#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 02-13-2022, 11:24 PM   #155
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I actually called the dealership about this car maybe last week or the prior week. They at least told me it was spoken for and didn't try to gather all my personal information, in which I'm thankful for. Was the firmness as nightmarish as reviewers insist? I'm ok with my non-1LE version, although I was wincing with each bump I'd hit, not because I thought it would jar me, but because I didn't like subjecting the car to such a harsh surface. I'm sure glad I'm not going to daily this thing, even the non-1LE as I'd be nervous about taking it just about anywhere. With my SS Sedan, I'd occasionally take it to the grocery store. That duty has fallen squarely on the Leaf. The Camaro is strictly being used as therapy/pleasure for now.
Hey there! Yes I saw your posting last week or so, asking GearheadSS if it was spoken for! I remember thinking “wait no, that’s mine!” Haha.

About the ride stiffness: Objectively, I will say it’s as much as what everyone is saying, especially with the SC3R tires on. I was kindly given a ride in a ZLE by a local guy, but it had the PS4S on it which made things a wee bit more compliant.

I purposely said “as much” above, and not “as bad” because, ultimately, I honestly feel it’s totally dependent on what you want. If you’re looking for a no-compromise rollercoaster handling ride, then the ZLE is what you’ll want (need?). If there’s any hint that this may not be what you want, then I fully think you’ve made the right choice for you with the non-1LE ZL1

The overall trip ride was quite fine for me, but there were a few rough road spots where I thought to myself “holy crap!” Still, I was very impressed at how solid the car felt. No creaks anywhere, it was beautiful. I hope it remains creak-free for years to come! Although I’m not holding my breath for that, as cars usually develop a few after some time.

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:01 AM   #156
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Hey there! Yes I saw your posting last week or so, asking GearheadSS if it was spoken for! I remember thinking “wait no, that’s mine!” Haha.

About the ride stiffness: Objectively, I will say it’s as much as what everyone is saying, especially with the SC3R tires on. I was kindly given a ride in a ZLE by a local guy, but it had the PS4S on it which made things a wee bit more compliant.

I purposely said “as much” above, and not “as bad” because, ultimately, I honestly feel it’s totally dependent on what you want. If you’re looking for a no-compromise rollercoaster handling ride, then the ZLE is what you’ll want (need?). If there’s any hint that this may not be what you want, then I fully think you’ve made the right choice for you with the non-1LE ZL1

The overall trip ride was quite fine for me, but there were a few rough road spots where I thought to myself “holy crap!” Still, I was very impressed at how solid the car felt. No creaks anywhere, it was beautiful. I hope it remains creak-free for years to come! Although I’m not holding my breath for that, as cars usually develop a few after some time.

Geoff
Having just completed a 1700 mile round trip in my 22 ZLE - also bought from Jeff at Britain (great guy, great small town dealer where I’ve bought multiple cars & trucks from). Saw your car up there before you picked it up. Not to turn the Wild Cherry pic thread into a ride quality debate, but my main dislike of the ride on the street is over pavement mismatches that cause the rear to come off the ground based on how stiff the rear springs are and the rebound control in the rear shocks. The harshness over normal bumps and potholes was expected due to the solid mount rear cradle and shocks / struts.

If you want a suspension you can drink hot coffee from with the lid off and keep it off your shirt driving around, stick with the FE4 in the regular ZL1 / SS 1LE.

Anyways, Jofu enjoy your new beauty!
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #157
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Hello guys! I finally picked up my 2022 ZLE in Greenville, TX on Feb 10, and drove it 28 hours home, over 3 days, to the SF Bay Area! It was quite fun to get accustomed to the stiff ride, but I’m glad to say the seats kept things pretty comfortable for this 47-year-old back

Unfortunately I can’t say my pictures are as good as the ones from FollowMyLine, but here are a few. I was trying real hard to convey the look and feel of this color, but I now understand it’s actually really hard… It looks good no matter what, but it does really pop when under the sun

Geoff
Looks great Geoff! I'm glad your trip was a good one. Was the track armor easy to remove once you got home?

Thanks again!
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 07:35 AM   #158
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Having just completed a 1700 mile round trip in my 22 ZLE - also bought from Jeff at Britain (great guy, great small town dealer where I’ve bought multiple cars & trucks from). Saw your car up there before you picked it up.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #159
bitwise

Drives: 2020 2SS Conv, 2022 Cherry ZL1 Conv
Stating the obvious

bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #160
Jofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Looks great Geoff! I'm glad your trip was a good one. Was the track armor easy to remove once you got home?

Thanks again!
Hey Jeff! Actually the problem I had was to keep TrackArmour on the car While some pieces stuck to it totally fine, a few of them kept coming off and flapping against the body

I'll admit it was probably user error, but removing it was pretty painless and only had to remove a few tiny spots of glue residue with Goo Gone.

Geoff
Old 02-14-2022, 10:57 AM   #161
Jofu

Quote:
Having just completed a 1700 mile round trip in my 22 ZLE - also bought from Jeff at Britain (great guy, great small town dealer where I’ve bought multiple cars & trucks from). Saw your car up there before you picked it up. Not to turn the Wild Cherry pic thread into a ride quality debate, but my main dislike of the ride on the street is over pavement mismatches that cause the rear to come off the ground based on how stiff the rear springs are and the rebound control in the rear shocks. The harshness over normal bumps and potholes was expected due to the solid mount rear cradle and shocks / struts.

If you want a suspension you can drink hot coffee from with the lid off and keep it off your shirt driving around, stick with the FE4 in the regular ZL1 / SS 1LE.

All good points regarding the suspension. And yes! I will enjoy it responsibly (as much as humanly possible anyway haha).

Geoff
Old 02-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #162
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitwise View Post

Nice Chrysler ZL1
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #163
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Not to turn the Wild Cherry pic thread into a ride quality debate, but my main dislike of the ride on the street is over pavement mismatches that cause the rear to come off the ground based on how stiff the rear springs are and the rebound control in the rear shocks. The harshness over normal bumps and potholes was expected due to the solid mount rear cradle and shocks / struts.

Well sheesh, I guess if you're going to be like that, I guess I have no other choice but to.....

post more drone videos. Oh and for the record, those aren't my tire tracks. I absolutely love the lines of the Camaro. The overhead views really accentuate the curves and the carbon fiber hood.

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:34 PM   #164
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

I also screwed around with the exposure on the drone, but I probably should've left well enough alone as it looks like the music video from A-Ha
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #165
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
What make/model drone do you have? (I've always wanted one but think I won't use it enough to justify buying one)
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:48 AM   #166
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
What make/model drone do you have? (I've always wanted one but think I won't use it enough to justify buying one)

It's a DJI Mavic Air 2. I've seen them going for as low as $550. I purchased mine at closer to $1100 but it came with a bunch of extra things like propellers and extra batteries. From what I've read, this is the smallest DJI that you can buy that can sustain about 30 MPH winds. The video below, the wind was whipping around pretty good, but the drone stayed pretty steady. I live in a pretty flat area, but can still find some good areas to shoot. If you want one for the sake of traveling, I'd probably suggest something a bit smaller which will allow you to get through security faster.

Some of my favorite footage to shoot (other than the Camaro) is really nice neighborhoods. The beauty of using a drone is that the FAA controls the airspace, not the home owner. Now some areas, that's not necessarily the case such as sporting events or concerts, where they block off access.

(Oh and at the 1:55 mark of this video below, the house to the right with the full-sized basketball court and the nice swimming pool, I was just curious and sure enough a plastic surgeon lives there).

Attached Images

Old 02-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #167
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
that's a big ass house.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:41 PM   #168
Jofu

More pictures of my new car, from a ride through Mt Hamilton (inland, east of San Jose). I usually ride up there by bicycle on the weekends, but I decided to use 4 wheels this time, for a change

Geoff