Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #239
CCWorksforme

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
If you can't differentiate sarcasm/joke vs actual photos of 24" rims, then I don't know what to tell you.
Ya I can, but we usually use emoticons when we make jokes or stuff like that, you are familiar with those right ?

Last edited by CCWorksforme; 06-19-2016 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #240
Terryfied

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Ha, ha... just stumbled across this thread and gotta say it's GM's fault. The Camaro should have never been equipped with anything BUT a V8. The OP should file suit against them for emotional damages that have obviously eroded his self esteem and caused him the poor judgement to post such a ***** confession. Blame The Man!
Dude, you should trade your v6 camaro in on a Mary kay mobile.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #241
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
you'll can't tell you're being catfished?
Lol, you know I've been reading through this thread and I've heard the "he must be fake/troll" comment a couple of times.

Not sure where this is coming from, what am I supposed to take a pic next to the car holding up a "I'm Tenacity" sign? Lol, I could do that in the morning after I leave the car wash, I always wax my car on Sundays.

Sometimes I wear my emotions on my sleeve, it's not "good" but hey, I'm not perfect. Like I said, I'm not really a CAR GUY and quite honestly I'm just learning about V6s and V8s. When I had my Charger, it was a V6, and I really knew nothing about V6s and V8s then, all I knew is that the Charger was a cool looking car.

I just wanted to make sure that the V6 Camaro wasn't a "girl's car" or something along those lines, where guys mainly drive the V8 version and chicks drive the V6. I didn't understand the Internet comments about the V6 = you are a pvssy, so that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of.

My conclusion, like I said, is that the comments are coming from people who are just car enthusiasts with certain belief systems. They believe if you buy a Challenger, Camaro or a Charger, you MUST put a V8 in it.....to hell if you actually will use the 400 plus HP, to hell if you don't want to spend nearly $40k instead of around $25k, to hell if you don't want to pay more for the gas/insurance....they believe if you buy a Challenger, Camaro or Charger, you MUST get the car with the V8 in it.

I do not agree with that, even though I AGREE that a "muscle" car starts at cars with 8 cylinders in it, even though it can STILL be argued that today's muscle cars don't fit the traditional definition and ALL Camaros are pony cars.

So again, I came off very emotional in the original post...I do understand that. But I wanted to get down to some concrete answers and I believe I've answered my questions.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:00 PM   #242
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
Lol, you know I've been reading through this thread and I've heard the "he must be fake/troll" comment a couple of times.

Not sure where this is coming from, what am I supposed to take a pic next to the car holding up a "I'm Tenacity" sign? Lol, I could do that in the morning after I leave the car wash, I always wax my car on Sundays.

Sometimes I wear my emotions on my sleeve, it's not "good" but hey, I'm not perfect. Like I said, I'm not really a CAR GUY and quite honestly I'm just learning about V6s and V8s. When I had my Charger, it was a V6, and I really knew nothing about V6s and V8s then, all I knew is that the Charger was a cool looking car.

I just wanted to make sure that the V6 Camaro wasn't a "girl's car" or something along those lines, where guys mainly drive the V8 version and chicks drive the V6. I didn't understand the Internet comments about the V6 = you are a pvssy, so that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of.

My conclusion, like I said, is that the comments are coming from people who are just car enthusiasts with certain belief systems. They believe if you buy a Challenger, Camaro or a Charger, you MUST put a V8 in it.....to hell if you actually will use the 400 plus HP, to hell if you don't want to spend nearly $40k instead of around $25k, to hell if you don't want to pay more for the gas/insurance....they believe if you buy a Challenger, Camaro or Charger, you MUST get the car with the V8 in it.

I do not agree with that, even though I AGREE that a "muscle" car starts at cars with 8 cylinders in it, even though it can STILL be argued that today's muscle cars don't fit the traditional definition and ALL Camaros are pony cars.

So again, I came off very emotional in the original post...I do understand that. But I wanted to get down to some concrete answers and I believe I've answered my questions.
Instead of wasting all of your time posting, the Gratiot cruise was today. Also, Friday night and tonight, you could head out to Woodward and enjoy your car. Don't worry so much about what anyone thinks, go enjoy your car
Old 06-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #243
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
"can" "YOU" "please" "STOP" "doing" "THIS" "and" "TROLL" "harderer"
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #244
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

Who are these so called "car enthusiasts" you speak of? I have never ran across them. In fact, most if not all the comments I have received about my car are very positive. Nice car! Beautiful Camaro! That's all I get. Oh, I was asked once if it was a V8 or not. I said V6 and that was the end of that.

Yes, the Challenger and Charger are muscle cars, but only if it has a V8 in it and you can somewhat argue that the Charger is not really a true muscle car since it is a 4 door sedan. You also have to remember this also rang true back in the old days when you could get a Challenger or even a Chevelle with an inline 6 cyl in it.

It's not the model that determines if it's a "muscle car" or not, it's the drivetrain option and to some extent how many doors it comes with. However, the Camaro was never a muscle car because it was never in the midsize segment. It was in the pony car 2+2 market segment to compete with the Mustang

Quote:
True. The term muscle car is a lot different today when you have 4 door sedan 707hp Charger's and turbocharged 4 cyl Camaro's. It's all good because even the weakest of the Camaros available today is faster than almost all the regular muscle cars from the golden age where the term originated from. In fact, I think the term used for those cars back in the day was super car. Muscle car was coined in the early to mid 70's.

To think that the V6 Camaro is faster than any regular production option V8 (Camaro) model ever made except for maybe the relatively rare 375 hp SS 396 1st gen F-body is pretty impressive. Everybody's favorite, the 1969 302 Z28, did 15's in the quarter mile and mid 7's from 0-60. A late model V6 Camaro would literally stomp it in all performance categories. To call a car (6th gen V6) that can do 0-60 in the low to mid 5's and the quarter mile in the low to mid 13's, a girl's car, is simply ridiculous.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:51 PM   #245
homermacleod

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
I think this thread should be moved to the appropriate section:

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/forums...ting-only.107/
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback | CAI Intake | Skip Shift Eliminator | Hill Start Assist Disable | Factory Short Throw Shifter |GM Strut Tower Brace | Bo White Ported Throttle Body | Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can |PAC RPK-GM4101 | Kenwood DDX6904S | JL C2650; C2650X; 10W1 (2); XD400/4 | Fosgate P500X2
Old 06-19-2016, 01:08 AM   #246
CCWorksforme

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by homermacleod View Post
I think this thread should be moved to the appropriate section:

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/forums...ting-only.107/

Are you a member of that forum ? good for you.

Do you have any suggestions, feedback, questions ? here is the link.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Last edited by CCWorksforme; 06-19-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:20 AM   #247
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
At this point, you folks must be really bored.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #248
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
That's foolish. There are many, many and I mean many guys who drive those cars that know way more about cars and how to make them perform than you do.
Sorry I wasn't clear as to my reference. I meant to refer to the "new" 4-cylinder turbocharged base engined Camaros, and not the truly hot modded imports.

Again, sorry I wasn't clear.
I stand chastised.

No need for a personal attack on someone you do not know.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #249
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Sorry I wasn't clear as to my reference. I meant to refer to the "new" 4-cylinder turbocharged base engined Camaros, and not the truly hot modded imports.

Again, sorry I wasn't clear.
I stand chastised.

No need for a personal attack on someone you do not know.
The dreaded "no need to be personal" on an online forum. Oh boy. Everybody gets what they want, I guess.

Let me explain something to you. In your previous post, you insulted people you do not know by calling them "losers" and "posers" because of the cars they drive. By your own volition, that is wrong. Here's a reminder of what you posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
"Look at the bright and sunny side. The real loser/posers are drivin' the turdbo 4-cylinders and burnin' premium."
I know plenty of guys that tune or own turbo four cylinders. I'm friends with some of them. Don't put down my friends and expect me to say nothing. And don't put people down and then complain when somebody says you're being foolish when you put them down.

You'd like to portray this exchange as me picking on you. When you go after people and I defend them, that's not an attack. It's a defense. And as far as "personal" goes, there is no personal aspect to my statement. No fat jokes etc. Foolish means "unwise or ill-considered". Even you recognize your statement had these qualities. This whole thread has become about getting a thicker skin and manning up. Maybe you should read it.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #250
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
I apologized for what I previously stated. That should be the end of it, unless you and your "friends" refuse to accept it. I can not and will not do any more.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #251
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Food fight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Old 06-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #252
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
All I know is that I have come to LOVE my car even more than I did before . I swear to you, I can't leave the house without another random stranger compilmenting me on how awesome the car looks. This is by far, the BEST car I've owned to date, way better than my Charger which was blue with 22's and received a lot of compilments too...but no where as near as the Camaro is.

- The MRTv2 should add that generic muscle sound, also I think any "drone" will be good because it just adds to the overall effect.

- If anybody asks me anything in relation to performance I'm just going to say the Camaro produces nearly 400 HP, which ISN'T a lie because it's at about 340 HP right now and once I add the Performance Package from MRT, that will increase the HP to about 375 - 390 HP which is a lot.

- I don't refer to a V6 or a V8 Camaro, I say I have a Camaro.

- Plus, MOST PEOPLE do not understand that today's V6 for the Camaro is doing 330 - 340 HP out of the gate, which is what the V8s used to do. I think MOST PEOPLE are still under the impression that the V6 is still doing 225 - 250 or something like that.

- So MOST PEOPLE don't understand this so eliminate confusion (because I don't have time to educate folks) I don't refer to a V6 or a V8....I say I have a Camaro. When that MRTv2 there will be a muscle sound so nobody will even think to ask about an engine. Understand that the ONLY REASON the chick asked about the engine was because the standard stock exhaust doesn't have a generic "muscle sound".....the MRTv2 will add a "generic muscle sound" which I believe will completely eliminate any questions on the ENGINE going forward. And like I said, if anybody even asks about that, I'm just going to discuss the nearly 400 HP in it and change the topic.

Closed Thread