Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #15
captaincog

Drives: 1971 350RS/SS 4sp
I want to thank everyone for the replies. I am working with the body shop and they are keeping me updated. I am insisting that the repairs be done right. Yesterday the shop rep called me since they found another $2500 in damages and the insurance claim rep had already come out and approved them. I am worried that the repairs are now north of $9500. I had originally planned on keeping it many years and wanted to put like 300k miles on her but now I am not so sure. I was at 76k miles and still on the original tires and brakes. I was really taking good care of this one and that is why it hurts me even more I guess. It is a shame that it seems like everyone is out there to screw the good driver and owner. The asshat that hit me and had no insurance walks away with no loss. Yes, the CHP did ticket him and tow the POS SUV but since it was not worth much he is out nothing. Now, I am out my ride, dealing with a rental, and since I was on my way to work I had to write my own accident report and send in the evidence. It took me 5.5 hours to get it to a body shop, get a rental, and get back home. It happened only about 10 mile from home which sucked even more. I was to the point of telling people to not tell me what they could not do for me but what they could do.

On a brighter note I am feeling better today and I have very minimal pain if any and I have full mobility and range of motion. So, now to take it easy for a couple more weeks and then get some exercise in.
1971 RS/SS 350 4 speed Teal Green
captaincog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:13 PM   #16
cohocarl

Drives: 2015 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincog View Post
...On a brighter note I am feeling better today...
I know it feels terrible to have a car damaged, but glad you weren't hurt.
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #17
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Makes no sense. As long as your friend was using your car with your permission
the car is covered if you have collision coverage. It's the vehicle that's insured,
not you. What's the rest of the story?
State Farm told me that my claim was denied because I wasn't supposed to have my friend behind the wheel. That I was the only one who was authorized to drive the car... Still trying to see what I can do about it
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #18
Clammy Clemens
Z2M

Drives: Oxford White 2014 Mustang GT
Ah man that sucks I'm sorry. Just got mine back from the shop Friday after 2 weeks! Got rearended by a damn ricer. Anyways, I had 4k in damage, thankfully I didn't have to pay a dime. Glad you're okay!

P.S. I love our color choices by the way
Clammy Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #19
MadLibs

Drives: 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinebrightx View Post
Here's the result after it being fixed: Attachment 787444
I am way too picky... the gapping being wrong on the trunk lid would upset me every time i look at it... the drivers side is huge... the passenger side is tight
MadLibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:26 PM   #20
Shinebrightx

Drives: 2010 Camaro Z/LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLibs View Post
I am way too picky... the gapping being wrong on the trunk lid would upset me every time i look at it... the drivers side is huge... the passenger side is tight
Not sure what you're even talking about. Maybe it's the angle.. Have no idea, but no gaps that are "wrong" and nothing is "huge" lol
Shinebrightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure what you're even talking about. Maybe it's the angle.. Have no idea, but no gaps that are "wrong" and nothing is "huge" lol
I think its just the camera angle
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #22
Geelouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think its just the camera angle
I agree I saw other pics of this car and it came out great. It only matters if YOU like it!
Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #23
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
I noticed that also. And went back and looked at the original thread.
Strange ... the "After" pics look different comparing the two.
Inboard tailight on the right looks tilted.
Was a second round of work done to reposition trunk lid and replace the ZLT emblem after the initial body shop work? (the LT letters are black in one pic and silver in other - added slash and new emblem is shifted 3/4" to right).
"After Pic1"

=========

"After Pic2"

Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 04-10-2016 at 08:10 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #24
Shinebrightx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
I noticed that also. And went back and looked at the original thread.
Strange ... the "After" pics look different comparing the two.
Inboard tailight on the right looks tilted.
Was a second round of work done to reposition trunk lid and replace the ZLT emblem after the initial body shop work? (the LT letters are black in one pic and silver in other - added slash and new emblem is shifted 3/4" to right).
"After Pic1"

=========

"After Pic2"

Ron
I added a different badge to it after the accident. No work was done to the trunk. Just the bumper of course was replaced.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #25
Geelouise

Quote:
I added a different badge to it after the accident. No work was done to the trunk. Just the bumper of course was replaced.
The angles just look different. I'm not seeing the big deal.. It's fixed n looks good.. I don't think ppl are seeing that it's DIFFERENT ANGLES haha
Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 PM   #26
Shinebrightx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geelouise View Post
The angles just look different. I'm not seeing the big deal.. It's fixed n looks good.. I don't think ppl are seeing that it's DIFFERENT ANGLES haha
I just take shitty pictures, enough said lol
Old 04-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geelouise View Post
State Farm told me that my claim was denied because I wasn't supposed to have my friend behind the wheel. That I was the only one who was authorized to drive the car... Still trying to see what I can do about it
Could be but that would be specified in your written policy. I've never seen
that before but an Assigned Risk policy could very well state that, so get a copy
and read it. Your insurance policy is very specific and what ever it says goes.
Very easy to figure out and if that's the case you violated the terms of the
policy. Good luck.