Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #225
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Lmao. Pretty sure no woman ever has said. "Oh my gosh the sound of those 6 cylinders pumping really gets me going"
No because the vast majority of women don't know a V6 or a V8...they see the look of the car and say that the car looks sexy.

Dude, I've already explained this to you lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
You need to work on your self worth. Buying a car to please other people is the definition of low self esteem.
That's your opinion. If TENACITY is buying a "newer car" for over $20,000 then I'm buying a car that's considered a sporty, cool, and sexy car.

I see people driving newer cars that cost $15k - $25k on the road and the shyt is boring, bland, and dull. I think to myself, "What's the point of buying a new car if you are going to buy that shyt?"

I need people to see me coming down the street
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #226
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
If i knew now how much of the car I was going to replace with aftermarket parts just to entertain myself I would have bought a body in white....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #227
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
No because the vast majority of women don't know a V6 or a V8...they see the look of the car and say that the car looks sexy.

Dude, I've already explained this to you lol.

That's your opinion. If TENACITY is buying a "newer car" for over $20,000 then I'm buying a car that's considered a sporty, cool, and sexy car.

I see people driving newer cars that cost $15k - $25k on the road and the shyt is boring, bland, and dull. I think to myself, "What's the point of buying a new car if you are going to buy that shyt?"

I need people to see me coming down the street
If you had self worth you wouldn't care who saw you or what you were driving.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:18 PM   #228
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
If you had self worth you wouldn't care who saw you or what you were driving.
I completely and utterly disagree with this.

- There's a reason people buy expensive brand name clothing.

- There's a reason people kill themselves in the gym to look good on the beach.

The entire concept of "you bought a car because women think it's sexy = you have no self worth" makes ABSOLUTELY no sense because 75% of the things we do as men (directly or indirectly) is to ATTRACT/please (directly or indirectly) some woman.

Just like 75% of the things women do is to attract/please a man. Some chicks take over 2 hours to get ready in the morning. Some spend countless hours in the beauty salon EVERY WEEK. Some spend countless hours in the gym every week. What do you think they are doing all of this for?

It's to LOOK GOOD for OTHER PEOPLE.

It's why if a chick got a new hair style (which she probably spent a couple hours and about $400 in a salon chair getting done) and you dare not compliment her on it or even acknowledge said new style....she will go off on your a$$ lol.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:46 PM   #229
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
People that try to look good for other people are simply trying to verify themselves through other people.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:50 PM   #230
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSport340 View Post
If somebody wants a V6 or a V8, that's their choice. I'd never put them down for buying what makes them happy.
How does not caring about a certain model = putting someone down? That's what I want to know.

There are soooooo many butthurt v6 owners in this thread who, for whatever reason, need everyone to worship their cars. If someone doesn't like a v6 Camaro they are automatically a hater, or showing disrespect.

20 pages of justification for buying a lower tier model and some people really think they are gong to convince v8 owners to jump on team v6. Newsflash. Never gonna happen.

This is real life. Everyone doesn't get a trophy.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:52 PM   #231
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
I completely and utterly disagree with this.

- There's a reason people buy expensive brand name clothing.

- There's a reason people kill themselves in the gym to look good on the beach.

The entire concept of "you bought a car because women think it's sexy = you have no self worth" makes ABSOLUTELY no sense because 75% of the things we do as men (directly or indirectly) is to ATTRACT/please (directly or indirectly) some woman.

Just like 75% of the things women do is to attract/please a man. Some chicks take over 2 hours to get ready in the morning. Some spend countless hours in the beauty salon EVERY WEEK. Some spend countless hours in the gym every week. What do you think they are doing all of this for?

It's to LOOK GOOD for OTHER PEOPLE.

It's why if a chick got a new hair style (which she probably spent a couple hours and about $400 in a salon chair getting done) and you dare not compliment her on it or even acknowledge said new style....she will go off on your a$$ lol.
Bullsh** to the max. I shop at Express, all of my clothes come from there. Do I do it because it looks cool to other people? Hell no, I do it because DMPSIX likes it.

Why would I shop and buy expensive clothing just for other people to "ooh and ahh" at me? I wouldn't be shopping for me, I'd be shopping for THEM.

Sorry bud, you're wrong again, you're throwing women into your analysis and it's totally wrong,if you want to think like one and try to outdo another female, then by all means.

I hit the gym all the damn time too, do I do it to make other people change their opinion on me? No, I do it because I like the gym, I like hitting the weights, I love the euphoric feeling like there's not a single care in the world when I lift, it's a natural high for a lot of people who do it because THEY want to.

I like the way I like in the mirror with my shirt off, I like the way I look in my car, and I like the way my car looks. That's all that matters to me.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:21 PM   #232
jsc52ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Bullsh** to the max. I shop at Express, all of my clothes come from there. Do I do it because it looks cool to other people? Hell no, I do it because DMPSIX likes it.

Why would I shop and buy expensive clothing just for other people to "ooh and ahh" at me? I wouldn't be shopping for me, I'd be shopping for THEM.

Sorry bud, you're wrong again, you're throwing women into your analysis and it's totally wrong,if you want to think like one and try to outdo another female, then by all means.

I hit the gym all the damn time too, do I do it to make other people change their opinion on me? No, I do it because I like the gym, I like hitting the weights, I love the euphoric feeling like there's not a single care in the world when I lift, it's a natural high for a lot of people who do it because THEY want to.

I like the way I like in the mirror with my shirt off, I like the way I look in my car, and I like the way my car looks. That's all that matters to me.
jsc52ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:21 PM   #233
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Once again.....whether you are aware of it or NOT, most of everything that we do on a daily basis is to "please or look good" in front of other people. It's just a fact man, it starts from the time you wake up out of the bed in the morning to brush your teeth, bathe, and fix your appearance. The bulk of that is being done so you "look good" in front of other people.

Argue all damn night if you want lol, facts are facts.

Quote:
People that try to look good for other people are simply trying to verify themselves through other people.
Right, which is what just about EVERY human being does on a direct or indirect level (including YOU) whether you are aware of it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
How does not caring about a certain model = putting someone down? That's what I want to know.

There are soooooo many butthurt v6 owners in this thread who, for whatever reason, need everyone to worship their cars. If someone doesn't like a v6 Camaro they are automatically a hater, or showing disrespect.
Who are the butt hurt V6 owners in this thread?

Quote:
20 pages of justification for buying a lower tier model
Lower tier model based on WHAT? There's nothing "low tier" about a base Camaro package, have you checked (once again) everything that comes with that base package? There's nothing low tier about it. That's not my opinion....that's a FACT based on the car being voted CAR OF THE YEAR.

The only BUTT HURT people I see in this thread are the V8 guys who consistently spit out mis-information and GROSS exaggerations about the importance of particular "performance" aspects to car owners that DON'T drag race lol.

Quote:
....and some people really think they are gong to convince v8 owners to jump on team v6. Newsflash. Never gonna happen.
I've scrolled through this thread again, can you please point out the V6 guy on this thread that has tried to convince a V8 guy to switch to a V6? I gave my reasons for not getting the V8 package, it's OVER KILL for a daily driver. Ever since I said that, this thread has EXPLODED with V8 guys throwing all types of mis-information around to try and DEFEND their purchase.

The only BUTT HURT people I see in this thread are V8 guys lol.

Quote:
This is real life. Everyone doesn't get a trophy.
I have no damn idea what this means, but buying the Camaro has damn sure provided me a trophy. I can't leave the house without a new compliment. This is by far the best car purchase of my life thus far. My trophy is sitting outside on his 24 inch wheels
Old 08-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #234
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Lmao. Pretty sure no woman ever has said. "Oh my gosh the sound of those 6 cylinders pumping really gets me going"
Tenassity has everybody getting slong.......

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:29 AM   #235
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
the v6 will never ever buy iu nto the muscle car club. you go to car meets no body will take u seriously unless u have the v8
look the bmws1000rr destroys any harley on performance. but people that buy a harley buy into the lifestyle that goes with that bike..
same with the v8..once you own the v8 u are in that club..if owned a v6 i would never go to any car shows in it.
nothing wrong with a v6 if u just need something to get from A TO B in style. but if you want to own the real deal then their is no alternative
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:46 AM   #236
HogsFan75

Quote:
My trophy is sitting outside on his 24 inch wheels
Who can argue with a guy who thinks 24's look good on a Camaro?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #237
HogsFan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
the v6 will never ever buy iu nto the muscle car club. you go to car meets no body will take u seriously unless u have the v8
look the bmws1000rr destroys any harley on performance. but people that buy a harley buy into the lifestyle that goes with that bike..
same with the v8..once you own the v8 u are in that club..if owned a v6 i would never go to any car shows in it.
nothing wrong with a v6 if u just need something to get from A TO B in style. but if you want to own the real deal then their is no alternative
This is why so many v6 owners try to upbadge their cars and make them look like a higher tier model, make it as loud as possible, then go to car shows and leave the hoods shut. lol

That, or they add donks, neon and lambo doors and call it a day.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:14 AM   #238
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Who can argue with a guy who thinks 24's look good on a Camaro?

You obviously don't get the fact that 24s turn your muscle car into a track beast on any road course. Simply by rubbing against your wheel wells, they limit body roll. I suggest you do some research before attacking people with 24s. Not cool sir.