Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #141
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Lund and LMR both needed mods and better DA and now some guy with worse DA did the same thing stock?

What? This very thread is about a stock SS putting up an 11.84 in positive DA....better than any other SS ran in negative DA.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #142
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
When the 2016 camaro came out, hot rod magazine rented a private track and tested both auto and manual bone stock to see what they would run. They also had jeff lutz behind the wheel of both who is a one of the best drag racers around who drives a 3,000 hp plus car basicly for a living. I feel like he’s a little more qualified then the ford driver. Also i bet there prep was alot better since it was hot rod magazine and they were having Jeff Lutz come out, they probally spent a good hour to get the prep just right for him. Just saying. Stock SS numbers with Lutz behind the wheel are below along with the video.

https://youtu.be/66kcZYTncMg
That was in Arizona in very positive DA. Why don't They get the Camaro and mustang on the same track on the same day, stock for stock and see what happens. That's the only way to stop all this internet racing
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #143
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
With me it wasn't the lane. It was mainly in my head. Once you're out of your comfort zone you WILL see a difference. One night in particular, I actually did better in the lane that I did not like. But I still went back to the lane I preferred when I had the chance. And it also depends on the night. Some nights I preferred the left, other nights I preferred the right. And across the country and at different times of the year sure you can have a great difference in track times. But they aren't far off enough in DA for us to be seeing this much of a variance.
True while the DA might not be far of, the track prep/surface could be vastly different. Like I mentioned earlier Route 66 Raceway is like glue, had I ran there when I ran my best pass probably would have knocked another 2-3 tenths off just from dead hooking lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #144
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
What? This very thread is about a stock SS putting up an 11.84 in positive DA....better than any other SS ran in negative DA.
Yeah, fractions of a tenth not 4! sigh......
Old 12-14-2017, 11:22 AM   #145
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
I said I can do whatever I want. How you interpret that is up to you. And that's a pretty ridiculous argument...that I refuse to recognize something that may contradict my blah blah blah. You haven't presented anything to legitimately contradict yada yada (I don't feel like typing all that nonsense). You're just repeating what you see everyone else writing that you think it can differ that wildly. No. It can't. Not by that large of a degree and not when DRs are on the much slower car.

Common sense tells me that something is off with the huge variances we're seeing in these cars. From the short samples we've had so far they are all over the place...and one snapped the driveshaft, lol!! Lund and LMR both needed mods and better DA and now some guy with worse DA did the same thing stock?
I know it can differ that wildly because I've seen these things happen with my own eyes, both racing cars and crewing a top alcohol team that campaigned in NHRA series races.

You can have the exact same car, on the same day, on the same track, in the same DA run wildly different times due to something as little as having one tire warmer than the other due to sitting in the sun on one side. You can have runs differ in the same DA if they've put down a fresh coat of VHT that was cut slightly differently before spraying and having the wind shift from one direction to another and increase by a few MPH and switching from left lane to right lane.

The fact that one car had DR's means little beyond the runs for that car, on that day, on that track. How old were the DR's? how much life was left on them? Had they been broken in? What was the track condition of the run on DR's?

My point is that in drag racing there are a great, great deal many more factors at play than simply location and DA.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #146
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
If any new mustang driver is smart, he is going to want to roll race. The mph these cars pull cant be ignored. Tells me there's nobody home down low but once the heavy car gets going and is up in its power band, the car moves out well. From a dig with equal traction, the new mustang will get out 60ft 99 out of 100 times and that's why the Camaro seems to have just a slight edge in the quarter mile. That tenth to tenth and a half better 60ft means the mustang has to make up 3 tenths up top and it just cant do it. that's why I think we've seen so many 12.1,12.2,12.0 almost always at 117-119mph. I ran 12.22@115.97 in 85 degree south Georgia weather. I don't see this stang being able to do that is equal DA. They are being smart and trying to hit the best DA possible for marketing reasons but private owners are going to be upset when the track isn't rented and they cant put down any VHT to make the stock tires hook, and the DA isn't -1500, and they keep clicking off low to mid 12's with horrible 60ft's.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #147
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
They are being smart and trying to hit the best DA possible for marketing reasons but private owners are going to be upset when the track isn't rented and they cant put down any VHT to make the stock tires hook, and the DA isn't -1500, and they keep clicking off low to mid 12's with horrible 60ft's.
Any proper track puts down VHT on a friday night/weekend series. You don't need to have a rented track to have VHT.

