Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #141
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
I have read this whole thread and don't recall this being mentioned but if it has then my bad...... (I don't want to read through the whole thing again). If you have your keys in your pocket with car unlocked, hit the power button on your radio and it will play. I just did it, don't know if it has a shut off time or not though. I had my driver side door open and for the hell of it pressed the power button on the radio and it powered up and played (keys were not in the ignition, they were in my pocket)...
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #142
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
I could be wrong, so someone feel free to jump in here, but I think the doors lock after you go over a set speed (10 mph?), not necessarily a set distance...

Mine are set to lock whenever the car is not in "park".
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 AM   #143
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
This is a GREAT thread that will help everyone learn just a little bit more about their Camaro. Keep them coming in. Subscribed for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
FF- If you slightly tap down your left/right blinkers they will blink for about 3 seconds then turn off. That way if your just changing lanes you don't have to worry about turning the blinker off
Great tip, tried it this morning on the way into work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
With the A6 if you are in "Manual Mode" if you hold the upshift button (right) down for a few seconds it will go back to "Sport Mode".

Another GREAT tip, tried this on the way into work too. And since I use S Mode the entire time and paddle shift once in a while good to know that I don't have to shift back into D to go back into S mode.

· why are there so many cargo net hooks

When installed correctly it creates a holding area that can retain many items securely. I have a box that has cleaning supplies, towels, duster, etc. works great.

· Where’s the status lights for the rear sensors that was to be on the package shelf.

Cost savings.

· where's the foot well lighting

That is a DIY installed item.

· what happened to the filler panel from the top of carpet to the dash/heater vent area

Cost savings

· Never saw a latch and striker plate on doors in these locations.
Extra latch is to help during crash.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #144
Bryan

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
FF- If you slightly tap down your left/right blinkers they will blink for about 3 seconds then turn off. That way if your just changing lanes you don't have to worry about turning the blinker off
I can't believe how many other people are just finding this out. Don't you people ever use your blinkers? EVERY car does this! Well, maybe not some 20 year old cars.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #145
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
I recently learned that if you order one, time comes to a screaching halt.
And I thought waiting for next year to order mine was excrutiating enough...
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 AM   #146
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
After listening to the constant complaining about there being no dual climate control features on the Gen5, and having the bride constanting making comments about the air blowing on her legs and in her face while she's turning the tempature control up/warmer.......... while I'm sweating. I informed her she could simply close the passengers, side and center vent. :-)
Another option is to close the passenger door and keep her out of the car. Complainers...
OPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #147
Synergy_synner

Drives: Synergy Camaro
After the car is turned off and the radio does the 10 minute thing, if the passanger door is opened it will not shut off the radio like the driver door does.

Synergy_synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #148
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Interesting....
I bet the indexing takes a while that first time.

That's good to know when I get home at 3 in the morning and don't want to wake the apartment neighbors with the alarm honk.
You can configure it not to honk
Old 09-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #149
spyderwebb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A99
With my 2SS the brights will flash (like for highway passing) during the day, but will not remain on unless it is dark enough to activate the auto lights on.
spyderwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #150
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa T View Post
My 2011 does not have the little GM badge on the lower front quarter panel behind the front wheels? Is that the same for all 2011's?
This has less to do with year model and more to do with a policy adopted by GM during the financial meltdown. They decided to help bolster individual brand names and downplay "GM" by making the policy that those little badges will not be installed anymore..they are gone from all makes now
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #151
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
This has less to do with year model and more to do with a policy adopted by GM during the financial meltdown. They decided to help bolster individual brand names and downplay "GM" by making the policy that those little badges will not be installed anymore..they are gone from all makes now
Oooh... collectors items!!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #152
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Mine are set to lock whenever the car is not in "park".
Mine locks automatically when the car is put into reverse.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #153
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
I could be wrong, so someone feel free to jump in here, but I think the doors lock after you go over a set speed (10 mph?), not necessarily a set distance...

Oh, LOL then i must be getting up to 10mph within 50 feet of leaving my driveway or something?
Either way we know they automatically lock when moving at some point in time
Old 09-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #154
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
Funny the GTO had a ton of these "hidden" features, I don't see much for the Camaro. On the GTO we had.

AMP was adjustable and could be turned up to increase bass response, hidden behind the carpet in the trunk.

"secret" menu (really a diagnostic menu) if you held 2 bottons within seconds of turning on the car. Gave you any codes, fuel meter (GPH) RPM in digital display dwon to 25 rpm increments, and a few other things.

A shift light was installed in the dash that just needed a chip of some sort to activate

You could clear all radio settings and reset to original Blaupunk setting by holding certain buttons.

On my W40 package their was a 40th anniversary stamp or placard (i forget which) on the floorboard under the carpet below the from seats.

And there were other things that are slipping my mind right now.
I was hoping to hear some things not in the manual like all of these examples for the GTO, anyone have anything not in the book?