Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #141
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Well I just lurk on the Chive
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #142
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think some people are just over thinking it. If you like it then cool, maybe buy a shirt or a lanyard to show support for it and maybe meet a fellow chiver around town to strike up a conversation with.

If you really think about it its a lifestyle much like Camaro 5. Camaro 5 is just a forum with pictures of cars and information. BUT people (I included) buy gear with the Camaro 5 logo on it to show support outside the forum. The comment was made that its just a website with pictures...well then in a sense this site shouldn't make sense to you either. If you break both sites down to the basics they are pretty similar.

Chive On!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #143
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 View Post
I think some people are just over thinking it. If you like it then cool, maybe buy a shirt or a lanyard to show support for it and maybe meet a fellow chiver around town to strike up a conversation with.

If you really think about it its a lifestyle much like Camaro 5. Camaro 5 is just a forum with pictures of cars and information. BUT people (I included) buy gear with the Camaro 5 logo on it to show support outside the forum. The comment was made that its just a website with pictures...well then in a sense this site shouldn't make sense to you either. If you break both sites down to the basics they are pretty similar.

Chive On!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #144
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
This on my lock screen for my iPhone:

And this is my home screen:

Chive on!
Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #145
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The stuff on ebay is often times not authentic. So, really, you're contributing to someone's greedy wallet that "made" the stuff using a site like zazzle or cafepress for a fraction of what they're charging you...
Oh no my friend.

I make sure its the auctions that have legit pictures of the item not the stock ones.

As a chiver I am sure you can pick out the fakes as well.
Chive Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #146
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
The day we picked her up!
Attached Images

-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #147
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
On a getting a "Chive On" note...

...two weeks ago I was at the Grand Prix of Baltimore and got 7x "Chive On's" from people from wearing my Chive shirt
Chive Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #148
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Yup, kind of like buying a Camaro and joining Camaro5
Right...I bought a Camaro not because I liked the car, but so I could come on here and join a "lifestlye".

When 99% of people see that phrase on your shirts/cars etc, they see a guy who is obsessed with a website full of "hot chicks" - and just has to tell everyone about it. Whatever the site means to you, that is what the perception is. (Girls really love that.)

Last edited by mako22; 09-09-2013 at 11:00 PM.
mako22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #149
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Right...I bought a Camaro not because I liked the car, but so I could come on here and join a "lifestlye".

When 99% of people see that phrase on your shirts/cars etc, they see a guy who is obsessed with a website full of "hot chicks" - and just has to tell everyone about it. Whatever the site means to you, that is what the perception is. (Girls really love that.)
and now you're giving us advice on girls? man youre just full of super useful information! keep it coming, please!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #150
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
Quote:

Funny thing is i get more girls that like the shirt or sticker than guys...

And the free beers and starbucks and whatever else fellow chivers/chivettes hook me up with, is just icing on the cake...

Some people like it, some dont....no need to judge or hate...no one is asking you to understand or be part of it...you dont have to put people down or talk crap to them just because you dont like the same things they do...it doesnt talk highly of your character or make you any better when you do...
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #151
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:

You realize that anything anyone does, any and every choice a person makes, can be picked apart and questioned. But what's the point?

Are you just trying to make yourself feel better by picking theChive apart because you don't understand it? Is that not the definition of closed-minded?

Live and let live, man.

You obviously don't "get" it so what could you possibly hope to gain by insulting an entire group of people in a thread that is so obviously not intended for you?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #152
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
You realize that anything anyone does, any and every choice a person makes, can be picked apart and questioned. But what's the point?

Are you just trying to make yourself feel better by picking theChive apart because you don't understand it? Is that not the definition of closed-minded?

Live and let live, man.

You obviously don't "get" it so what could you possibly hope to gain by insulting an entire group of people in a thread that is so obviously not intended for you?
some people just need their voice heard.

aaaaaanyway...im happy they finally got the App back to normal. i like that all the categories are back!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #153
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Glad I have an Android

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #154
SSMKNU2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Look what came in today. Sign goes great in my rec room.