Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Hey Unknown, that was a good looking C7 you had and I’m sure you miss it!��
Old 05-14-2020, 06:31 PM   #16
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Hey Unknown, that was a good looking C7 you had and I’m sure you miss it!��
See, the thing is that since I only owned it for 10 days, I haven't formed too much attachment to it yet. I just feel bad for the beautiful car and it was my fault - my wishful thinking made this happen. If I moved the Corvette a few blocks up the street, I would have been able to drive it away. I have a few photos of the aftermath, this is one of them. I grabbed all of my stuff from it before kissing it farewell.

But if it wasn't flooded, I wouldn't have the Camaro and I wouldn't be here. Life is just weird like that.
Attached Images

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:42 PM   #17
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Lots of great comments and points made. I appreciate all the input. I'll definitely look forward to driving each of them.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #18
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I had a 5th gen Camaro for 5 years and got the Corvette itch. I sold the Camaro and bought a C6 Vette and really enjoyed it. However, I just didn’t feel that the Corvette was that much better than the Camaro and I kept yearning for that 5th gen again. The Corvette has killer looks and great performance but the C6 had a tendency to snap oversteer so I never had confidence in really pushing it without the fear of it killing me. So, I sold the Vette after 2 years and picked up a slightly used 6th gen 2 SS and haven’t looked back! This Camaro is far and away a better overall car IMO, at least comparing to a C6 Vette. I don’t have experience with a C7 so I can’t comment on it.

The other big difference at least in my experience is the type of people that gravitate to either car. I have had an absolute blast with my Camaro club and made many friends that I totally relate to. When I owned the Vette it was a different world. I just felt like I didn’t fit in with the Vette crowd and found it difficult to make friends. Again that’s just my experience and yours may be different. Anyway, I love my Camaro and I can really drive it hard with confidence, it has killer looks, great performance, and more practical. OP good luck with your decision either way you go!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:28 PM   #19
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I have a modified 2015 z06 z07 pkg c7 a slightly modified 2018 zl1 1le and a highly modified 2018 ss 1le and if you told me I had to pick one and get rid of the other 2 it would be real hard for me to pick based on the cars alone. I would keep my zl1 1le though because my dad and I bought identical 2013 zl1s in 2012 and he was bummed when I sold it for the z06 so I bought the zl1 1le as the garnet red is almost an identical match to the crystal red tint coat and someday I will have not only a memory of times I spent with my dad and our cars but also 2 of the three generations of zl1s in the same color basically.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:55 PM   #20
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
SS 1LE vs C7 GS:

The SS 1LE can do practical things too...

Old 05-14-2020, 08:12 PM   #21
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Over the last hour, I took the SS out to run a few errands. It's not my DD, but I do get it out a few times a week at least. Anyhow, I thought about this thread, and what I'd want out of another car, and frankly, it's hard to feel this SS lacks anything. I've been on track with a skilled driver in a purpose built racecar, and I've made quarter mile passes in some pretty stout rides, but I've never had regular seat time in any car that was so fast, and also so smooth, and packed with creature comforts, that you could simply walk into a dealer and buy. My toys have typically revolved around older muscle, so I won't claim to be some traveled modern sports car aficionado, but I'm impressed every time I drive it.

Still, test drives are fun, so maybe I'll shop a little.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:47 PM   #22
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I'm sure you'll get a lot of comments about how the back seats are a joke and unusable, but that (along with price) made me decide. I didn't buy a Camaro because I plan on driving alot with back seat passengers, but in a pinch, at least they're available. The few times I've had to put people back there, it wasn't impossible driving with my seat up to give them legroom, but with a vette, I wouldn't even have that option.
Correct. The entire family looks forward to driving around town on the weekends. It’s a good time.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:59 PM   #23
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
The other big difference at least in my experience is the type of people that gravitate to either car. I have had an absolute blast with my Camaro club and made many friends that I totally relate to. When I owned the Vette it was a different world. I just felt like I didn’t fit in with the Vette crowd and found it difficult to make friends. Again that’s just my experience and yours may be different. Anyway, I love my Camaro and I can really drive it hard with confidence, it has killer looks, great performance, and more practical. OP good luck with your decision either way you go!
That's my impression as well regarding the forum. On the Corvette forum, I check new posts and at least half of them are political threads ranting about coronavirus. Here it's mostly just Camaro stuff with some other car discussions.

Car forums that keep politics, religion, etc. topics away tend to be nicer to take part in IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
SS 1LE vs C7 GS:

The SS 1LE can do practical things too...

They did mention the price delta between the two cars. IMO a more realistic cross-shopping would be between a lightly used C7 Z51 and a new SS 1LE. That was my scenario, anyway, and trust me, it hurt me a bit to not choose the Camaro initially.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #24
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
That's my impression as well regarding the forum. On the Corvette forum, I check new posts and at least half of them are political threads ranting about coronavirus. Here it's mostly just Camaro stuff with some other car discussions.

Car forums that keep politics, religion, etc. topics away tend to be nicer to take part in IMO.

They did mention the price delta between the two cars. IMO a more realistic cross-shopping would be between a lightly used C7 Z51 and a new SS 1LE. That was my scenario, anyway, and trust me, it hurt me a bit to not choose the Camaro initially.
I agree! I actually run an Aviation Forum and Coronavirus is all over it right now (of course the Aviation Industry is being completely decimated by the economic fallout of this virus, which makes it more understandable), I am very happy to visit here and mainly see people chatting about Camaro stuff!!! It is my escape from the craziness!!!

Loving my 2020 2SS!!!

After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #25
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I had my heart set on a C7 as a vette was always my dream car. I took a used 2017 for the test drive - loved the acceleration but hated how I would "fall" into it every time I got in it. And it was a "haul" to get out. Guess it was the price of being over 50 after 1 too many OCR events. Would have still bought it if the dealer didn't have a 6th Gen Camaro on the lot too. Once I got in it, I knew I was home (had gotten rid of my 3rd Gen Iroc Convertible that I had for 16 years last).

Plus getting a convertible over the targa top for $10K less was a bonus!
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #26
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I could make this super long, but I will just keep it simple.

I will start by saying I have not had a C7, but I had both the C5 & C6 Z06 models. The C7 is mostly identical to both the C5 & C6 from a chassis and suspension standpoint.

The Pros for the SS 1LE are...

The ALPHA chassis!!!!! It really is top notch. The at the limit handling and rear-end stability is more confident inspiring. The Transverse leaf spring set-up on the C5, C6, C7 make it twitchy with a snap oversteer character to it.

Nicer interior with better tech. The C7 (especially the instrument cluster) is showing its age. You have the nice digital screen, but then you have those god awful looking analog gauges that look right out of a Cruze or Suburban

4 seats

Cheaper insurance

Pros for the Corvette are...

Lighter weight, which gives it a quicker straight line and more agile feeling.

The front-end has a sharper and quicker turn-in and more bite.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:21 AM   #27
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I thought about trading my 2016 for a C7. To get a Corvette and also a V8. But I'm liking my customized 2016 with the V6 so much- it's the right color, has the wheels and exhaust I selected and installed and black bow ties. It's also a manual and has limited slip differential. And my 2016 gets looks- just parked, and when I start it up. And I just love saying "And it's ONLY got a V6" with ONLY 334 HP" and gets 35 MPG. The jaws just drop.
And it only cost me 22k with all the mods.

Maybe some day when I grow tired of this Camaro. But it will be between a C7 and a Gen 6 Camaro SS. And only with a manual transmission.
There's nothing else out there that I like or would want- for ANY amount of money. So in other words both are ultimate choices.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:43 AM   #28
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My only issue with the Corvette is while I can certainly afford to buy one, I can't afford the Izod sweater to tie around my neck that is required to go wit it.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote