Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
'18 Camaro SS vs '18 Mustang GT magazine comparisons -- when will they be out?

As the title states, do we know when the road tests and comparison tests will be conducted. I'm interested to see the comparison tests.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
My best guess would be late fall when the Mustang is available. I too am eager to see the test results.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
There has not been a head to head yet with the6th gen GT and SS. The only reason I feel they haven't is the outcome would so lopsided and Ford would not allow it. Hopefully with the 18 refresh we will see one.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
There has not been a head to head yet with the6th gen GT and SS. The only reason I feel they haven't is the outcome would so lopsided and Ford would not allow it. Hopefully with the 18 refresh we will see one.
There has been plenty of comparison tests between the 6th gen Camaro SS and (pre- '18) Mustang GT.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...rd-mustang-gt/
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...rd-mustang-gt/

I'm anxious to see similar comparison tests with the '18 GT. I would also like to see instrumented tests on the optional handling package for the SS (not the 1LE package). The lowering kit + sway bar/link kit is now a factory option on the SS.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #6
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
It was disappointing that MT skipped the H2H between the SS and GTPP. A match up between the GT350TP and 1LE would have also been interesting.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:21 AM   #7
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
There has been plenty of comparison tests between the 6th gen Camaro SS and (pre- '18) Mustang GT.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...rd-mustang-gt/
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...rd-mustang-gt/

I'm anxious to see similar comparison tests with the '18 GT. I would also like to see instrumented tests on the optional handling package for the SS (not the 1LE package). The lowering kit + sway bar/link kit is now a factory option on the SS.
You missed my head to head. There has not been any track comparisons between the two 6th gen cars. They did a 5th gen H to H, but not a 6th.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:19 AM   #8
vtirocz

Quote:
You missed my head to head. There has not been any track comparisons between the two 6th gen cars. They did a 5th gen H to H, but not a 6th.
Gotcha! The MT comparison test was essentially a head2head with full instrumentation test, BUT did not have a test at a specific track that they ran both cars through at the same time. I agree, that would have been nice.

One thing to note though: In the '16 Camaro SS vs M4 Head2Head, they did mention the Mustang GT laptime at the same track they were testing at. Since it wasn't tested on the same day, same driver, it's a little less relevant though.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #9
Skerj

Drives: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Gotcha! The MT comparison test was essentially a head2head with full instrumentation test, BUT did not have a test at a specific track that they ran both cars through at the same time. I agree, that would have been nice.

One thing to note though: In the '16 Camaro SS vs M4 Head2Head, they did mention the Mustang GT laptime at the same track they were testing at. Since it wasn't tested on the same day, same driver, it's a little less relevant though.
Probably was the same driver, as Randy Pobst does most or even all of their official track times. Obviously different day though. The SS would have clobbered a regular or even PP GT, so they just went straight to the M4. They've (might have been a different magazine) done that before sort of as well. When the 5th gen came out they ran it against the Mustang and Challenger(RT or SRT8, don't recall...). When the 5.0 GT launched the following year, the Challenger wasn't included because aside from better ride and space, it was destroyed the previous year and the Mustang only got better.
Skerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #10
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
i dont care if the new mustang has more power or drives better,
because it looks not good..
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
My best guess would be late fall when the Mustang is available. I too am eager to see the test results.
Or even later. Usually cars get first tested by themselves, then a few months later get tossed into a comparison with something else.

So while there might be some comparo's this fall, I'd be expecting to find them pop up in the winter or even spring.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #12
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Ever heard of the Motor Trend H2H show?

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Ever heard of the Motor Trend H2H show?
Not everyone assumes that the term 'head to head' refers to the branded Head2Head YouTube show. Its a pretty standard generic term for any 1 on 1 comparison, and by not using capitalization or the number 2 like MT does ... it makes it that much more ambiguous.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:43 AM   #14
Camaro Maybe

Drives: BMW 7 Series, Camaro Maybe
Quote:
In every comparison, it was an SS Wipeout. Now with the increased power, magnaride, 10 speed, etc. I am interested to see if the Mustang has caught up to the Camaro.
Camaro Maybe is offline   Reply With Quote