Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #141
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce1066 View Post

I just got the call from GM. The dash will be covered even though I am out of my base warrenty. Thank you GM.
This is great news! We are glad that your dealership stepped up for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #142
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
is this just a problem for 2010 models. just curious is all
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #143
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardopk View Post
Traded my 2010 Camaro for a 2012 new Silverado 1500 yesterday
and I couldn't be more happy.
Interestingly enough, the trucks also have potential dash crack issues. My 2010 GMC is awaiting a new dash panel to come in under warranty right now. Don't know why it cracked, but they looked at it and like 5 minutes later they had the VIN and told me they'll call me when the new dash arrives and sent me on my way.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #144
Tami SS

Drives: 2009 Charger R/T
I am at 59,000 miles, 3 1/2 years old, the dealer told me $207 to replace my dash. Does anyone know how much the dash itself costs? I am thinking of adding a Hud, it maybe cheaper just to buy the dash...
Tami SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #145
somers17

Drives: 2010 5g LT
I was cleaning my car yesterday and noticed the crack in the same place. I was not a happy about this discovery, but it's good to know Chevrolet is willing to step up.
somers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #146
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
I've got 2 2010 camaro's and they both have that same exact crack in that same spot.
My wife's is out of warranty on the dash, but they are covering it under warranty because they said that dash should not crack like that.
After coming back from the dealer, i decided to check my car, and the same crack in the same spot is visible. 2 dashes in 1 week replaced.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #147
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
The dealer says the dash vinyl is intentionally thin (where the cracks appear) because that's the area from which the front airbag jettisons.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #148
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Drives: 2SS/RS Black w/ silver ice stripes
Well I stripped my car of the foot well lighting, phone mount and hard wiring, Aux jack and cup holder lights. I take it in today for the new dash. Thanks again to Linder Chevrolet in Canon city Co. Great group of guys.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #149
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Well i finally had a chance to take my car in to have them look at my dash, and well I'm here to tell ya guys, my dealership I have been trusting with my car for maintenance and where I bought it told me to take a hike on any sort of warranty work for the same exact crack y'all have. I am disgusted with all of this..less than 31,000 miles and 3 1/2 years old and they basically laughed at me and told me my warranty was up on it and how could I expect GM to cover it out of warranty..this is crap, it's obviously an issue with our 2010 Camaros for all of us to have the same exact looking crack in the same spot :/
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #150
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
This seems to be alot of 2010 owners problems are there any from 2011 ones or was there some kind of revision on the dash that fixed this issue?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #151
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Well i finally had a chance to take my car in to have them look at my dash, and well I'm here to tell ya guys, my dealership I have been trusting with my car for maintenance and where I bought it told me to take a hike on any sort of warranty work for the same exact crack y'all have. I am disgusted with all of this..less than 31,000 miles and 3 1/2 years old and they basically laughed at me and told me my warranty was up on it and how could I expect GM to cover it out of warranty..this is crap, it's obviously an issue with our 2010 Camaros for all of us to have the same exact looking crack in the same spot :/
You need to take it to an other dealer. This is a problem that GM knows about and is acknoledging it. Its simple leg work on the part of the dealer. Also, call Gm Customer service and start a claim.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #152
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
Your dealer is a piece of sht, to put it mildly.

Every dealer can help customers at their discretion beyond warranty when a customer needs and deserves help. I worked at a dealer for many years, we helped tons of customers who were just a bit out of warranty. One of my best friends here in MI is a Chevy dealer service mgr, he helps people all the time. It's called taking care of your customers, something your dealer seems to have forgot how to do.

Call the customer service number in the back of your owners manual. Or send a note to Brandon here from customer service. Sounds like it is out of warranty, but any good dealer would figure out a way to help you out in some way.

Ask that dillweed mouthbreather why he has a goodwill authorization code he can use on warranty claims that are a bit out of warranty? It's to fricken help customers that deserve some help. It's not like the repair cost is going to come out of his pockets, all he has to do is pretend he knows a little about customer service and push a couple of key strokes on the claim.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #153
BlackIce1066
Black Ice

WooHoo all is right in the world. I got my Camaro back and boy did I miss driving it.

Again, thanks to Linder Chevrolet and GM for taking care of this issue . Thank you Rob for your service and prompt responce to the issue .

Harlan. great tech at Linder. No issues on the drive home and no noise .

But really...........Country on the radio . LoL

My question to the GM rep that frequents the form. Being that the issue is an ongoing problem with these early 10's, will it be warrentied again if and when it cracks again?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #154
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce1066 View Post
WooHoo all is right in the world. I got my Camaro back and boy did I miss driving it.

Again, thanks to Linder Chevrolet and GM for taking care of this issue . Thank you Rob for your service and prompt responce to the issue .

Harlan. great tech at Linder. No issues on the drive home and no noise .

But really...........Country on the radio . LoL

My question to the GM rep that frequents the form. Being that the issue is an ongoing problem with these early 10's, will it be warrentied again if and when it cracks again?
If it truly is an issue with the early 2010's only, then you won't have an issue. If they have since fixed the dash covers to not crack anymore, once they replaced your dash they replaced it with a better one, not an old 2010 cover they have sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Also whats wrong with country? Better than some of the crap they have out these days