Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #127
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm not going to argue with you wyd_tkrk. I don't understand why you keep bringing true dyno tunes into these "talks". I am not comparing Trifecta and IPF "email" order tunes to something done on the dyno.

As for gains with the IPF tune, I can produce for you three dyno sheets showing great gains for an LLT with an IPF tune. I'd love to see your take on those.

As for you and your LFX, you have more options and availability for a true dyno tune than we have with the LLT, so I don't see why you won't go and get one done?

Sorry. I won't stand by and watch you spout false information b/c of an agenda you have against IPF. If you have any issues with me, feel free to shoot a PM my way.
No argument intended here, as I just stated the facts and they are what they are. Sorry to those that do not understand tuning here, as I have been into it professionally for the past 15 years and we certainly do things allot differently, especially in the customer service end of things! If this offends you, it was not intentional, as I was just sharing helpful information with others that own LFX Camaro's, as we are not talking about the LLT V6 engine or the V'8s. Bottom line is anyone who installs these tunes for these companies, needs to monitor, not only for the correct installed tune, but to not neglect the customer and leave them hanging if there is a problem. End of Story!
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #128
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
What was Vince's answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I remember you saying your timing was a bit high. Did he make another adjustment? Another member a while back claimed that Vince leaned out his tune, which I would think could lessen the sooty tips. Did he do that for you?

I just had my car datalogged a month or so ago, and even with sooty tips, there were no changes to my tune.

My timing was to high. He backed off my WOT timing a few degrees. I will be keeping an eye on the soot situation. As far as I know I have not had anything leaned out.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #129
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
... Bottom line is anyone who installs these tunes for these companies, needs to monitor, not only for the correct installed tune, but to not neglect the customer and leave them hanging if there is a problem. End of Story!
Sounds good to me