Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #127
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 SIK SS View Post
Yeah w.e you say
Huh?

Quote:
And I'm guessing your SS is paid off right?
I never said it was. I also never said I was going to contemplate jumping into another car when mine wasn't paid off yet. As I said, I wasn't trying to be a d*ckhead. Your business is your business. I was just trying to understand the situation. Carry on...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #128
1 SIK SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Huh?

I never said it was. I also never said I was going to contemplate jumping into another car when mine wasn't paid off yet. As I said, I wasn't trying to be a d*ckhead. Your business is your business. I was just trying to understand the situation. Carry on...
Lol yeah I figured yours was not payed off also pfft
1 SIK SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #129
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Lol yeah I figured yours was not payed off also pfft
You're missing the point. I never questioned if your car was paid off. I personally don't care. I questioned why you would want to trade in a car that you're upside down in. Just take the extra $200.00/month (that you claim to have available) and apply it to your SS and pay it off earlier. You can then buy a ZL1 and have a good bit of equity in your trade. Having extra cash around is a good thing. Last year I put $10k down and paid off my Harley, this year I put down $15k and paid off my wife's new Grand Cherokee. I could've taken the $25k and went and bought something stupid that I didn't need, but I'd still have a motorcycle payment and a Jeep payment. Less payments are always a better option. I didn't mean to upset you man. It's your choice.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #130
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
My wife and I have a 2013 1SS 1LE.....it is not paid off! I just wanted to jump in with a statement that has as little to do with the original post as most of the comments!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #131
LS3 SSRS
Evl Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Gray
$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
^Question is how much you put into it.
I have about $15-16K if you include the exhaust, intake, supercharger, fuel/supercharger upgrades, dyno/tune twice, install etc!!!
LS3 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #132
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
An SS will reliably and without n2o or forced induction make what a stock zl1 does with about 4.5k worth of modifications. It will still be underbuilt in the rear end by comparison and underbuilt in suspension quite a bit. You will spend more than the difference to catch up everywhere the zl1 is ahead, but can ultimately end up substantially ahead of the zl1 in doing so.

With the ss you would have a better performing car that has value to you well above what others will value at it. With the zl1, you have a car that may not feel as impressive to drive, but will hold value for longer assuming miles remain within collectible range. Primary benefit of this is ease of sale or replacement under insurance.

Personally, the thought of driving 20k a year is hard enough with my 45th anniversary edition, much less a zl1. I would like a zl1, but it would be over 100k in five years. It doesn't seem practical to me when the increased cost of tires and other regular maintenance items are also considered.

But by comparison to other cars out there zl1s are not that high on the collectible list. If it's not production number one or something similarly desirable, it won't likely be a car that appreciates in it's life even if parked (considering inflation and cost to store and maintain). So maybe you can live with it. If you buy it, drive it! If you won't drive it, don't buy it!

Start with a 1le and it's a different ball game!

Last edited by TannerJPowell; 01-10-2014 at 12:26 AM.
TannerJPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #133
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Its a dead issue now. He was being kinda rude at people trying to give him advise. Based on the replies, I question the validity of his story. Not sure why but now his account is suspended.

Oh well, I wish him luck.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote