Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
The Hellcats have different HP selection modes.
I thought I heard they use two keys. Is it programmable with the u connect system too?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #16
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Someone who has seen the interior tells me it is MUCH better than the 5th gen.
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #17
benplace

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/284ever View Post
I am always awaiting your informative posts...

benplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM   #18
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I thought I heard they use two keys. Is it programmable with the u connect system too?
2 keys is wrong... Dodge PROVIDES 2 different keys, a red and a black and the rule is, ONLY the red key is ever to be used!

I've read that w/ the black key, it's limited to 500hp, but not that it cannot be de-tuned from there. I have also heard the important consideration, that w/ the red key, you can really program different power levels. I doubt it will stop wheel spin, of course. I'm not sure what it can or can't do, but that system is pretty amazing from the looks.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
2 keys is wrong... Dodge PROVIDES 2 different keys, a red and a black and the rule is, ONLY the red key is ever to be used!

I've read that w/ the black key, it's limited to 500hp, but not that it cannot be de-tuned from there. I have also heard the important consideration, that w/ the red key, you can really program different power levels. I doubt it will stop wheel spin, of course. I'm not sure what it can or can't do, but that system is pretty amazing from the looks.
I'm looking more towards a owner defined tuning via the touch panel. I'm not knowledgeable in ECU tuning, maping, flashing etc., so not sure if a totally granular programming by owner is possible or if GM could give us say 4 or 5 settings vs. what dodge gives you, two.

anyway, probably wouldn't happen but would be a somewhat useful feature if not just a cool gimmick.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Z/284ever

Drives: A few Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by benplace View Post
I am always awaiting your informative posts...

Better than being told it sux ballz....
Z/284ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #21
Jbryant910

Drives: 2014 Malibu
Quote:
Better than being told it sux ballz....
I appreciated your post, it made me feel a little better about putting my deposit down already. The interior is the only thing that would turn me away, if it's not a significant improvement I will just get a used 14-15 1LE.
Jbryant910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #22
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Interior is usually stripped down in the mules. Plus it's a lot harder to get a picture of the interior vs exterior.
We never saw mules or if we did know one new. Mules are donor cars for chassis and powertrain. The cars we are seeing now with camo are NOT mules they are prototypes. The interiors at this point are spot on with the exception of graining on the plastic parts. They are well covered with their own camo at this point. Even if we saw one at a stop and someone were able to get a photo off you would see black covering on almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I remember at the '14 Refresh, questions were asked to GM Department heads, etc. about what was done and not done for the Refresh....

As I recall, the execs in charge of interior (for lack of a better phrase) were more or less left out and not given a priority for the '14 refresh...

The big interior up-grades in quality, etc. were going to be a reality and given their turn in the barrel for the 6th Gen....

...So I would expect the new interiors to be very much improved and upgraded somehow...
There was an interior refresh. You just missed it. I believe that was 2013 with the alcantara dash and NAV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Can i get a Wife / Kid mode on the ECU please?

Kid mode (first off he's only two, so no worries yet), but let's say you are a very generous father...LIKE ME, and you let your 18 year old kid drive your ZL1 to Prom. DO you want to give him 650HP...HELL NO!!! Let me dial it down to 325, and govern top speed?

Same for the wife, IN MY case, my wife is a great driver, but she would be extremely nervous driving a ZL1, so maybe i dial it down for her too.

Valet...umm you get 75HP, and top speed of 15MPH.

Is this even possible?
C7 Corvette has the Valet mode. Maybe that works? It detunes the car and locks some storage compartments.

Quote:
That wouldn't take much. The current cars interior was poor when it launched and it hasn't aged well.

I haven't seen or heard about the new interior and I can safely say it will be much improved only because that will be so easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post

Sounds like the Boss when it launched. There were apparently emissions issues as the "track mode" wasn't compliant or something.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #23
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sounds like the Boss when it launched. There were apparently emissions issues as the "track mode" wasn't compliant or something.
"Economy measure" is all I thought of, you know... so they can claim mileage X on public roads and therefore get the rating they targeted. It still gets hit w/ the guzzler tax, I'm sure.

I never heard any issues about the BOSS... till this. Honestly, I can't imagine emissions being a problem for the 5L engine.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #24
iSHOOTtheMOON

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1
Probably something with similar features as the SS plus maybe some C7 corvette stuff (PDR, gauge display customization ETC...)
iSHOOTtheMOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSHOOTtheMOON View Post
Probably something with similar features as the SS plus maybe some C7 corvette stuff (PDR, gauge display customization ETC...)
If it gets an interior that I like as much as the SS, I'll be a very happy camper.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #26
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Definitely a much nicer place to be than the current interior. Just need to get rid of the Cruze wheel (flat bottom just isn't enough to make it special).

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #27
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Interior is usually stripped down in the mules. Plus it's a lot harder to get a picture of the interior vs exterior.

every pre-production car I've seen has a complete interior. It'll be un-grained and colors won't match but it's complete.

I still love my Dusk interior.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #28
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
I love the SS interior.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote