Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #169
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportGeek View Post
Could be that he had a life changing event, maybe he got demoted, maybe his wife lost her job. Could be any number of reasons he wants to downgrade.
Its just fine if he wants to downgrade, he has been warned about the financial impact by others and he seems ok to live with it, but really, its a good way to stay in the Camaro "club" and free up a few dollars a month IMO.
He's said multiple times he CAN afford an SS.
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:46 AM   #170
zlwhine

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Honestly, like other have said, at the end of the day this deal will not be favorable financially. Look down the line when you are trying to trade this car in and get a newer car; guarantee you will take a hit there from the downgrade.

Now, that being said, it's all about what will make you happier and make your life easier. If the V6's performance downgrade relative to the V8 is not your concern, the V6 will make you just as happy as the V8, if not even more because of the slightly better gas mileage and knowing you have less mileage, then go for it. The main issue with asking people on this forum about your potential trade is that you are asking a group of people (myself included) that wanted a performance-oriented vehicle and not simply something that looks cool. I personally chose to purchase my Camaro MAINLY because of the engine and its performance (which in my mind really makes up the car), but hey, I'm also a speed junky and push my car to its limits whenever I get a chance as that is what provides me with a smile on my face. The premium price I pay for gasoline I don't complain about anymore: smiles per gallon and not miles per gallon in my mind - in this sense my purchase turned out to be much more profitable than me buying a slower car as it provides me joy whenever I get inside of it. But, not everyone cares for the power of cars - we are in fact a very small niche community here on the Camaro forum and amongst other performance-car enthusiasts. Otherwise, the best selling vehicles would not be those fuel efficient eco boxes we love to bash (myself included from time to time, haha).

So, if the V6 will make your life easier in your mind and the downgrade will leave you missing nothing, then the choice is quite clear in my mind and your route of action seems to be mapped out.

I hope everyone can understand this point of view and be supportive of the OP's decision regardless of where our opinion of the matter stands. I just do not want the OP to regret this decision in the near future (like he regrets the purchase of the SS over a V6 model) and in a few months starts banging his head over the trade because trading the other way around will be SIGNIFICANTLY worse financially than what you are doing even now if you go through with it.

Nonetheless, if you can live without the performance and do not care about the overall driving experience the entire package of the SS provides (engine sound, throttle response, etc) and you do not care about the resale value of the car and simply want a nice looking car to get you from point A to B, don't sweat it; absolutely nothing wrong with the decision then. It might be flawed to the majority of this forum, but that is not a direct concern to you. Wish you the best of luck!
Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 1 7/8" headers, Stainless Works 3" retro-chambered catback exhaust, flex fuel conversion kit, BTR stage II cam, 2.5/9.1 pulley combo, ID1050x injectors, & LPE HX. Tune done by Speed Inc. in Schaumburg, Illinois.
zlwhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:47 AM   #171
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
OP must have figured it out. No post since 69. That seems to happen a lot on here.

If I truly needed to save money and fuel, I wouldn't be buying any Camaro.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #172
xvbnchj

Drives: ford
That is completely normal for a aftermarket I take and totally safe.
xvbnchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 AM   #173
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvbnchj View Post
That is completely normal for a aftermarket I take and totally safe.
Sod off, bot.

Why is this thread still going? OP left.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #174
SupportGeek

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post
He's said multiple times he CAN afford an SS.
While he has said that, his other statements and reasoning doesn't really support it.
Hes not being honest then since he has made it VERY clear one of his main reasons for downgrading are the money he will save.
He probably CAN afford it, at the expense of making his financial situation much more uncomfortable or stressed.

I CAN afford a Stingray, but I would simply not be comfortable with the amount of money free and clearafter taking care of my other monthly commitments.
SupportGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:56 AM   #175
Mluisi

Drives: Red-Hot
dont worry

you will be fine aftermarket parts are usually better for your engine just take your CAI for instance its like your car has a cold for the stock filter
Mluisi is offline   Reply With Quote