Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #1975
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Well Nathan; finally got my polished parts back from your polisher Geronimo and reinstalled in the engine bay. I've gone the route of "pretty-ing" up the bay and utilizing a painted and modified engine cover to "cover up the mess" The polished TB and Intake really helped finish it off. Hopefully I'll get some better pics when I can get her out of the garage. Thanks for all your help and inspiration. Here's a link to some other pics of the vert;

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=12864

Name:  Engine Bay.jpg
Views: 3167
Size:  180.2 KB

Name:  Engine Bay 2.jpg
Views: 2512
Size:  181.2 KB

Name:  CC2 Crop.jpg
Views: 2050
Size:  689.2 KB
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #1976
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Wait until I post pics of the front subframe, you will be proud!

Little update:My brothers are helping me like crazy and we are putting the afterburners on. Expect the car to move at a faster pace over the next few months.
Update?

Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #1977
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Not much. No beer, no cars, no boobies. My recruiter left a few things out...
You mean you didn't read the small print?, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
quick pic of my car that ive changed a few things on since last pic. redone the nitrous lines and heater hose, intake and a few lil things. ill be doing my fuse box and pcm relocation soon as i can figure out what i want to do with them.
Looking good dekan, can't wait to see the transformation once you relocate the Fuse box and pcm. Please take lots of pics for us and post any tips you discover along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Today is probably my last chance to snort aluminum dust and sniff paint fumes for a while. It was really nice out so I had to take advantage. Probably won't get it bolted back in until tomorrow, needs drying time. I'll probably add the metco polished pulley next winter when everything comes apart for a cam. Some polished 12 points will bolt it back in.

Wow, that's a fairly simple project anybody could tackle and what a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Well Nathan; finally got my polished parts back from your polisher Geronimo and reinstalled in the engine bay. I've gone the route of "pretty-ing" up the bay and utilizing a painted and modified engine cover to "cover up the mess" The polished TB and Intake really helped finish it off. Hopefully I'll get some better pics when I can get her out of the garage. Thanks for all your help and inspiration. Here's a link to some other pics of the vert;

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=12864

Attachment 489199

Attachment 489200

Attachment 489201
Pony, that looks great! I'm glad everything worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Update?

LOL, I did say progress on the car......... not on the updates

Here is a quickie: Got this package in today.

Name:  RACE RAMPS.jpg
Views: 1913
Size:  115.9 KB

Rockin, if times allows, I will be creating a new thread in the suspension section today with lots of updates. Stay tuned.

I'm surprised nobody took a stab at guessing what the MC Hammer video hint was. I guess we will just have to wait and see
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 AM   #1978
Moreno1

I just finished posting up a thread in the suspension section. This thread will be where I post all of the suspension related build updates to keep this thread more focused on the engine bay. I also thought it would be fun to have a dialogue with the suspension guru's on the journey of pushing the envelope to get 1.5g's out of our cars.

Here is the link:
Getting Project G5.R to 1.5g's: Pfadt Racing Parts and Installation discussion Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #1979
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
i messed around for about a hour yesterday, to see what its gona take and how hard its gonna be to relocate them. its gonna be much harder then i thought. but , i think its possible. jus got to cut all the factory plastic wire cover stuff and all the over used tape they put on lol.
i did clean up the wiring for now tho moved it around. to hide untill i can get around to it.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #1980
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
I just finished posting up a thread in the suspension section. This thread will be where I post all of the suspension related build updates to keep this thread more focused on the engine bay. I also thought it would be fun to have a dialogue with the suspension guru's on the journey of pushing the envelope to get 1.5g's out of our cars.

Here is the link:
Getting Project G5.R to 1.5g's: Pfadt Racing Parts and Installation discussion Thread

Good luck getting to 1.5g's. The 2014 Z/28 is a factory built race car and is only rated at 1.05g.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #1981
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX Camaro View Post
Good luck getting to 1.5g's. The 2014 Z/28 is a factory built race car and is only rated at 1.05g.
Factory still cant touch aftermarket if someone puts enough money and effort into it.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #1982
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Pfadt pulled 1.3g's on stock rubber. 1.5g's is very achievable.

Bomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #1983
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Yes with enough money anything is possible. The first problem I see is the aftermarket front subframe. I understand the intention was to save weight but it doesn't look like it was made to handle 1.5g's in cornering acceleration.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #1984
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
The factory Z/28 is also over 3,800 lbs. I'm guessing Nathan's car is going to be low 3,500's; almost 300 lbs lighter. Unless he's building a flat-out track car that won't be driven on the street, reaching 1.5g might be a stretch. I'll bet he hits 1.4g though.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1985
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
tires will have a lot to do with what he can get g's up to
Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #1986
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Well yeah if he runs racing-only tires, sure he can hit 1.5g. I'm assuming he's going to run street tires.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #1987
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
1.5g is very difficult, shifter carts can do it, barely; http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...s/viewall.html
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Now have a 1965 Chevelle 4 dr wagon!!
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #1988
Moreno1

Hey guys thanks for the feed back, this is what I was hoping to see more off on the new thread. The idea is to make G5.R a community project and see what we can accomplish.

Quote:
Hey LSX, I've been keeping an eye on your build and that's going to be one nice ride Please post some pics on here to encourage some of the other members with what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Factory still cant touch aftermarket if someone puts enough money and effort into it.
Vroom, we are definitely going to put in the effort. It's going to be interesting to see what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
Pfadt pulled 1.3g's on stock rubber. 1.5g's is very achievable.

That's the reason will are exited about using Pfadt components on the project.

Quote:
Yes with enough money anything is possible. The first problem I see is the aftermarket front subframe. I understand the intention was to save weight but it doesn't look like it was made to handle 1.5g's in cornering acceleration.
Actually, the sub is made out of Chromoly and has been used on a couple of all-out track cars, one of which Pfadt was involved with. We are also planning on doing down bars and .......... well, you'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The factory Z/28 is also over 3,800 lbs. I'm guessing Nathan's car is going to be low 3,500's; almost 300 lbs lighter. Unless he's building a flat-out track car that won't be driven on the street, reaching 1.5g might be a stretch. I'll bet he hits 1.4g though.
Doc, I have a few more thing we are doing that might get us to 450 lbs drop. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
This will be an on-going evolution as I will be testing different tire setups all the way up to the most aggressive tire setup we can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
1.5g is very difficult, shifter carts can do it, barely; http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...s/viewall.html
Wish me luck. It would be neat if we can win one for the Camaro community.

Quick update: Nobody has still taken a stab at the MC Hammer clue, so here is another one.

Came in today.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  126.8 KB

For the rest of the reveal, go to the new suspension thread.

Here is the link:

I will be updating the suspension thread daily for the next few weeks as I'm way behind on the updates. So keep checking in. I think that thread will be just as good as this one.