Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #211

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
They are trying to spin the NHRA ban as a badge of honour. I think it's an oversight and speaks to the safety of doing this without meeting proven criteria.
So although I love that they engineered and built the Demon they left one thing "undone" NHRA compliance. Why did they send it to the NHRA For testing anyway if not for certification? On that mark the demon misses big league.
The ban from NHRA ties in perfectly with their "Thug-Life"/"Gang-UP" marketing theme...

I always had a soft-spot for MoPar and Dodge muscle...but what an eye-opener watching this reveal of the Demon and their marketing strategy...

After some thought, they can keep it. Not interested.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #212
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I agree, it's pretty cool, but again - one trick pony, arguments are made that Dodge is fine with this - I think you agree? The Chassis is outdated, it's going on what 11 years now. It's heavy! How many Camaro fans would have loved if they came out with a Gen 6 Camaro on the Zeta platform but it had 750 HP...some..but not ME!!!

You know what, I can go by an Gen 5 ZL1 with LSA and throw on a huge blower and have a 1200 HP car and probably cost me total $50K.
And still lose to the Demon because you'd never get it to hook unless you spent another big wad of money on suspension and power management upgrades.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #213
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
Yeah, "until", sure thing. We are talking about now or has GM done their reveal of the C8 and made the 850+HP official? Until they do it is a pipe dream.

A mass produced, assembly line, production car that runs mid 9s unmodified is bombshell and it's a Dodge, so what. Would it be better if it were Ford or GM. I just love the American auto industry, good for them. The fanboy stuff is very stupid and really does nothing to promote the performance car industry. I've always been a GM and Ford guy and have never owned a MOPAR anything but would grab this beast in heartbeat. Good for Dodge doing what no other manufacturer has done before. They are getting the lions share of attention and well deserved praise.

3300 cars, "mass produced"

It's awesome to see a factory car like this, but ultimately It's not my cup o' tea especially since it's not going to be much fun to drive around the street. But I guess on the upside I can make payments on it while it occupies the space in my garage for 9 months a year.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #214
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Great! Now if they could actually make cars that weren't consistently dead last in quality.
6000 - 04/05/2017 - Delivered!
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:52 AM   #215
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Yeah, "until", sure thing. We are talking about now or has GM done their reveal of the C8 and made the 850+HP official? Until they do it is a pipe dream.
It's not a pipedream! I also work P/T for Chevy doing driving events and therefore have communication with some bigwigs at GM. This last weekend I saw uncamouflaged pictures of the C8 and was told what the engine options are going to be - Base C8 - LT6 6.2 liter 550hp and the Badass LT7 Twin Turbo 6.6 liter 850+hp
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #216
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
It's not a pipedream! I also work P/T for Chevy doing driving events and therefore have communication with some bigwigs at GM. This last weekend I saw uncamouflaged pictures of the C8 and was told what the engine options are going to be - Base C8 - LT6 6.2 liter 550hp and the Badass LT7 Twin Turbo 6.6 liter 850+hp
I hope you are right but I will believe that when I see it.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #217
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggitydog View Post
They are trying to spin the NHRA ban as a badge of honour. I think it's an oversight and speaks to the safety of doing this without meeting proven criteria.
So although I love that they engineered and built the Demon they left one thing "undone" NHRA compliance. Why did they send it to the NHRA For testing anyway if not for certification? On that mark the demon misses big league.
Ummm not exactly. Fiats goal was to have NHRA certify the 9.65@140 not the car.
It's not much different than buying a ZL1 to take to a car show but never to a track. What's the point of owning such a car if you don't plan to use it as it's intended. While a stellar car the ZL1 is a compromise trying to be all things to all buyers. It certainly excels at going around corners but it's straight line performance is on par with the now dated Hell Cat. Gotta set trends not follow them. Some call the Demon a "one trick pony" but that said Dodge has done well on the road course with their ugly ass Viper. I'm pretty stoked that I had the opportunity to live in the performance era twice, the '60's and now.
What car nut doesn't love it?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #218
speedyman
Account Suspended

Drives: ATS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
3300 cars, "mass produced"

It's awesome to see a factory car like this, but ultimately It's not my cup o' tea especially since it's not going to be much fun to drive around the street. But I guess on the upside I can make payments on it while it occupies the space in my garage for 9 months a year.
Please explain to us how a street legal, contemporary, muscle car with over 800 HP is "not going to be much fun to drive on the street"?
speedyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #219
JerTM

Quote:
Please explain to us how a street legal, contemporary, muscle car with over 800 HP is "not going to be much fun to drive on the street"?
In their write up they stated they loosened up the front suspension, and stiffened up the rear. So basically if I want to turn, it's going to feel slushy up front and lumber truck in the back. God forbid you come across anything more than a smooth road. But yes, it would be fun to launch hard from a red light. So about 2% of what my driving day consists of, but hey I can get to the 35 mph limit instantly.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #220
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
In their write up they stated they loosened up the front suspension, and stiffened up the rear. So basically if I want to turn, it's going to feel slushy up front and lumber truck in the back. God forbid you come across anything more than a smooth road. But yes, it would be fun to launch hard from a red light. So about 2% of what my driving day consists of, but hey I can get to the 35 mph limit instantly.
You have traffic/red lights in Utah?!
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #221
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe the suspension can be adjusted much like our magnetic ride control since it showed on the screen adjustments for the suspension, including a drag setting. I don't see it driving around all the time with the suspension set up for launching.

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
ModdedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #222
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
It does that in track mode. Push a button and, amongst a lot of other things, the front shocks loosen up to facilitate weight transfer. Massive weight transfer.

In regular mode it goes back to being more or less a normal car.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #223
JerTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
You have traffic/red lights in Utah?!
Rare, but yes. I live in a rural town with about 10 lights from end to end. But I used to live in Salt Lake with a pop of over 2 million so I had some traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
It does that in track mode. Push a button and, amongst a lot of other things, the front shocks loosen up to facilitate weight transfer. Massive weight transfer.

In regular mode it goes back to being more or less a normal car.
Then that is a change in tone. I was a Dodge guy way before I was a Chevy guy. Now I will drive just about anything but German and Ford lol
Old 04-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #224
AZ Charlie

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
By far the most uneducated post I've ever seen on this forum. You know nothing about the target market for this vehicle or the needs/wants of that market. Please provide data to backup your claim (I already know you won't be able to).
LOL Sorry Mr Pi Kappa Alpha...just my .02 in the market and my friends feedback that will be ordering one. If it was just a two seater it would be a no go for many of us that already have two seater cars (I have a LP640) that get driven less because you can not take your wife and kiddo(s) with you half the time when you want to take the car out. Many people will buy this car for the fun of it and bragging rights...NOT to go to the drag strip every weekend. Not going to get into a pissing match with you about something like this when I have tons of friends that are in and out of cars in three years than most people have in their lifetime. My case in point - I did hear back from my friend who owns a Dodge dealership and he said the passenger seat and rear seating is a $1 option each so looks like I will be getting one. He agreed with me stating they would have been crazy to not do rear seating since most inquiries he has had are requesting that they get passenger and rear seating on their order.
2012 Ford F450 Super Duty
Prior cars:
2015 Z/28 Redline Motorsports SC725 (see profile for build details, Redline Motorsports youtube, Super Chevy article, etc)
2010 SS Supercharged with other mods...(two of this model)
2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (two of this model)
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 348 Spider
Saleen Mustang
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote