Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #15
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
My goal will be whatever my ID850's support. Ill be upgrading my fuel pump obviously and fuel lines to support them better.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
I see you maxing out the blower before those 850s. I personally would've jumped to the 1000s just for the room, but you'll be fine. If not, add meth.
1sick_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #17
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
I see you maxing out the blower before those 850s. I personally would've jumped to the 1000s just for the room, but you'll be fine. If not, add meth.
Ive got meth ready to go on. My blower will support 1000hp as seen in multiple videos even from lingenfelter themseleves just unsure what precent my 850's will be at once i just adding more LB's and HP.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #18
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
ERL only needs a core block, not running motor. I would not send them a perfectly functioning LS3. You can sell that for $3000-3500 instead of sending them for a $700 core charge.

ERL uses a sleeve system. Others like RED also do sleeves, and most of the big name shops can get sleeved blocks, or get bare ERL blocks to build if you want to go that route. Other option is just to use a stock ls3 block that can easily support your power numbers. Just add good pistons/rods and if you want a stroker, a good crank.

My top choices for buying a motor are LME, HKE, Proline, Kurt Urban, and a few others. LME always seems priced good and turn around isn't crazy.

And nothing is bullet proof. Can pop a forged motor easy enough if fuel/tuning/etc isn't spot on.

Your blower and injectors will max out about the same time on pump. ID850s will do ~850rwhp and same with the blower.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #19
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
ERL only needs a core block, not running motor. I would not send them a perfectly functioning LS3. You can sell that for $3000-3500 instead of sending them for a $700 core charge.

ERL uses a sleeve system. Others like RED also do sleeves, and most of the big name shops can get sleeved blocks, or get bare ERL blocks to build if you want to go that route. Other option is just to use a stock ls3 block that can easily support your power numbers. Just add good pistons/rods and if you want a stroker, a good crank.

My top choices for buying a motor are LME, HKE, Proline, Kurt Urban, and a few others. LME always seems priced good and turn around isn't crazy.

And nothing is bullet proof. Can pop a forged motor easy enough if fuel/tuning/etc isn't spot on.

Your blower and injectors will max out about the same time on pump. ID850s will do ~850rwhp and same with the blower.

You recommend staying my stock Cubic's and just forging what i have?
Id be happy with 850rwhp.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #20
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
That all depends on your budget. If money is no concern, do whatever. If it is a concern, I would use a stock crank to save money and put it into heads/etc. A nice set of aftermarket thick deck heads works wonders, or at least some LSA castings nicely ported. If you can swing nice heads, custom cam, all the valve train stuff, nice dual pump setup, etc and throw in the extra $600+ for a stroker crank, go for it even though max power won't change, just hit peak earlier and blow tires off easier.