Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I have it.... unfortunately my car sits in train parking lot 5days a week. It is what it is though. My gen5 had 2 dings over 3 years....those were the times I was at supermarket.....parked 200 feet away from everyone else....and some douchebag parked on top of me, with a welcoming ding!
I've studied the human psyche. People with a POS can't stand to be the only person with a hunk of junk. They are usually very giving people and as such they feel it is their duty to share their parking scars with everyone. They believe in equality. How unfortunate you all are driving around in your pristine rides with your fancy xpel and opti coatings. Parking Spartan to the rescue. Here's a nice dent to remind you that we are all created equally. That reflection is too perfect. Let me give you a door scrape. Ah that looks better.

I have a sign in my window that reads I don't want to park near you, why do you want to park near me. Pray I don't return to my car before you do. You will need to call AAA!
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #16
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Hey GW6211... Most of us hate the thought of a ding or dent or scratch on this great car we just purchase. Yep, you can label us silly for not wanting to get a blemish on our "Virgin" car. I'm guessing a ding or two is no big deal for you as you can always get them repaired.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #17
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have an old Buick that I take to the grocery store or any store where I know parking will be crowded. When I drive my Camaro I try to find an end spot and park as close to the outer edge of that as I can get. If those spots are taken I will parallel park in a nearby street. If I get side swiped my insurance will fix the car, if I get door dinged I will have to live with that ding or pay to fix it. If it is a huge lot and a street is not an option I will park way out in the boonies.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #18
my1stchevy

Drives: 2016 Camaro HBM 2SS NPP MRC
the "i park far away" method dosnt work. plenty of times i come back to a parking lot and find my camaro with a few cars parked near it even though the parkling lot is not full. starting to think people park by nice cars on purpose.
my1stchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
the "i park far away" method dosnt work. plenty of times i come back to a parking lot and find my camaro with a few cars parked near it even though the parkling lot is not full. starting to think people park by nice cars on purpose.
A box of drywall screws can easily act as a deterrent for those pesky parking lot perpetrators. Give them a little surprise on their return back to their car.

Note: Note every method is full proof. The utilization of multiple defense mechanisms is merely a way to increase your odds. Be armed, not harmed.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #20
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1stchevy View Post
Yes they do. In 1982 I bought a brand new Dodge Omni. It was the first brand new car I ever owned. I parked it waayyyy away from the store one day 2 weeks after I got it. As I was walking toward the store I looked back at it and this crappy looking old station wagon had pulled up right next to it. It looked like it had been painted with a brush. I thought about walking back and making sure they didn't ding it. But I went on inside the store anyway. When I got back I checked and there was a huge ding. It was vertical and about 3 inches long with a lot of their paint on it. I was so freaking mad I took my key all up and down both sides of their car. When I got done I was even more frustrated because I knew they wouldn't care.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #21
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
I have 3 of the orange cones in the trunk plus my car cover. So I usually park out and next to a curb. Then put the cones 36" from the car down the side not facing the curb. If there are birds and trees I put the cover on.

That does the trick!
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #22
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I have 3 of the orange cones in the trunk plus my car cover. So I usually park out and next to a curb. Then put the cones 36" from the car down the side not facing the curb. If there are birds and trees I put the cover on.

That does the trick!
I have also wrapped crime tape around the vehicle. For some strange reason I seem to have rolls of the stuff. Go figure!
Old 07-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #23
haticK

Drives: Future Camaro 2SS
What we need is this:

haticK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #24
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I have it.... unfortunately my car sits in train parking lot 5days a week. It is what it is though. My gen5 had 2 dings over 3 years....those were the times I was at supermarket.....parked 200 feet away from everyone else....and some douchebag parked on top of me, with a welcoming ding!
Take LIRR into Manhattan?
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #25
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet757 View Post
Hi all, Since I bought my Camaro I have become VERY protective. I was just curious how do you guys manage what I call "parking anxiety" . Perhaps you have tricks or tips on avoiding any scratches or dings on your car from inconsiderate people parking next you.

I know I park far away or use the Valet whenever I go somewhere, but still sometimes thats not enough. Im lucky enough that I can see my Camaro from where I sit in my office and nobody parks in that area.
You have parking anxiety and still use the valet? I would have valet anxiety.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #26
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
You have parking anxiety and still use the valet? I would have valet anxiety.
In the words of Ferris Buehlers Day Off.....

Relax...I'm a professional
Old 07-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #27
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Nothing more annoying than when you park far away and one car parks right next to you.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:29 PM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If you drive a car every day it is going to get damage. Once you realize that and get over it, your live will be much better ,and you'll enjoy your car. Or park it under glass and look at. I do avoid Walmart type stores and supermarkets. That's what my pickup or wife's car is for. Afterall her coworkers have done more damage to her car than anywhere, but hey she has to get to work. Life goes on. They make them everyday

If it's your everyday car it's no different than anyother tool. Do you worry about your saws and drills?
Hot Rods for me are toys. I always took damn good care of my toys. They were hard to come by in my house growing up.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote