#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #15
Gillis

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B_InfernoSS View Post
I ask these sorts of questions all the time. We are stupid with meth out here, so asking simple questions in succession quickly gives us indicators if someone is being honest or not. If the people are coming from out of town to my city, that is odd and makes me press more into their visit. If your answers to our questions make sense and you are honest nothing more comes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK I can certainly understand that. I personally have never been asked these questions when pulled over but I can tell you that as a law abiding good citizen I would be taken back and would feel I'm being harrassed if an LEO pulled me over and started asking me who's car this is. My ID and registration proves that. And if he or she asked me where I was going I might be tempted to say none of your damn business, although I probably wouldn't. When pulled over I expect to be treated with respect unless I have done something that warrants I not be treated with respect. Now if I'm pulled over and my paperwork isn't in order or I smell of alcohol or I have a bag of dope on the seat THEN I can certainly understand having to explain myself.
Gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #16
K_B_InfernoSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis View Post
OK I can certainly understand that. I personally have never been asked these questions when pulled over but I can tell you that as a law abiding good citizen I would be taken back and would feel I'm being harrassed if an LEO pulled me over and started asking me who's car this is. My ID and registration proves that. And if he or she asked me where I was going I might be tempted to say none of your damn business, although I probably wouldn't. When pulled over I expect to be treated with respect unless I have done something that warrants I not be treated with respect. Now if I'm pulled over and my paperwork isn't in order or I smell of alcohol or I have a bag of dope on the seat THEN I can certainly understand having to explain myself.

You have to realize as LEOs we don't know who you are. You know who you are, and you have no idea what we deal with day in and day out. There is a large disconnect there that makes most officers seem a little harsh or aggressive, and 99% of that is being on top of a situation for officer safety. There is no such thing as a "routine traffic stop" and any cop will tell you that. Most times people dont understand why we do what we do or say what we say, but like i said earlier it is all about officer safety and going home at the end of shift.

OP, sorry you feel inconvenienced for the 10 minute stop. We're not all crooked and "assholes" like everyone makes us out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K_B_InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #17
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
If your car was completely stock, I would have insisted on him giving me the damn ticket and then insisted he call his shift supervisor, and gave me his badge number. More to the point I would have insisted knowing why he pulled me over first, before giving him any of my information.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #18
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Here we go again....
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #19
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I'm young and I have never been pulled over in the 3 years of ownership (knock on wood). Then again, I don't act like a jackass when I'm driving.
Where did the OP say he was acting like a jackass?

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #20
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Here is my 2.5678 cents

I live in Scottsdale, and have been given a ticket by a cop when I first had my V6. He was being just an idiot. I am not going over the incident but trust me it was because I was driving the Camaro, I did nothing.

Since then many cops have seen me in my 1LE with not problems at all. I have NPP and installed mild to wild so it's pretty noisy. But I don't go out of my way to make noise, I don't fool around on city streets at all. Turned down a race with a jazzed up firebird who wanted to race down a busy street. Two young kids. After that I was pulled over by a cop that neither one of us saw. He thanked me for being responsible and asked "why have such a fast car if your not going to use it? Just curious."
I said, "Officer I will never race in a place where I can endanger others. I might get on a ramp to a highway early Sunday morning and with no one around take it through the gears till I get to the Highway." We have a few uphill ramps like that on the 101 here in Arizona.
He smiled. Thanked me for not racing and moved on.

Sadly insurance statistics show that younger drivers in general get into more accidents and more serious accidents.

So what happens OP is that you pay for others that do act totally stupid behind the wheel.
Also the population of cops is just like any other. They are mostly good and put their lives on the line to protect us
But a few are jerky.

Jim
Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
these threads are always entertaining.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis View Post
And if he or she asked me where I was going I might be tempted to say none of your damn business...
Ummmm... I wouldn't recommend that, under any condition.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #23
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I live in Scottsdale, and have been given a ticket by a cop when I first had my V6. He was being just an idiot. I am not going over the incident but trust me it was because I was driving the Camaro, I did nothing.
"Driving a Camaro" is not a ticketable action and I doubt that is what it said on your summons. You must have done something - come on... fess up.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 04-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #24
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
If you get pissed about being pulled over do not drive a camaro at night... Get a honda. Let the police officer do his job and thank him for doing so. Now continue with the internet lawyer debate.
LMAO Maybe the most bias comment ever.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B_InfernoSS View Post
You have to realize as LEOs we don't know who you are. You know who you are, and you have no idea what we deal with day in and day out. There is a large disconnect there that makes most officers seem a little harsh or aggressive, and 99% of that is being on top of a situation for officer safety. There is no such thing as a "routine traffic stop" and any cop will tell you that. Most times people dont understand why we do what we do or say what we say, but like i said earlier it is all about officer safety and going home at the end of shift.
Very well put and I have no problem with this at all. I respect you guys and what you do every day on the job. That said, like every other profession, there is a very small percentage of LEOs out there who can be buttholes and give your profession a bad name. Don't know what it is with OP's situation, but I understand him being pissed if it's a reoccurring event.

Thank you, though, for all you do.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #26
InvictaII

Drives: 2011 2SS NIGHT RIDER STYLE!
When you drive a car that says "LOOK AT MEEEE!!!!!" you cant be mad when your noticed by the cops too.
Its like chicks wearing low cut shirts and complaining no one looks them in the eyes.
Most likely he just wanted to check out your car.
InvictaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #27
45th4ken

Drives: 45th Anniversary
There will always be a us VS them(police) mentality. Wasn't it that long go officers were looked up to by kids and respected by the public they protected. Whose best interest do they really serve what long term effect are they making to truly protect the public. Yes, if they were not there, anarchy would ensue.

I once suggested to an officer that he should be a part of the community he ticketed (motor bike) he said that he was protecting me from myself. I asked why don't you visit schools and pass out stickers, show off your cars to the kids. His response no budget. Wow!
45th4ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #28
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Ha, Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
"Driving a Camaro" is not a ticketable action and I doubt that is what it said on your summons. You must have done something - come on... fess up.

Oh yeah I forgot to say I was listening to CCR and enjoying a calm night out with my wife.

No sir, nothing at all. I would fess up if I did.

Jim