My local track sprays VHT 3-4 times a night on Friday night series and 5-6 times for weekend ET series.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:34 AM   #148
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
Drag mode is more relevant to a stock tune car once you tune the LMR 300A package GT the advantage disappear anyway. So a tune 300A equal Tune order package GT.
I don't know what any of that means. I don't speak Mustang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
FOUR tenths bro. Not 0.05 difference that got the SS into the 11.8s vs another one's 11.9s. FOUR tenths...and the DA was not that far off. And the car that was slower had DRs...not two totally stock cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
True while the DA might not be far of, the track prep/surface could be vastly different. Like I mentioned earlier Route 66 Raceway is like glue, had I ran there when I ran my best pass probably would have knocked another 2-3 tenths off just from dead hooking lol
Track prep can't count for 4 tenths tho. Over the course of weeks there was different conditions and different track prep and I still was within 2 tenths. The runs where I was off my game were all driver error. And those runs were the exception since it would usually be 1 or 2 bad runs out of 6 total or 1 out of 4. Even when I took my GTs to the track I was always consistent from week to week.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #149
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I know it can differ that wildly because I've seen these things happen with my own eyes, both racing cars and crewing a top alcohol team that campaigned in NHRA series races.

You can have the exact same car, on the same day, on the same track, in the same DA run wildly different times due to something as little as having one tire warmer than the other due to sitting in the sun on one side. You can have runs differ in the same DA if they've put down a fresh coat of VHT that was cut slightly differently before spraying and having the wind shift from one direction to another and increase by a few MPH and switching from left lane to right lane.

The fact that one car had DR's means little beyond the runs for that car, on that day, on that track. How old were the DR's? how much life was left on them? Had they been broken in? What was the track condition of the run on DR's?

My point is that in drag racing there are a great, great deal many more factors at play than simply location and DA.
When the car itself is on the pro level and running in the 9s, 8s, 7s, and faster then yea prep can make a world of a difference. But not with a bone stock auto equipped GT in the low 12 sec range. On that level a difference of 4 tenths is driver error (horrible driver error) or mods. 4 tenths is a huge difference in drag racing. It puts it out of a the range of a driver's race. If someone runs their best at 4 tenths slower than my average, then the only way they could beat me is not only if I screw up but if I screw up enough that I can't salvage the run and catch them.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #150
shaffe

Quote:
I don't know what any of that means. I don't speak Mustang.

FOUR tenths bro. Not 0.05 difference that got the SS into the 11.8s vs another one's 11.9s. FOUR tenths...and the DA was not that far off. And the car that was slower had DRs...not two totally stock cars.

Track prep can't count for 4 tenths tho. Over the course of weeks there was different conditions and different track prep and I still was within 2 tenths. The runs where I was off my game were all driver error. And those runs were the exception since it would usually be 1 or 2 bad runs out of 6 total or 1 out of 4. Even when I took my GTs to the track I was always consistent from week to week.
Track prep sure as hell can count for 4 tenths. I couldn't get my car to hook at Cordova and I was in the 14s(Yes I know my mustang was slow haha). my 60 times were in the 2.2 to 2.4 range. Prep was awful. Lot of people complaining that night about the prep and track conditions. Two weeks later at GLD and I was consistent 13.50 to 13.60s.

Then in mine shaft air at GLD I ran a 13.36 at a whopping 103 MPH
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 12-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #151
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Pro-level. I said that many times before. I'm not gonna sit here and write it out every time. They did a 12 flat bone stock when other pro-level drivers did a 12.2 on DRs. In fact, only one other person, who happens to be a pro, managed to do better in an allegedly bone stock GT. I think that would be a testament to some higher level of skill.

I can do whatever I want.

I've never seen someone with 2 Camaros agree soo heavily on the Mustang side. You have not once agreed with anything any of us have said at all. Yet you act like a cheerleader everytime someone says something in favor of the Mustang that you think is correct no matter how retarded it sounds. M6Gers have been known to come over here, list some random Camaro in their sig, claim they're new here, and then come directly to this section and directly to this post, and begin talking down on the Camaro and talking up the GT. So you're looking a bit suspect too!! Are you running back there copying and pasting our posts? Tell your friends we said hi...and that all the hero runs in the world won't help them when they go to the track and can't break low 12s, lol!!
Lol landon from LMR is not a pro nor a pro level drag racer hahah! He simply makes videos on mustang upgrades in a closed studio, thats all. He had 5 total passes on two different days with the the 18 gt. FIVE! So hes a pro now?? He doesnt even own a mustang and go drag racing on the weekends, he doesnt drag race at all except for those five passes lol. And a stock car did break 12’s last night, it ran an 11.89. And dont bring out the closed track good prep pro driver excuse, because Jeff Lutz took a 16 SS camaro a8 and only mustered a 12.21 pass. And oh he made 50 miles worth of passes that were in the 1/4 mile, thats a ton of passes, you do the math blaqwhole! And im arguing the mustang because no matter what the mustang runs in a pass, there is ALWAYS an excuse form this side. But when a camaro run’s you guys dont talk about the same conditions you do for the mustang. Im just trying to be unbiased, somethin you cant do. You always have an excuse and when your out of those you just call bullshit. Thats smart
2Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #152
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Track prep sure as hell can count for 4 tenths. I couldn't get my car to hook at Cordova and I was in the 14s(Yes I know my mustang was slow haha). my 60 times were in the 2.2 to 2.4 range. Prep was awful. Lot of people complaining that night about the prep and track conditions. Two weeks later at GLD and I was consistent 13.50 to 13.60s.

Then in mine shaft air at GLD I ran a 13.36 at a whopping 103 MPH
That is an extreme situation where everyone saw that the prep was horrible. That is not the case with these GT runs that we have seen on rented tracks. If LMR or Lethal came out and said "hey, we had horrible track prep and couldn't hook" then that is one thing. If the videos we have seen showed that track prep was an issue then I could understand. But in these cases it was not a factor. Or not enough of a factor that can be attributed to a difference of 4 tenths.

BTW way one of my GTs was in the low 14s as well. I did 14.1-14.3 the entire night, lol! It was a fun night tho.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #153
shaffe

Quote:
That is an extreme situation where everyone saw that the prep was horrible. That is not the case with these GT runs that we have seen on rented tracks. If LMR or Lethal came out and said "hey, we had horrible track prep and couldn't hook" then that is one thing. If the videos we have seen showed that track prep was an issue then I could understand. But in these cases it was not a factor. Or not enough of a factor that can be attributed to a difference of 4 tenths.

BTW way one of my GTs was in the low 14s as well. I did 14.1-14.3 the entire night, lol! It was a fun night tho.
All I was saying is track prep can make a big difference is all. Maybe not to the extreme I noticed in my example but it can make a difference.

And they made sure to get it sorted out before our Pro class guys ran eliminations, but they didn't care about us street class guys lol

Yep I know my mustang wasn't the fastest but always had fun at the track!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #154
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Lol landon from LMR is not a pro nor a pro level drag racer hahah! He simply makes videos on mustang upgrades in a closed studio, thats all. He had 5 total passes on two different days with the the 18 gt. FIVE! So hes a pro now?? He doesnt even own a mustang and go drag racing on the weekends, he doesnt drag race at all except for those five passes lol. And a stock car did break 12’s last night, it ran an 11.89. And dont bring out the closed track good prep pro driver excuse, because Jeff Lutz took a 16 SS camaro a8 and only mustered a 12.21 pass. And oh he made 50 miles worth of passes that were in the 1/4 mile, thats a ton of passes, you do the math blaqwhole! And im arguing the mustang because no matter what the mustang runs in a pass, there is ALWAYS an excuse form this side. But when a camaro run’s you guys dont talk about the same conditions you do for the mustang. Im just trying to be unbiased, somethin you cant do. You always have an excuse and when your out of those you just call bullshit. Thats smart
You sure know a hell of a lot about this guy to be a Camaro owner, lol!! And again, cheerleading on the Mustang's side. BTW, what do you run in your Camaros? You wouldn't happen to have some time slips you could post up would you? Or maybe some pics of these Camaros you allegedly own?
Quote:
And im arguing the mustang because no matter what the mustang runs in a pass, there is ALWAYS an excuse form this side. But when a camaro run’s you guys dont talk about the same conditions you do for the mustang. Im just trying to be unbiased, somethin you cant do. You always have an excuse and when your out of those you just call bullshit. Thats smart
Well maybe you're on the wrong forum then. Why do you care if we here, on a Camaro forum, don't care for the Mustang? If you love them that much despite owning 2 Camaros then maybe you should be over there with them. And maybe you should actually own a Mustang. And see, I can be biased here because this is a Camaro forum. And I sway towards the Camaro side.