Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2023, 05:40 PM   #225
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
I hope the best for him that he one day gets his car. I know he has been waiting for years to get his stuff sorted out.....

Jason
thanks bro biglou1le is just a hater
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:49 PM   #226
gingercar-61

Drives: 2020 ILS Camaro
You know that ZL1 will be very expensive.
gingercar-61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM   #227
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Exactly. The wife and I were out the other day and pulled up behind one of the EV "Mustangs". I just turned to her and said, man Ford really screwed that nameplate putting that badge on that "thing". Honestly, I think Ford probably felt that if they put the Mustang nameplate on it, it would help sell it. I doubt it did.
Actually it’s worked pretty much dead on the way Ford planned it.
  • The Mustang coupe is still available, so all the Mustang aficionados who despise it just piss on it and buy their next Mustang
  • The people who like Mustang but can’t rationalize one because they need the passenger space can get something with the Mustang name and a hint of the Mustang design
  • People who are in the market for a CUV, especially an EV CUV can buy a really capable vehicle.
  • Ford has the second piece of their Mustang sub-brand strategy (a coupe, a CUV, and sometime soon a sedan)
  • Mach E outsells Mustang Coupe ( 77,959 to 65,480 in 2022) and would sell more if they could build more. Right now dealers can’t keep them in stock and orders have a 4 month wait
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 08:53 PM   #228
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Where does it say this is a 2024 model? They’re not making any except in January. Sounds more like a 2023 extension to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EPA Model Year designations allow for one January 1st in any model year. Technically speaking, you could start the 2024 model year on January 2, 2023 and end it December 31, 2024.

Since 2023 Model Year started sometime in 2022 and includes January 1, 2023, the 2023 MY cannot extend into January 2024.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 03-23-2023, 08:54 PM   #229
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
  • The Mustang coupe is still available, so all the Mustang aficionados who despise it just piss on it and buy their next Mustang
  • The people who like Mustang but can’t rationalize one because they need the passenger space can get something with the Mustang name and a hint of the Mustang design
  • People who are in the market for a CUV, especially an EV CUV can buy a really capable vehicle.
  • Ford has the second piece of their Mustang sub-brand strategy (a coupe, a CUV, and sometime soon a sedan)
  • Mach E outsells Mustang Coupe ( 77,959 to 65,480 in 2022) and would sell more if they could build more. Right now dealers can’t keep them in stock and orders have a 4 month wait
If Ford is really selling all they can build then why the healthy price cut on their most profitable version of the Mach E…? Doesn’t make sense.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #230
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I wonder if the Jan 2024 timeline is a typo and supposed to be June 2024. 1/2 a model year doesn’t make sense unless a successor was going to roll out soon after. Otherwise there was no need for a 2024 model at all and they could’ve ended the Camaro with the 2023 MY.
Ending in January instead of June is most likely due to GM’s need to idle the plant for conversion for Cadillac EV products. So it’s a matter of half a model year being better than none.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #231
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
But Ford is still making an ICE Mustang, so who cares?
It's great Ford has committed to a seventh generation that includes a V8/manual in a 2 door car. It just sucks that Mustang also means SUV now. I think that qualifies as selling out the name that over 50 years of two door performance car built. I care and am concerned that if the 2 door car market is so small the traditional Mustang goes away and we're left with an SUV called Mustang. But again they are making a seventh generation that kind of looks like a Camaro so that's alright.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:15 PM   #232
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Those Mustang Coupe sales I predict will see a nice sales increase since its competition is basically gone soon. I would not be surprised to see that number reach 100k units sold cause of it. Ford played it well and will reap the benefits. I am hoping the V8 gets enough demand to keep it going like the Ford exec said if the demand remains they will keep them going.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:18 PM   #233
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
LGR is slated for EV production. The 7th gen won't be produced there unless it goes EV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
There was some discussion that the all electric Corvette may be built in Lansing.
Quote:
Maybe but an all electric Corvette is a long ways off.
May depend on which all-electric Corvette. There is still a lot of Intel saying that Corvette will become a sub-brand, like Mustang and Bronco. It is very likely that a Corvette EV SUV and a Camaro EV sports coupe could be built in the same location. Or maybe Camaro becomes a model on the Corvette sub-brand.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:22 PM   #234
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
That's not a true at all. The 6th gen absolutely shits all over the 5th gens on track. What you just said is a slap to the face of the folks that worked their ass off on the 6th to make it a great car.
I don't always agree with GearheadSS, but I think he is 100% correct on this one. The 6th gen is the best Camaro ever designed, and the team behind it poured their best knowledge, sweat and love into making it the amazing value it is.

As to why the Camaro team got disbanded and Al Oppenheiser moved onto the Hummer EV project, we will likely never know exactly, but whatever the reason, neither that nor GM's corporate reluctance to dedicate efforts to updating the original design negates (or even diminishes) their achievement with the 6th gen.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:24 PM   #235
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
There's money on the line to be made with EVs, especially in CUV form. gm knows that and they're not going to leave it on the table if they can get it into their pockets. Remember with the Ultium platform, the hardest part of making a "new/different" vehicle is designing a new top-hat. That means they don't have to work near as hard to make it happen. Easy money is good money.
Every bit of this. ^^^

Old 03-23-2023, 09:29 PM   #236
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Clear but having worked for both you greatly understate Mark compared to his father. Not even close. Your opinion clearly attempts to ignore the Z28 on the Gen5 was the result of Mark. GM had to repurchase the naming rights for ZL1 as just prior to the Chicago auto show Mark made the decision that the Z28 had to be NA.
Cool. I also worked under both of them. Both great in their own ways. One of my earliest career memories was Lloyd Reuss not firing me for “stealing” his Regal T-Type when I was a co-op student. Many years later when I told Mark the story he lol’d.

Old 03-23-2023, 09:38 PM   #237
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
When is Lansing Grand River swapping over to full EV production and what's the plan for CT4/CT5? Do we have an end date for production of those cars?
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:39 PM   #238
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If Ford is really selling all they can build then why the healthy price cut on their most profitable version of the Mach E…? Doesn’t make sense.
Inflation Reduction Act offers buyers up to $7,500 tax incentive on EV Cars up to $55,000 and EV CUV, SUV, Trucks up to $80,000. In order to get some of their models under those thresholds, Tesla cut the prices of Model 3 and Model Y to qualify for the tax incentives. The very next day Ford cut prices on their top trim Mach E models to maintain a price gap with the Tesla Model Y.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/qai/202...h=431005ab5c57