Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #99
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Thank you guys for answering all these questions and sharing your experience with us. I hope you had a good time!

Ian
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #100
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Android is coming in the spring.

--kC
I think it's here already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
TAG, I think I speak for everyone here when I say thanks a million. You have already answered a ton of our questions I could not be happier with my decision to purchase a 6th gen!

PS: How is the fit and finish of the car? Any rattles at all?
No rattles at all. Fit it fairly good all the way around but I just don't like where the front of the door connects to the dash. It's off a tiny bit. Other than that, I see no major issues. A couple lines were off on the dash above the cluster (gaps a tiny bit larger on one part than on the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingluis91 View Post
Tag Ur it thanks for answering my only concern I have on the 6th gen. Good question too sledgehammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Yeah, I am 6'5" the back seat behind me was never going to get used
Dude..you will have plenty of room, but that seat will be all the way back and no one will be able to fit behind you. But you will be comfy for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot93 View Post
I'm 6'1 and my daughters will use the back seat but they are 11 and 9 now, they are used to me sitting with my seat back anyways in my Grand Prix
Yeah....well...they won't fit back there...lol. You can try but there won't be much room t all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
You have the 7" MyLink in there, right? You should have Android Auto already according to the GM presser from last month.

Also, I thought the LT rear diffusers were supposed to be unpainted to differentiate the rear from the SS trims? That one looks pretty glossy compared to the lower front grill.

p.s. Our 2015 Malibu came with the 4G LTE trial. Even on the highways in Florida that AT&T signal sucks. Heck, Sprint works on all the highways and their network is supposedly worse than AT&T's. I wish GM had partnered with Verizon or Tmobile instead. When you hit an AT&T LTE dead zone, the hotspot module doesn't drop down to a usable 3G signal. I suspect it is because AT&T 3G is just that poor, but it could be that the module doesn't have the radio support for anything except for LTE.
Not sure if this is 7" or ...hold on. Ok. Downloading android auto now so it'll hook up to the car. Let's see what happens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Tag ur it...how are the materials inside, how is the leather, seem durable and premium feel to it? How are the dash materials? Thanks so much and enjoy!
Materials are nice but the fit is a tiny bit off in a couple of spots. Up at the front where the door meets by the dash, it's off on both sides by just a tad. I'm sure they'll fix that for final production, though.
The leather used on the doors is premium...like, I LIKE it. The seats are comfy as hell and great on the long ride. While kinda firm, are soft enough that I"m not squirming around trying to get comfortable. And they hug you, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Yes, forgot about the 7" screen already has Android auto...if either of you guys have an Android device, please test.
Will do. Going to try to hook up here in a couple minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
You thought I was insane
You are. You had the chance to drive one of these and you passed....PINCHE!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #101
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
Don't mean to burst your bubble... But they are, in fact, in a 2LT. The 2LT comes with the 8-inch IO5 setup which does not have Andriod Auto as of now. Second on that, they have the IO6 system with navigation. Which as well, does not support Andriod Auto yet.

Edit: I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a dick. I'm not meaning to be.
You didn't come off as one. I was under the mistaken impression that the 2LT required the Convenience & Lighting Package to get the 8" upgrade, like the 1LT does with the Technology Package.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #102
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh! And get this! You can actually charge your darn phone with the car OFF now!!! I've got my phone plugged in with the car off via USB cable and it's charging. COOL
Old 10-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #103
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Oh! And get this! You can actually charge your darn phone with the car OFF now!!! I've got my phone plugged in with the car off via USB cable and it's charging. COOL
That is very good to know!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #104
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

They also changed the trunk fob to where instead of pressing and holding the button on the key fob to open your trunk you must press the trunk button twice in order to open your trunk. Nice.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #105
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Now if I could only find a place to put my cell phone while driving. If I put it in the door handle handle,, it will fly out the back and into the back seat floor board where I can not reach it until I stop and get out of the car. The center console isn't that great of an area for it either. Seriously, trying to find a spot sucks.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:38 PM   #106
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Now if I could only find a place to put my cell phone while driving. If I put it in the door handle handle,, it will fly out the back and into the back seat floor board where I can not reach it until I stop and get out of the car. The center console isn't that great of an area for it either. Seriously, trying to find a spot sucks.
What about the charging station behind the console? Or does your tester not have the wireless charging?
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #107
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
That's awesome. Thanks for all the info. Still heading to K.C. Saturday to check them out.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #108
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The Camaro that we are in does not have the charging pad. Besides, I have the Galaxy s5 which is not compatible and Glens is an iPhone 6 w/out the attachment.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #109
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

We are currently headed to Heids hot dogs in Liverpool. We should be there at 158pm
Old 10-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #110
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Isn't it supposed to go into the center console storage?
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #111
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Cupholder? That's where I've always stuck phones.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #112
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Using the cupholders....lol. doesn't fit in the center console