Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #127
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Yes, I am aware of all of that.

You make me laugh, you think you are smarter than us. If you were you wouldn't be selling cars.
Lol .. I am not a saleman...and lets not start this stuff. I make a above average living..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #128
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
Lol .. I am not a saleman...and lets not start this stuff. I make a above average living..
Why not tell us what dealership you work at...post a name? I bet you dont work at one and your just trying to stir up some responses. Either way you prove our point over and over.. Most Dealerships are scum...like the one you work for and you included... Stop hiding and post where your work and your name
Old 12-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #129
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Yes, I am aware of all of that.

You make me laugh, you think you are smarter than us. If you were you wouldn't be selling cars.
Very true!! Hes not a tech that had to learn the vehicle...hes a bottom feeder selling cars and feels good about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #130
The Baron

I can tell i hurt more than a few feelings.. I am a comptroller at a large GMC dealership in St louis. We are in the top three every month. And by you thinking the guy busting his ass selling cars is scum, that tells me all I need to know.. you guys have fun flameing..I said what I had to say..
Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #131
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Doesn't a cars value drop immensely once it's driven off the lot? So since it has 36 miles on it, shouldn't you get it at a used price and not a "new" price?

I took my Camaro awhile back to my local chevy dealership for an oil change and wrote down the mileage, I got the car back with 36 miles added to it and they didn't even re-fill the tank to try to hide that they took it out. I practically busted a nut and tweaked out on them. Never again will I go get any service done at dealerships, I know some people who work at them and most of them are dirt bags, kind of like "The Baron" on here.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #132
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
How many miles are driven on a new car? About 10 to 20 for testing and the dealer taking to get gas in it.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #133
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
Doesn't a cars value drop immensely once it's driven off the lot? So since it has 36 miles on it, shouldn't you get it at a used price and not a "new" price?

I took my Camaro awhile back to my local chevy dealership for an oil change and wrote down the mileage, I got the car back with 36 miles added to it and they didn't even re-fill the tank to try to hide that they took it out. I practically busted a nut and tweaked out on them. Never again will I go get any service done at dealerships, I know some people who work at them and most of them are dirt bags, kind of like "The Baron" on here.
I will always do all the work myself, I would never trust a dealer, the reason why is I worked for a Mopar dealer also a Chevy dealer and guys would always test drive the Hemi and other cars.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #134
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
lol you guys act like these things are made of glass...
Yes! Come on, 36 miles is no big deal, there is a warranty.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #135
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The lack of respect towards others (you know who you are) is over the top and very appalling.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #136
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
I'am sorry to say that there are NO good dealerships. They are ALL out to make money and that is the only reason they are there. Its not like the old days when they did it for the love of the cars. Dealerships suck! No on pays the same price for the same car. They will and do rip you off at every chance they get. If any dealership reads this and thinks there honest...your full of s@#t! When was the last time a senior..a woman..wasnt taken advantage of? When was the last time you sold a performance vehicle and "saved" it for the new owner? Dealerships suck plain and simple. GM should do a direct buy program and let the scum bag dealerships do warranty work and thats it. No one should take there vehicle to a dealership for repair work..only warranty work. This is my opinion and what I have seen go on at dealerships...
Yes, all dealers are out to make money! And so are you and I and all other people. If they are not then they should not be in business. Making money is what the dealer is for, not charity.
Unless you have used every dealer you can not say they all suck, if they do so bad you should just make your own car and not buy from them.

I also think you need to read the rules of this site, does not mater what a person does for a living, how do you know he is a salesman?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #137
elainehod

Drives: 2012 camaro zl1
Not the miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Yes! Come on, 36 miles is no big deal, there is a warranty.
It is not the miles that bothers me...I knew it had those miles when I bought the car, and did not complain about it then. I really thought nothing of it. It was finding out months later after it was ours how those miles were put on it, and by whom, and that this was not disclosed at the time of purchase, that I became concerned. I sought opinions and advice from people on this site, as I felt that people here had the love of this car in common with me. I did not mean to start people to begin fighting amongst themselves. Sorry about that.
elainehod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #138
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainehod View Post
It is not the miles that bothers me...I knew it had those miles when I bought the car, and did not complain about it then. I really thought nothing of it. It was finding out months later after it was ours how those miles were put on it, and by whom, and that this was not disclosed at the time of purchase, that I became concerned. I sought opinions and advice from people on this site, as I felt that people here had the love of this car in common with me. I did not mean to start people to begin fighting amongst themselves. Sorry about that.
Why do you think the car was not tested on the miles at the factory? My car had 19 on it.

Are you saying that the dealer said they drove it hard? If they did say that, then yes I would be upset.

Ok, now I see the Dealer drove the miles on it.

You do not need be sorry, the rules here are to not knock other members.

The ZL1 is a production car and at a reasonable price, but a dealer should not run the car hard new.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #139
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Why do you think the car was not tested on the miles at the factory? My car had 19 on it.

Are you saying that the dealer said they drove it hard? If they did say that, then yes I would be upset.

Ok, now I see the Dealer drove the miles on it.

You do not need be sorry, the rules here are to not knock other members.

The ZL1 is a production car and at a reasonable price, but a dealer should not run the car hard new.
Buried in all this, the real problem is a manager with poor judgement. That manager told the OP he took the car out and beat on it just for fun. Some things are better left unsaid. Boasting about it to the customer months after the purchase

Last edited by JusticePete; 12-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #140
The Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Buried in all this, the real problem is a manager with poor judgement. That manager told the OP he took th car out and beat on it just for fun. Some things are better left unsaid. Boasting about it to the customer months after the purchase
This.. absolutely stupid.