#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #127
BAAD LS2

Drives: TBSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Pretty sure I remember reading from that order guide a while back that the data recorder isn't even an option. It's standard.

Could be misremembering though.
Its definitely not going to be standard.
BAAD LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #128
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Yeah, for the performance you really can't beat it. We are talking about placing the top of the line engine from the corvette Z06 into the ZL1. The only thing I don't know is whether or not to get the PDR??
It really is personal preference because now that the ZO6 has been out for a while, you can get a 1LZ ZO6 7M for around $80K OTD. A new ZL1 does not come with much, if any, discounts and after sales tax, lic, reg, gas guzzler tax, and any other fees...your a little over $70K...if you add any options which most people grab something...you could be inching towards the $75K OTD territory. At this level of pricing, the difference between the two on a monthly payment is not that much. It is close enough that technically someone could reach for a ZO6 if they wanted to go in that direction.

For me, I have an older Corvette already...and with a little one on the way having the +2 seating could be helpful if I really needed it someday, so I chose the ZL1 direction.

For the PDR, it really depends if you track the car enough to get the money back from it. As a point of reference, on the ZO6 it is approximately an $1800 option. Not sure on the ZL1, since there are no option prices yet, but I would be shocked if it was drastically cheaper. I do track days on the average once per month and I don't think I can get value from it...I guess there is the cool value...I am not really into that. If you pull up to a car meet in a brand new ZL1, people will come and check it out whether you have a PDR or not...lol. For resale, they are not going to give you $1800 or more back if you have a PDR on your resale, you may get half the value. Plus, I don't want to buy options for the next owner, this is my car. My brother bought me a Go Pro a couple years back and I just use that. It is cool because unlike the PDR, I can transfer it from one vehicle to another without an issue. I have several cars that I use at the track as well as my superbikes, so it is convenient to be able to use it for anything/anywhere(not trying to sell it, just trying to help...lol). Bottom line is buy what makes you happy and fits your needs. Even if you never use it, if it makes you happy having it then I guess it is worth it
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #129
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
I heard McAutomatic is going to be good! McManual is a staple though.
The McAuto comes with McDisappointment Sauce. Mmmmmmm Good
omg...too funny...I am still laughing...probably all day for this one, thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Pretty sure I remember reading from that order guide a while back that the data recorder isn't even an option. It's standard.

Could be misremembering though.
I wish it was included on the ZL1...or maybe not, it would just increase the base price for something I don't really need...like the standard Recaros, instead of it being optional...

Even on the base ZO6 the PDR is not standard.
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #130
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Not interested in getting a Z28 regardless. Most people on this part of the forum are looking to buy a ZL1 and realistically there are more buyers than allocations it would seem so if we add to that the constraint issue the problem is exacerbated. I don't really care about having the car before anyone else because that is just a pipe dream. What I care about is having a practical system in place once orders are available. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors. It could be true that GM didn't foresee the A10 delay. If they did however I believe it was a poor decision to withhold that information which ultimately sets people up for disappointment.
If you want to discuss disappointment, those of us who ordered the (reborn) 5th Gens in October 2008, then went thru daily nail biting during the GM bankruptcy in early 2009 (snack dab in the first days of production of the 2010 model year), can chime in...

Trust me, you'll live...

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #131
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
I dunno about this?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Well, I did it...............After countless days mulling this over I walked into my dealership and ordered the 2017 Camaro ZL1 in hyper blue metallic with the 10-speed automatic and navigation. And Yes, they had an allocation available.

I sat with my dealer and went thru the GM Workbench order form and made sure that everything was checked according to what I want and made sure that its an SRE order.

I realize the automatic probably won't be available till January, I'm hoping sooner but you never know. I realize that this will be a JOURNEY. And my order will go thru when it goes thru, whenever that may be. I'm not really expecting to take delivery until spring sometime. But, again who knows......I'm really stoked but my emotions are tempered because its going to be a while before I see her..........

Some questions:

1. The black front splitter, does that come standard on the car or is it an accessory that you have to order? I'm hoping it comes as a standard..

2. The hood extractor does this come painted black as a standard or does it come body color? All the pictures I've seen its painted black with a optional carbon weave..............Again, I'm hoping this comes as a standard.

Some other observations looking at the 100 page order form that I downloaded from this site, no options for the interior (I will miss my white ceramic interior from my 2016 2LT) and no options for wheels. I do like the wheels that come stock on the car....

3 reasons I did this:

1. You only live once
2. I want this car and want to experience a super charged V8 and all of the performance stuff that comes along with it...
3. You only live once

GM is not taking orders on ZL1's yet. My brother works for Chevrolet. So, I'm curious how you sat down to order one. Secondly, the questions you ask to the Forum Members are the questions your "dealer" should have been posed with.

JerseyJeff
L36L72LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #132
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
OP admits that he mislead everyone with title. He has what everyone else here has had for months, a deposit and a general build sheet.

Op just a giddy Newb that thought he had something special, brainwashed by his salesman.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #133
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
Clickbate thread embellisher. Gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8 - needs more water.