Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX211 View Post
Not often I see something cosmetic on this site that makes me say "Holy Sh** I want those"...But these just did.

Man, I really like that.
Thanks! I was looking for something to contrast the solid paint but also wanted something subtle. Between the handles and the gill slit decals, it works for me.
RJT-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #16
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRS View Post
I like these too, but like others have said, just a bit too pricey for me....right now :P
I totally agree on the price being high. It was hard for me to justify but I am very pleased with them. I guess the "Official GM branded product" tag accounts for some of the premium price. They could easily knock $100 off the price and make it attractive to more people AND they would probably make more money on them.
RJT-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
I totally agree on the price being high. It was hard for me to justify but I am very pleased with them. I guess the "Official GM branded product" tag accounts for some of the premium price. They could easily knock $100 off the price and make it attractive to more people AND they would probably make more money on them.
Agreed. I can share some insight perhaps.

Shopchevy/chevymall/camarostore etc...has all but "instructed" the makers of the product that anything labeled with anything that resembles a GM "Camaro reference" (SS/RS included) has to be sold at a retail price and through them. That's why you don't see them for less than retail anywhere....

Even we had to go through them to get them. We'd send the vendor the PO's for our orders and bam...guessed where they shipped from?

So with that being said and making it a tough sell for the fine folks here....

(Notice you don't see them on our website anymore? ) There are other styles that are pretty "universal" that fit more than just the Camaro.

Just a thought that might shed some light as to why they are priced that way and why most of us have kinda stopped marketing them. If we can't give a great deal on them, then we'd just assume have one or two folks selling them so that there aren't 40 vendors selling them same part at the same price.

Kinda drives ya nuts sometimes doesn't it?? At any rate, they're cool, and hopefully they take off one day.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote