Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #225
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
99% of posts on this, or any other forum for that matter, are intended to get a reaction. this thread was left open to get peoples reactions. As an adult one has to assume they won't all agree. you'll notice my low post count, I rarely post just for shits and giggles and don't get sucked into many internet arguments as a "keyboard commando". I don't know you, the OP or the dude who's post you deleted. But just reading from this thread my 2 cents are that telling the guy he's "full of shit" before he pulled the rental keys away and the whole standing with a sign and whatnot are not actions of a mature person trying to help himself out. He deserves to get his car returned in perfect condition. As a car owner myself I believe that. But he needs to understand that the dealership is only obligated to return it in acceptale running condition as proving in a civil court how a car taken for mechanical work was delivered is a difficult task. He's going to have to meet the dealer half way to get anything more than an "its running , heres your keys" and to get that he's going to have to start throwing sugar at them. Plain and simple. Demanding more than is owed instead of asking for it as a sign of good faith usually gets one nowhere. Again my 2 cents. I was under the impression when I signed up to join this forum that I was allowed that much.
I post on here to share and talk with other like minded individuals. I'm not looking for acceptance or "reactions" online. As several members on here know me personally, I am a very nice and easy going guy in person. When I feel like I'm being bamboozled by a car dealer on shoddy repair work? Damn right I'll act out a little. We all have to vent. I didn't mean to hurt yours or others feelings on here.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #226
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Sure you are... It's the delivery...

We all deal with stress in different ways... I Know this from my previous career...

I'm not going to sit here and listen to statements about court actions and this law and that... unless you wish to throw out your Bar number and prove that you practice in Texas... Then there's the relevance of it...

I'm also not going to allow comments that include name calling or outright rude comments... Now, lets keep the thread on topic...

Again, Your opinion is yours, and thats fine, but think about the delivery...
I feel for you, I really do. Tough job you have here, and all the MOD's for that matter.

Getting your opinion/feelings accurately across on paper/digitally is one of the hardest things a normal human can do! I have many years of experience in "digital communications"(e-mails and the like). Just one word placed incorrectly or inadvertently in a sentence can screw up the whole intent of the message. It's the reason I proofread my posts about 10 times before posting. It's something everyone should try to do to ensure their message is received as intended! It's still very tough to do but the proofreading definitely helps.

Again, I don't envy you MOD's one bit but y'all do a damn good job.

Back on subject; I'll keep this one going if nothing more than for the sake of the guys/gals that don't get lucky and get the proof/info that Nutro got(pictures)! I'd say he's very lucky to have gotten it. Most people would have never known their car was mistreated like that!

Be sure and keep us posted Nutro!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #227
Learjetguru

Drives: 2011 2SS LS3
EVERYBODY BACK TO WORK. ENOUGH OF THIS BS

Learjetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #228
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I don't disagree, in fact I said that earlier in the thread. My point is GM has very little if any culpability here.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Can you explain why or why not? Is there information somewhere that supports your statement? I would just like to read it or see it myself. You are stating a fact in your post: "GM HAS VERY LITTLE IF ANY CULPABILITY HERE". That is a factual statement by you. Where is the information to back it up? Again, I'm just looking for the real answer because I disagree with your quoted statement.

I can understand there is "leeway" for dealerships when it comes to buying and selling cars. Dealerships have to make money, I get it. What I can't understand is how a dealership service department, warranty work only, can be so disassociated from GM. Why have I read in so many threads on these forums that "GM Rep's got involved", "they had to get the go ahead from GM", and statements like those. At what point does it fall on the dealership when warranty work is involved? Like I stated earlier, aren't service department tech's GM certified? Why would they need to be certified if it's all on the dealership?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #229
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
Can you explain why or why not? Is there information somewhere that supports your statement? I would just like to read it or see it myself. You are stating a fact in your post: "GM HAS VERY LITTLE IF ANY CULPABILITY HERE". That is a factual statement by you. Where is the information to back it up? Again, I'm just looking for the real answer because I disagree with your quoted statement.

I can understand there is "leeway" for dealerships when it comes to buying and selling cars. Dealerships have to make money, I get it. What I can't understand is how a dealership service department, warranty work only, can be so disassociated from GM. Why have I read in so many threads on these forums that "GM Rep's got involved", "they had to get the go ahead from GM", and statements like those. At what point does it fall on the dealership when warranty work is involved? Like I stated earlier, aren't service department tech's GM certified? Why would they need to be certified if it's all on the dealership?
GM did not mess up the repair, the dealer did. Sure dealers are backed by the GM name but they are independently owned. How can you expect GM to shell out for a repair that a dealer messed up, this is not even the reason it was brought in. I just don't see it. The dealer messed it up and needs to fix it, not GM. Remember the engine is in this condition because the dealer messed up the repair, that's the big difference here.

Again this is my opinion. I am just saying the OP needs to focus his attention at the dealer, not GM.

With that said, hopefully GM uses their clout to get the dealership to do the right thing.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #230
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
GM did not mess up the repair, the dealer did. Sure dealers are backed by the GM name but they are independently owned. How can you expect GM to shell out for a repair that a dealer messed up, this is not even the reason it was brought in. I just don't see it. The dealer messed it up and needs to fix it, not GM. Remember the engine is in this condition because the dealer messed up the repair, that's the big difference here.

Again this is my opinion. I am just saying the OP needs to focus his attention at the dealer, not GM.

With that said, hopefully GM uses their clout to get the dealership to do the right thing.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
So, McDonalds has franchises like GM dealers. I can go to my franchise McDonalds down the street and I'm attacked by an employee with a knife on the clock and assaulted further.

It's strictly THAT stores media problem and lawsuit issues? McDonalds itself has no legal woes at all?

Is that what we're talking about? The dealer has all the recourse when shit goes south? GM has no stake in it's namesake?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #231
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
So, McDonalds has franchises like GM dealers. I can go to my franchise McDonalds down the street and I'm attacked by an employee with a knife on the clock and assaulted further.

It's strictly THAT stores media problem and lawsuit issues? McDonalds itself has no legal woes at all?

Is that what we're talking about? The dealer has all the recourse when shit goes south? GM has no stake in it's namesake?
Of course they have a stake in the namesake and this is why I said they need to push the dealership to do something, if fact from a "pr" perspective it would be a smart thing for GM to just to the repair. Personally for me I would not buy from dealership but I would still buy from GM regardless of the outcome.

And with regard to your example, it's really not a good one. One is a crime, one is not. Cannot compare a felony to an incompetent worker.

Again I am with you on this, this is just my opinion. Which really means very little.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #232
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I'd want a new engine. Bottom line, they screwed up your car, they should "fix" it. They should be happy to go above and beyond it's only good business.

They could get a new engine at their cost and have the tech that screwed it up fix it on his time.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #233
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'd want a new engine. Bottom line, they screwed up your car, they should "fix" it. They should be happy to go above and beyond it's only good business.

They could get a new engine at their cost and have the tech that screwed it up fix it on his time.
This would be what a reasonable dealer would so.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #234
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
I can go to my franchise McDonalds down the street and I'm attacked by an employee with a knife on the clock and assaulted further.

you make a good point. when that lady spilled the coffee on her leg and sued, she sued McDonald's, not the owner of the franchise. and she got her settlement from McDonald's, not the owner of the franchise.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #235
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

If they operate like any other independant shop they just need to claim it to their insurance. This kind of thing does happen. Its the same situation as if a car came into that shop with no GM warranty for repair. During the repair the tech messes up and causes more damage. Well they wouldnt be asking GM for help would they? I dont know what kind of shop insurance they have but they need to either claim it or just eat the bill and move on. Its not like that shop ONLY does warranty work on cars. For them to even ask for GM's help in the matter is just confusing to me. If one of my techs screwed up a job I wouldnt be calling my parts mfg to submit a mfg defect claim. Depending on the amount I would eat the cost or be claiming it on insurance.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #236
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Amazing how social media and internet forums has turned the tables on business and politics.
Not trying to take sides but this thread is prosecutor, judge and jury in the court of public opinion against Chuck Nash Chevrolet. Most of us will be biased in support of the OP.
Discretion, tact, courtesy, maturity and honesty are key to getting things done. Back in the day, I had a knocking engine replaced under warranty on an awful Dodge Intrepid I once owned. I was taken care of without fuss or drama. Never did I consider legal action or soliciting allies to defend me on an internet forum. Never did I think to flame the dealership or Dodge on a public forum.
Give CN a chance to satisfy you without the drama.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #237
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
A
Not trying to take sides but this thread is prosecutor, judge and jury in the court of public opinion against Chuck Nash Chevrolet. Most of us will be biased in support of the OP.
Discretion, tact, courtesy, maturity and honesty are key to getting things done. Back in the day, I had a knocking engine replaced under warranty on an awful Dodge Intrepid I once owned. I was taken care of without fuss or drama. Never did I consider legal action or soliciting allies to defend me on an internet forum. Never did I think to flame the dealership or Dodge on a public forum.
Give CN a chance to satisfy you without the drama.
the difference is the OP was never taken care of. unlike you, they didn't fix the problem. well, they did, but damaged something else in the process.seems pretty open and shut to me. OP takes car to dealership for warranty work, dealer screws something up and damages pistons, dealer then tries to lie about damage to avoid replacing pistons.

it doesn't take a third year law student to figure this one out. as for the Drama, CN has pretty much told him to go F' himself. not sure how you figure they're going to satisfy him. you didn't just read the last page of the thread did you?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #238
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
you make a good point. when that lady spilled the coffee on her leg and sued, she sued McDonald's, not the owner of the franchise. and she got her settlement from McDonald's, not the owner of the franchise.
Again a totally different situation. One was because of a missing warning label (freaking scam filed by an ambulance chasing attorney), the other a botched repair by a mechanic at a dealer.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Tags
chuck nash sucks