, and make sure i’m logging the ethanol percent and fuel pressures. gotcha.

So what will help my fuel system aside from getting new injectors, big bore high side, etc?

It’s been rainy here so i’m not going to be able to log today, or at least make a log that’s really going to show it under high rpm, wot. Hopefully tomorrow evening it’ll be good but they’re predicting rain for the rest of the week into next week. I’ll be sure to post a log ASAP though. Turn on notifications for this thread so you can take a look at it if you don’t mind
Old 07-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #26
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Okay, so get it to e60, and it should start acting a little better besides the fact that i also could have a bad tune, and make sure i’m logging the ethanol percent and fuel pressures. gotcha.

So what will help my fuel system aside from getting new injectors, big bore high side, etc?

It’s been rainy here so i’m not going to be able to log today, or at least make a log that’s really going to show it under high rpm, wot. Hopefully tomorrow evening it’ll be good but they’re predicting rain for the rest of the week into next week. I’ll be sure to post a log ASAP though. Turn on notifications for this thread so you can take a look at it if you don’t mind
You will need to decide at some point if you want to either go big DI equipment or port injection. Just go to port now if you’re shooting for very big power (>1K WHP).

If you send me a PM with your email address I’ll send you a channel layout that will have the channels you need to datalog.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:39 PM   #27
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:

Pm me and I'll give my email.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #28
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
You will need to decide at some point if you want to either go big DI equipment or port injection. Just go to port now if you’re shooting for very big power (>1K WHP).

If you send me a PM with your email address I’ll send you a channel layout that will have the channels you need to datalog.

Oh i'd definitely like to go greater than 1k. What will be the best way to go about going port injection? As far as a good setup, tuning system like holley or stick with hpt? etc

Tags
boosted, cammed, cel, iat, procharger d1x