Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 AM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
So the V6 as tested was $38K? That's crazy. Also, I see they added cylinder deactivation. Another WTF? All I can say is, my 5th gen is in no danger of being sold. These prices are a bit ridiculous.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...pper/74362200/
Price out a 2015 V6 or a loaded up Ecoboost Mustang and see where you end up? It won't be far from that.

Prices are not out of this world when you compare. My 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS auto came out at over $29K back then. Build a similar 1LT/RS V6 with auto today for the 2016 and you come out at 30 - 31....for a much better car. In that respect...the pricing is good.

People love to freak out over the absolutely loaded up prices without thinking about it.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #16
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I'm not talking about the loaded $38k one. But I think getting $4k off with incentives and dealing is definitely possible.
I highly doubt chevy nor a dealership will be doing any incentives or allowing any haggling. Not at this point in time. Maybe when 2017 models are hitting the dealerships.

Cylinder deactivation is actually not that bad on the c7... Not to mention that on a road trip, who wouldn't want 30mpg? Seen 32 mpg on a c7 z51. I am sad that my 2ss won't be getting the cylinder deactivation. But I would never give away a manual. I actually like to drive.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #17
KMPrenger

Quote:
I...

My car is better In all seriousness, though, not trying to start a C5 vs C6 war, but just saying, I'm glad I got in when I did with the 5th gen. If I had to buy a new Camaro today, I think I'd be looking at other cars in that price range like Audi, BMW, etc.
Again...what comparable performing Audi or BMW are you going to get for 1SS or 2SS cost????????
Old 10-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I highly doubt chevy nor a dealership will be doing any incentives or allowing any haggling. Not at this point in time. Maybe when 2017 models are hitting the dealerships.

That's what he is saying. Right now dealing on these cars is tough unless you can get invoice or discount pricing. But once they've been out for awhile and the hype is down, dealers will begin to "deal".
Old 10-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #19
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post

Cylinder deactivation is actually not that bad on the c7... Not to mention that on a road trip, who wouldn't want 30mpg? Seen 32 mpg on a c7 z51. I am sad that my 2ss won't be getting the cylinder deactivation. But I would never give away a manual. I actually like to drive.

People are already ordering cars at or close to invoice. Add in some of the rebates Chevy offers thru suppliers/CU/etc, they are already close to it. But that is why I originally said wait for the hype to wear off.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #20
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
What people keep forgetting about the AFM is that it only comes in automatic transmission equipped cars, V6 and V8. Don't like cylinder deactivation even though you've never owned it or have any real experience with it? (Specially in a next generation motor that hasn't been released yet.) Buy a manual transmission Camaro and don't dislike something just because you've heard throngs of whiners on here complain about it.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
What people keep forgetting about the AFM is that it only comes in automatic transmission equipped cars, V6 and V8. Don't like cylinder deactivation even though you've never owned it or have any real experience with it? (Specially in a next generation motor that hasn't been released yet.) Buy a manual transmission Camaro and don't dislike something just because you've heard throngs of whiners on here complain about it.
Doesn't the LGX manuals still have AFM? I know the SS manuals do not.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #22
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Do not know if this would work on the V6, but it an approach for those who dislike AFM: http://www.cultragfactoryparts.com/c...-afm-disabler/

But note is using it there is a very good chance OnStar will not be able to read your engine control module information. Some might consider that a good thing.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #23
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
So the V6 as tested was $38K? That's crazy. Also, I see they added cylinder deactivation. Another WTF? All I can say is, my 5th gen is in no danger of being sold. These prices are a bit ridiculous.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...pper/74362200/
I for one am glad you're keeping your 2012 V-6. If you're truly happy...great.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
I guess, but I would never buy another sports car with this AFM crap on it. Imagine buying a brand new Stingray and then having to void the powertrain warranty by tuning out AFM. As far as affordability, I'm not sure if that's why everyone buys a 6 vs an 8. In some cases, yes. Anyway, I wouldn't call $38K cheap.
Buy the manual then. The AFM is only on cars equipped with automatic transmissions.

Quote:
My car is better In all seriousness, though, not trying to start a C5 vs C6 war, but just saying, I'm glad I got in when I did with the 5th gen. If I had to buy a new Camaro today, I think I'd be looking at other cars in that price range like Audi, BMW, etc.
C5 / C6 / C7 is typically used to reference corvettes - kind of annoying.

And, people acting surprised about pricing is also old and annoying. I just built a ecoboost mustang on the ford website and it priced out to $37,660 ($38,855 if I add the auto trans). Thats right! a damn 4 cylinder mustang for $38,000!

Cars have gotten more expensive deal with it. Go price some Audi's or BMW's. You are in for a rude awakening.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #25
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
I for one am glad you're keeping your 2012 V-6. If you're truly happy...great.
It's a 2012 SS. I guess I am just in shock because the new V6 costs what I paid for my SS three years ago. Yeah, I know prices increase, but geez. They are getting close to European territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Buy the manual then. The AFM is only on cars equipped with automatic transmissions.

Didn't all the manual cars come with the skip-shift "feature?" That was stupid as well, but at least it could be overridden easily.

Looking back at the article, I see that the base price is a lot less than $38K, so I guess the real question is, who in their right mind is going to blow that much on a fully-optioned V6 when they can get an SS or a 'Stang GT for the same or less?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #26
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
It's a 2012 SS. I guess I am just in shock because the new V6 costs what I paid for my SS three years ago. Yeah, I know prices increase, but geez. They are getting close to European territory.

:
Price doesn't just increase just because. The cars come with waaaaaaaay more tech and capability.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #27
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
Price doesn't just increase just because. The cars come with waaaaaaaay more tech and capability.
Not really crap I need or care about. Give me a nice interior and a big V8 that sounds good, and I'm happy. To each their own, though.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #28
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
People are already ordering cars at or close to invoice. Add in some of the rebates Chevy offers thru suppliers/CU/etc, they are already close to it. But that is why I originally said wait for the hype to wear off.
I would really like to see proof for that before I would believe it truly. Technically it is possible while being unlikely.

I am looking into the ability of using GM points for my 2016 however they do not have any 2016s on their website and I called, just waiting for them check and call me back. I also do belong to the GM supplier discounts (via textron). They do NOT offer them for 2016 camaros currently. They may update them by the time I am going to the dealership to buy it however, currently there is no such incentive (Link to gm supplier discount) which updated 10/1/15. Perhaps a new update will change it, which should happen 11/1/15.

There are however incentives for being a GM employee or dealership employee but that's about it.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote