Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-31-2022, 10:16 AM   #155
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Oh no let me trade in my EV right now......

The ICE lobbyists have now convinced me EV's suck because a general issue in LA has now proved EV's are impractical.....
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 12:41 AM   #156
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Do any of the EV crowd here know what caused some of the public fast chargers to not work in the cold? I could speculate maybe their cables or pumps froze. They should have anti-freeze. But I don't care just enough to seek out what really happened.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 07:46 AM   #157
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
Do any of the EV crowd here know what caused some of the public fast chargers to not work in the cold? I could speculate maybe their cables or pumps froze. They should have anti-freeze. But I don't care just enough to seek out what really happened.
Crappy equipment. Electrify America has known reliability issues.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 10:36 PM   #158
1fastz28

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Crappy equipment. Electrify America has known reliability issues.
It seems like they are pouring money into building these charging stations, but not enough money maintaining/servicing them, that needs to be addressed ASAP.
1fastz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:56 AM   #159
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastz28 View Post
It seems like they are pouring money into building these charging stations, but not enough money maintaining/servicing them, that needs to be addressed ASAP.
Build hybrids. They don't need charging stations. Problem solved.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:18 PM   #160
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Build hybrids. They don't need charging stations. Problem solved.
Except that they still have carbon and particulate emissions which is the real problem that automakers are trying to solve.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 12:36 PM   #161
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Here's something for EV users to be aware of looking for somewhere to charge. Coming to a town near you!...lol...Isn't all this new infrastructure spending just great?...lol
Heated sidewalks should help keep the homeless warm too... https://news.yahoo.com/19-5m-earmark...080700296.html
Old 01-04-2023, 01:04 PM   #162
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Would people actually want a hybrid Camaro? There were threads about GM surveying for it Have minds changed? I could see a 6.2at trim with a +hp hybrid going over. Maybe, maybe not.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:14 PM   #163
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Except that they still have carbon and particulate emissions which is the real problem that automakers are trying to solve.
I'm not sure I buy this honestly. Zero emissions may be the front end marketing push for the media and thus the unwashed masses, but if anyone knows, it's the automakers that EVs are a base hit at best in terms of emissions reduction and not a homerun if you factor in the entire picture and not just tailpipe.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:45 PM   #164
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Yeah right. How much carbon is emitted during construction of these charging stations? No need perpetuating the charade. It's all about max profit with the automakers just like its always been. Almost as bad as when a company refers to its employees as "family". If they can save the company a nickel by eliminating your position they will. It's currently chic for big companies to throw out the "Zero Emissions" buzzword(s) in an attempt to make people believe they care. It's both humorous and pathetic at the same time.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:35 PM   #165
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Yeah right. How much carbon is emitted during construction of these charging stations? No need perpetuating the charade. It's all about max profit with the automakers just like its always been. Almost as bad as when a company refers to its employees as "family". If they can save the company a nickel by eliminating your position they will. It's currently chic for big companies to throw out the "Zero Emissions" buzzword(s) in an attempt to make people believe they care. It's both humorous and pathetic at the same time.
I agree. Automakers are in business to make money, period. If they stray too far from that their shareholders (me among them) will revolt.

Hybrids make sense, harvesting what would be wasted energy is efficient, assuming the savings outweighs what goes into adding hybrid capacity.

EV's on the other hand do not make sense and won't for the foreseeable future.

The linked video said it pretty well. EVs are nowhere near zero emissions and when evaluated correctly are probably worse for the environment than most current ICE vehicles.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 03:55 PM   #166
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
As I type this I am at the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. A lot of auto industry stuff. A lot of non-auto stuff. One common component. Every single press conference I’ve attended so far has begun with the speakers discussing what their companies are doing to impact climate change. What’s the point? The point is every single one of us on this forum can have our own opinions about the legitimacy of climate change. But the companies that are innovating and producing product… from microchips to Mercury Marine’s newly introduced electric outboard motor to John Deere’s self driving combine…are talking first about what they’re doing to reduce their carbon footprint, then about how their business is performing. So whether each of us believes or not that there is climate change, major companies and the companies that supply them and the companies that supply those suppliers all believe that climate change is a thing and that they need to do their part in dealing with it

So yes, there may be carbon emissions in building each charging station. And there are carbon emissions in building each electric vehicle. There are also carbon emissions in building each ICE vehicle. The difference is, once all those things are built, the carbon impact for each of those things is over…banked. With an ICE vehicle you get an additional carbon impact every time you turn the key.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 01-04-2023, 04:32 PM   #167
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The point is that sweet ESG score money that's coming. That's it, well, other than regulations.
You are not wrong.

Old 01-04-2023, 06:19 PM   #168
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
...to Mercury Marine’s newly introduced electric outboard motor ...
Maybe not the worst idea ever, but close.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote