Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #15
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SSLOW View Post
I figured i would chime in for people who may have this issue in the future.

I bought my 2010 SS brand new back in the day and i forget the exact mileage, but lets say around 50k i started having trouble.

One morning i turn on my car and stability track came on, engine light and car shaking. (you would of thought i had a heavy cam in it). I turned it off and on and eventually it stopped. I had it serviced and no one could find the problem since it wasnt doing it at the time.
I would randomly get this problem and at times, even when i was driving it would start shaking and feel like it wanted to shut down. I replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires (made sure the old ones where plugged up and not lose),ignition coils, new battery, and even the crankshaft position sensor. I would still get the problem.

It got so bad it started messing up while i was driving.

End of story, i took into a shop and they found a busted valve spring. Apparently the LS3s have weak valve springs. I had them updgraded to the titanium double valve springs and havent had any issues since (going on about 2-3 years now - knock on wood)

Good luck.
What was the cost for that repair? Did they cover it under warranty?
SLP TVS2300 Supercharger; 3.6" Pulley; CAI Intake; 72# Injectors; ZL1 Fuel Pump; ADM Fuel Pressure Regulator; BBK Full-Length Headers; Cat Delete; Dynomax Cat-Back Exhaust; Eibach Pro-Kit suspension;ZL1 Front Bumper; NightOwl Lighting; '14 Heat extractor hood mod; Seibon CF trunk; GM High Wing and side skirts; Technostalgia Taillights; Pioneer Navigation; Infinity Subs and Amps; Scosche Double-DIN kit; CF cabin overlays; Z28 replica wheels; Hurst Line-Lock;
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #16
mnk_camss

Drives: my love
hello everyone, i hope you are doing well, im new in this forum, i have camaro ss 2010 , today i experienced a problem in starting my car when i turn the key to position one and two everything going as it should be , but when i turn the key to start the engine, it died as there a battery problem, my battery is good , the fuses and rely are all intact, ,could anyone help me please
mnk_camss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
direwolf19

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 2000 Camaro SS
This just started on my 2012 2SS.

Saturday night got the Stabilitrack message, car felt like it was running on 4 cylinders. RPM gauge just flat-lined at 0 and unresponsive.

Sunday the car ran like a champ. No errors, multiple start ups and stops, put about 200 miles on the car.

Monday, (Today). Car started up fine, drove to work. Went to leave for lunch about 4 hours later and got the Stabili message. Tried it again 20 mins later and there was no message.

I just took it to the dealer, they called and told me the crankshaft sensor was bad and needing replacing. Car only has 22k miles and is about 5 months over the 3 year mark. Not covered, $350 quote. :(
direwolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/F9uAXd Posted by direwolf19[/url] This just started on my 2012 2SS.

Saturday night got the Stabilitrack message, car felt like it was running on 4 cylinders. RPM gauge just flat-lined at 0 and unresponsive.

Sunday the car ran like a champ. No errors, multiple start ups and stops, put about 200 miles on the car.

Monday, (Today). Car started up fine, drove to work. Went to leave for lunch about 4 hours later and got the Stabili message. Tried it again 20 mins later and there was no message.

I just took it to the dealer, they called and told me the crankshaft sensor was bad and needing replacing. Car only has 22k miles and is about 5 months over the 3 year mark. Not covered, $350 quote. :(
Hi direwolf19,

I?m truly sorry to hear that your crankshaft replacement is not covered, because I know how inconvenient out of pocket expenses can be.

Although I cannot guarantee a different outcome, I?d be happy to reach out to your dealership to discuss any possible assistance options.
Please send me a private message with your full contact info, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership if you?d like me to look into your situation further.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #19
towens

Drives: 2014 silver rs camero v6
I have a 2014 camero rs that only has 5300 miles on it, the stabitrack lights comes on once and a while, has been to two dealers and they can not figure out why
towens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #20
towens

Drives: 2014 silver rs camero v6
Also when that message comes on the car is running just fine no misses or anything like that

Last edited by towens; 03-14-2016 at 02:46 PM.
towens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #21
fascamaro

Drives: 2015
2015 v6 same issue service stab and blinking CEL. Dealer having problems locating issue. 9000 miles, issue started heading down the highway about the 60 MPH. Experience acceleration problems.

Last edited by fascamaro; 07-20-2016 at 11:49 AM.
fascamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #22
fascamaro

Drives: 2015
Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascamaro View Post
2015 v6 same issue service stab and blinking CEL. Dealer having problems locating issue. 9000 miles, issue started heading down the highway about the 60 MPH. Experience acceleration problems.
Car brought back to dealer, they had it for a week and could not find any issues. wife picked up car and engine light back on and experience poor acceleration again. Brought back to dealer and left running so they could see for themselves. Dealer had for 3 weeks, gm got involved. Code 6 cyclinder misfire due to faulty fuel injectors. Fuel injector test showed lean condition in 6 cyclinder. Dealer replaced all injectors on that side. Car runs great now with no issues. Dealer recommends only using top tier fuels. Customer only uses top tier fuels. Experience great service from GM and dealer considering the wild goose chase. Time to cruise on!
fascamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #23
MPG_LOL

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Black on Black
I've been having a very similar problem on my 2014 ZL1 6MT. Its completely bone stock, besides a resonator delete which has been there from the previous owner. I bought the car with 9,400 miles and it currently has 16,700 and I've only used premium gas. The past few days I noticed that the car started misfiring/stuttering at high rpm with heavy throttle. It will occasionally hesitate while getting the car moving, usually when I start off in second.

I get the 'SERVICE STABILITRAK' message (when doing heavy throttle) and this morning I got a flashing CEL. I have yet to check the code for the CEL, but I've checked the battery connection, spark plug wires and all connections and nothing seems loose. When I drive the car slow to moderate its un-noticeable.

For the past 7k miles its been running fine and the only thing that's been done is an oil change about 1k miles ago and a new battery about 3k miles ago. It seemed like bad gas at first but I've filled up twice with premium since the problem occured and put almost a full bottle of Lucas Fuel injector cleaner.

Will post more updates as I look towards solutions. I wish it was simple as an unplugged spark plug connection but I hope its not a cracked valve spring.
MPG_LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #24
RichP

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert L99
Having similar issues. Thought it was from an exhaust rattle setting of the knock sensors but still getting the P0300 with anything over half throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPG_LOL View Post
I've been having a very similar problem on my 2014 ZL1 6MT. Its completely bone stock, besides a resonator delete which has been there from the previous owner. I bought the car with 9,400 miles and it currently has 16,700 and I've only used premium gas. The past few days I noticed that the car started misfiring/stuttering at high rpm with heavy throttle. It will occasionally hesitate while getting the car moving, usually when I start off in second.

I get the 'SERVICE STABILITRAK' message (when doing heavy throttle) and this morning I got a flashing CEL. I have yet to check the code for the CEL, but I've checked the battery connection, spark plug wires and all connections and nothing seems loose. When I drive the car slow to moderate its un-noticeable.

For the past 7k miles its been running fine and the only thing that's been done is an oil change about 1k miles ago and a new battery about 3k miles ago. It seemed like bad gas at first but I've filled up twice with premium since the problem occurred and put almost a full bottle of Lucas Fuel injector cleaner.

Will post more updates as I look towards solutions. I wish it was simple as an unplugged spark plug connection but I hope its not a cracked valve spring.
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #25
darkmoonzl1

Drives: zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobahn View Post
Sorry for posting without searching first, typical newbie mistake, its just that I was in a panic to find answers. After searching and reading it seemed a lot of people had a problem with a loose connection with the sparkplug wires. So I went out to the car and low and behold there was a sparkplug wire hanging completely off from the connection to the coil. Plugged it back in and fine as wine. But now I have the engine light still on. Is that something that has to be cleared or should it go off on its own after the problem is solved?
Just unplug the battery and plug it back in the light will not come back
darkmoonzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #26
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
This had been a reoccurring problem, strangely only occurring during the summer months...finally got fed up, and began zip-tying all wiring harnesses that touch the frame or the block. Paid particular attention to the wiring harnesses coming from the TB, across the front of the engine, and down the sides, making sure the wire loom surrounding the harness is intact, and that the harness and loom are resting on the zip ties, not the block or frame. Since doing so, the 5v reference circuit error has not come back and the problem appears to be solved.
SLP TVS2300 Supercharger; 3.6" Pulley; CAI Intake; 72# Injectors; ZL1 Fuel Pump; ADM Fuel Pressure Regulator; BBK Full-Length Headers; Cat Delete; Dynomax Cat-Back Exhaust; Eibach Pro-Kit suspension;ZL1 Front Bumper; NightOwl Lighting; '14 Heat extractor hood mod; Seibon CF trunk; GM High Wing and side skirts; Technostalgia Taillights; Pioneer Navigation; Infinity Subs and Amps; Scosche Double-DIN kit; CF cabin overlays; Z28 replica wheels; Hurst Line-Lock;
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote