Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #141
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
Exactly, not every SS M6 Camaro has a problem with the clutch system.

I purchased my 1LE knowing GMs hydraulic clutch system has been crap since 1998. Guess what? I AutoX my car, already knew that when the factory system starts to crap out, like they all do after beating on it for a little while, I will just replace the crap with upgraded stuff.

My Trans am that had seen lots of track time drag racing went thru three clutches and three rear ends in a year. I just did some simple research, figured out what weak parts were causing the issues and replaced them with better stuff. Problems solved. No way in hell was I gonna 1. Expect GM to give me free stuff because of abuse I did to the car. Or 2. Let them put the same weak ass parts back on the car again just to fail me later.

What's even amuses me more about this thread is that you don't see the forum cluttered with threads titled "I snapped an axle at the drag strip and GM wont give me a free one, GM's customer service is BS...." How come the drag racers get how this stuff works and so many others dont? Mind boggling...
ok ill be frank with you; when my ****ing car that I never tracked with 1200miles started to grind in 3rd gear out of a clear blue sky I thought it was just my transmission but when I started to dig deeper and started to read threads on MULTIPLE FORUMS about this shitbox tremec6060 it leads me to believe something is very wrong with it. no one ever said it was every single fecken manual ss read the thread
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #142
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
What would our thoughts be if the brakes... Rotors, pads, and calipers (consumables of the system) were working correctly but the hydraulic system of actuating it wasn't? The brake pedal just goes to the floor... Would you find it absurd if it wasn't fixed on warranty? I'm asking because that system DOES work under the same kind of abuse, in fact we've seen pictures of people's calipers half melted off the car and that hydraulic system still functions correctly. The clutch hydraulics shouldn't be any different!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #143
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
You think this thread is hot?...

... just wait till the presidential election season comes.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #144
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
What would our thoughts be if the brakes... Rotors, pads, and calipers (consumables of the system) were working correctly but the hydraulic system of actuating it wasn't? The brake pedal just goes to the floor... Would you find it absurd if it wasn't fixed on warranty? I'm asking because that system DOES work under the same kind of abuse, in fact we've seen pictures of people's calipers half melted off the car and that hydraulic system still functions correctly. The clutch hydraulics shouldn't be any different!
These are a couple of polls that I found from years ago:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=clutch+poll

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=clutch+poll

I think if there would be another one, it would have to be separate from this thread and posted in the General Forums. This has been an issue since the beginning, but it appears that it's not widespread because there would be a hell of a lot more polls and a lot more threads complaining about the manual transmissions.

It would be interesting if a new poll was started and to see what kind of results could be garnered from it, but the poll should include what year the model is from.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #145
ForcFed93

Drives: 2001 2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_SS/RS View Post
You think someone that tracks their car so hard that their brake calipers get to the point of physically melting, that they should be covered under warranty?

Again, what is it with people that think GM should pay to cover the detriments of their fun on a track?

You realize GM (and any other car company really) would go bankrupt and/or have to price vehicles above what normal people would be able to pay for them if that were the case, right?

Oh, and while I realize there've been a few isolated cases of this happening (let's be honest here, even a few hundred loud complaints on this forum is no more than a tiny drop in the bucket when you consider the hundreds of thousands of cars produced and sold) but saying GM should be on the hook for abuse is ridiculous.

To the other guy that had issues at 1200 miles with no track use, I agree and fully believe your car should be fixed free of charge under warranty. That's why the warranty is there.

The warranty is not there to fix problems that manifested after 75 laps around Laguna seca.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:41 PM   #146
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
Not for nothing, but if it was a clutch or clutch operating mechanism, your trans would grind every gear, since it applies/releases exactly the same no matter how fast or what gear you are in. I would guess you either have a worn synchro, which may or may not be a warranty concern ( i would lean more towards warranty), or a bent shift fork from trying to shove the shifter through the firewall on the 2-3 shift, which is not warranty. The only way to find out is a trans teardown. Usually dealerships will tell you if we pull it apart and its not due to abuse, so be it. But if we find a customer induced reason for failure, it may cost $blah blah. If you accept this cost, we will tear it down and see whats up
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #147
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
ok ill be frank with you; when my ****ing car that I never tracked with 1200miles started to grind in 3rd gear out of a clear blue sky I thought it was just my transmission but when I started to dig deeper and started to read threads on MULTIPLE FORUMS about this shitbox tremec6060 it leads me to believe something is very wrong with it. no one ever said it was every single fecken manual ss read the thread
Wow, that's special...

If you never tracked the car, and had a problem at 1200 miles, what is causing the issue? Do you know exactly? A weak slave or master can cause gear grinding.

Did you happen to take your "never tracked" car to a gm service provider and have it checked out? And if so, did they deny the warranty?

If they fixed it, I dont really see your problem here. Other than your just pissed because you happened to get a car with an issue and some others didnt.

None of my posts here have said the clutch system is perfect. Nor did I state that GM shouldn't warranty a car that's not tracked.

Maybe you should read more of this thread, seeing that I never suggested anyone said "every M6 SS has this problem", just commented on a question someone else asked.

To be honest, the hydraulic system in these cars is just effective enough for A to B driving. Some fail under normal driving, but how many of these cars have been built? Quite a few, obviously the fail rate isn't high enough to change the design. Think about it, if car makers redesigned everything that ever failed, every car would be perfect by now.

The transmission in our cars are far from being a "shitbox". That's just nuts to think that....

Also, does this mean I can call you "Frank" now?
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #148
White_SS/RS

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
You think someone that tracks their car so hard that their brake calipers get to the point of physically melting, that they should be covered under warranty?

Again, what is it with people that think GM should pay to cover the detriments of their fun on a track?

You realize GM (and any other car company really) would go bankrupt and/or have to price vehicles above what normal people would be able to pay for them if that were the case, right?

Oh, and while I realize there've been a few isolated cases of this happening (let's be honest here, even a few hundred loud complaints on this forum is no more than a tiny drop in the bucket when you consider the hundreds of thousands of cars produced and sold) but saying GM should be on the hook for abuse is ridiculous.

To the other guy that had issues at 1200 miles with no track use, I agree and fully believe your car should be fixed free of charge under warranty. That's why the warranty is there.

The warranty is not there to fix problems that manifested after 75 laps around Laguna seca.
Calipers physically melting was literally the thickest sarcasm I could find. Point is that the hydraulic system in the brakes works fine under the most grueling use. The clutch hydraulics don't!

I agree with your statement that we're just drops in a bucket and this is why I beleve GM is unwilling to to rectify a known issue for the last 18 years. They've chosen to go the warranty route on those drops in the bucket. Maybe they see a cost advantage fixing the few instread of redesigning the system... All speculation of course but illustrates the point.

The guy with no track time, having he same issue as the guy who does track,.. what difference does it make? It's the same problem. The fact that the clutch problem does happen on street driven cars only makes it that much more legit, and it should be warrantied.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #149
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
Wow, that's special...

If you never tracked the car, and had a problem at 1200 miles, what is causing the issue? Do you know exactly? A weak slave or master can cause gear grinding.

Did you happen to take your "never tracked" car to a gm service provider and have it checked out? And if so, did they deny the warranty?

If they fixed it, I dont really see your problem here. Other than your just pissed because you happened to get a car with an issue and some others didnt.

None of my posts here have said the clutch system is perfect. Nor did I state that GM shouldn't warranty a car that's not tracked.

Maybe you should read more of this thread, seeing that I never suggested anyone said "every M6 SS has this problem", just commented on a question someone else asked.

To be honest, the hydraulic system in these cars is just effective enough for A to B driving. Some fail under normal driving, but how many of these cars have been built? Quite a few, obviously the fail rate isn't high enough to change the design. Think about it, if car makers redesigned everything that ever failed, every car would be perfect by now.

The transmission in our cars are far from being a "shitbox". That's just nuts to think that....

Also, does this mean I can call you "Frank" now?
what a condescending and immature post GM fanboys get like that when their GM gets shitted on tsk tsk
Old 01-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #150
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
god forbid someone unhappy speak badly about holy GM the fanboys at full attack!!
I am the last thing from a GM fanboy. BMW fanboy, sure, but GM has been the butt of more of my jokes than I can count. We are being told that this is a design issue. If that were truly the case, then all cars would be seeing grinding issues in all gears, all gears the time. They are not. This clearly indicates that the problem is with tolerances, suppliers, or user error. NOT design. If we're going to accusatory, let's be somewhat intelligent in our argument.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #151
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I am the last thing from a GM fanboy. BMW fanboy, sure, but GM has been the butt of more of my jokes than I can count. We are being told that this is a design issue. If that were truly the case, then all cars would be seeing grinding issues in all gears, all gears the time. They are not. This clearly indicates that the problem is with tolerances, suppliers, or user error. NOT design. If we're going to accusatory, let's be somewhat intelligent in our argument.
aww Billy that post wasnt aimed at you taking my car to Curry on monday lets see what they say
Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #152
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
The older people and the kids......they love our 1LE

Old 01-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #153
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
shouldn't have to worry about rubber on a "track car" please watch the video in #63. Also, once again, this is a 6 month old car that has been to the track THREE TIMES. I do not expect wear issues other than tires in that time frame. If I FK up and break it, so be it, I will fix it, I do however expect SOME support on a car advertised as "track ready"
Yes, you are right, you should not have to worry about burn't rubber on a "track" car but with GM you do. You should know when you take your car in for warranty work, as i know from previous experience, that GM will use every excuse they can possibly find and use it against you so they don't have to do the work.

Yes it sucks and you tracking your car is probably not even the reason you are getting the grind when you shift in high RPMs, but since they know you tracked your car they are going to use that against you to save them money.

Even if they do end up fixing the issue, won't they just use the same parts again therefore causing you to have the same problems over and over? just upgrade the clutch and drive the shit out it!!

and i did watch the video i see what you are saying..

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #154
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
Chrysler puts trail rated on their jeeps but will void your warranty in a heartbeat if they found you were heavy off-roading.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote