Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #197
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
If you want to drive your muscle car in the winter thats your choice. To me it's fair you go ahead and buy your own winter/allseason tires. I'll be happy with the stock tires then. I wouldnt drive these things in the winter anyhow.
Yes, why would anyone want to drive the car they purchased? It's not a "muscle car" no matter how much it pretends to be. It is an Australian Buick. It's a mid-luxury car dressed up to look sporty. It is made to be daily-driven.

Summer-only tires do not belong on any normal car. A Camaro SS is a mass-produced, typical car. 99.99999% of the lives of all Camaro SS's will be spent on a street. Not on a race track. 90+% of Camaro SS's produced will never see a track of any kind, ever, until the third owners buy them when they're worth 4 figures.

Summer tires are overall horrible performers. They suck in anything but warm, perfectly dry conditions on flat roads. Their performance in rain sucks, their performance in temps <40 degrees or in even light snow is non-existent, the road noise tends to be highest and the tread wear is abysmal. A simple all-season tire will increase overall performance on a street car, will have better tread life and cut down on costs significantly, and be far, far, FAR safer for the consumer. Look at the huge portion of drivers on this site that drive PZero's in the winter. They don't care. It is a stupid, stupid move. My GMax's cost 30% less than PZero's, yet the treadwear is double the life, they ride much more comfortably and there is NO noticeable dry weather performance losses. However, they are massively better in sub-optimal conditions. Almost every day is a sub-optimal condition. These cars should've come with GMax's stock instead of trash overpriced PZero's.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:09 PM   #198
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
ECS C6 = RobC (previously banned member). Now two time banned user.
thank you very much sir. What a troll he was. AWD Camaro with DCT and what not?? LOL give me a 60K base 1SS Camaro pls...LOLLL

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #199
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
18'' wheels on the V? or 19''? I'm looking at the tires and it seems like a 255 35 18...That would be awesome!!

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #200
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Yes those. Yeah I like them in picture. But they don't fit the car at all. They don't fit the wheel housings. And the offset is bad. From the rear of the car you can't even see them. The CTS V on the other hand looked great! Style of the wheel is only 50% of the battle, The fit is the other half.
Saw these at the NYC car show, and loved them!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #201
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
thank you very much sir. What a troll he was. AWD Camaro with DCT and what not?? LOL give me a 60K base 1SS Camaro pls...LOLLL
So I can't want a NG Camaro that can compete with an Audi RS5 without getting banned?

I would LOVE it if the Camaro had that capability.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #202
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Yes, why would anyone want to drive the car they purchased? It's not a "muscle car" no matter how much it pretends to be. It is an Australian Buick. It's a mid-luxury car dressed up to look sporty. It is made to be daily-driven.

Summer-only tires do not belong on any normal car. A Camaro SS is a mass-produced, typical car. 99.99999% of the lives of all Camaro SS's will be spent on a street. Not on a race track. 90+% of Camaro SS's produced will never see a track of any kind, ever, until the third owners buy them when they're worth 4 figures.

Summer tires are overall horrible performers. They suck in anything but warm, perfectly dry conditions on flat roads. Their performance in rain sucks, their performance in temps <40 degrees or in even light snow is non-existent, the road noise tends to be highest and the tread wear is abysmal. A simple all-season tire will increase overall performance on a street car, will have better tread life and cut down on costs significantly, and be far, far, FAR safer for the consumer. Look at the huge portion of drivers on this site that drive PZero's in the winter. They don't care. It is a stupid, stupid move. My GMax's cost 30% less than PZero's, yet the treadwear is double the life, they ride much more comfortably and there is NO noticeable dry weather performance losses. However, they are massively better in sub-optimal conditions. Almost every day is a sub-optimal condition. These cars should've come with GMax's stock instead of trash overpriced PZero's.
Maybe I am missing something here, but I put a set of PZero's on my Jetta. They were not rated for snow of course, but they were amazing in both wet and dry conditions and had plenty of tread left after 20k miles. I drove in snow/slush with them before and they were just as good as the Continental All Seasons tires the car came with. Are the PZero's on the 5th gens something different than a standard PZero?

I agree, an all season tire is the best for all trim levels except the 1LE. For the 1LE you should get a choice I would think.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #203
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
So I can't want a NG Camaro that can compete with an Audi RS5 without getting banned?

I would LOVE it if the Camaro had that capability.
No, you can, you just can't be a jerk to literally everyone who said anything to you about anything like he was... Honestly, if he just would've been respectful there would've been zero issues. But it was every thread and he had no interest in fostering any kind of discussion, just spewing "it needs a DCT with AWD and I can't believe Chevy isn't offering that and the 6th gen is a complete failure without it and anyone who thinks differently is a complete idiot and doesn't know as much about performance cars as me. What do you even drive? How dare you question me, I'll be buying a 6th gen with an LT1 and a stick because that will be THEE performance car to beat."

Edit:
The more cars the camaro can beat, the better!
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #204
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Maybe I am missing something here, but I put a set of PZero's on my Jetta. They were not rated for snow of course, but they were amazing in both wet and dry conditions and had plenty of tread left after 20k miles. I drove in snow/slush with them before and they were just as good as the Continental All Seasons tires the car came with. Are the PZero's on the 5th gens something different than a standard PZero?

I agree, an all season tire is the best for all trim levels except the 1LE. For the 1LE you should get a choice I would think.
Pirelli has a "PZero" (which is a summer tire) and a "PZero Nero" (which is an all season tire). I got the V6 Camaro NON-RS with a the 19" wheel upgrade specifically because it has non-staggered wheels and ultra-high performance all-season tires. (It's my daily driver)
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #205
DCZ1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCZ1LE View Post
The rectangular void on each spoke is reminiscent of the '85 IROC wheel.

Proportions are similar anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you guys take a look at some of the past camo'd shots of the car you'll see these wheels on the car. They actually aren't bad looking on the car at all...I'd say looks better than this stand alone shot.

Not saying I'm in love with them, but I think they look nice.

Speaking of, aren't those the '85 IROC rims in the background?

I guess I find the occasional references to the third gen interesting. Curious to find out if there's any reason behind it.
DCZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #206
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Well I decided that I will be trading my car in next year and will try to get a bnew 1SS for around 20k LT1 powerplant here I come!!!

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #207
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
No, you can, you just can't be a jerk to literally everyone who said anything to you about anything like he was... Honestly, if he just would've been respectful there would've been zero issues. But it was every thread and he had no interest in fostering any kind of discussion, just spewing "it needs a DCT with AWD and I can't believe Chevy isn't offering that and the 6th gen is a complete failure without it and anyone who thinks differently is a complete idiot and doesn't know as much about performance cars as me. What do you even drive? How dare you question me, I'll be buying a 6th gen with an LT1 and a stick because that will be THEE performance car to beat."

Edit:
The more cars the camaro can beat, the better!
I am mostly almost sometimes respectful. Except when I'm typing on my phone and spell check/auto correct makes me come across as a DB knowitall
Old 04-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #208
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

Except...then the car won't perform nearly as well in testing, and therefore won't compare well in magazine tests...appearing slow and feeling sluggish and sloppy.

Summer tires offer the ability to put the performance a car can produce down to the ground efficiently. All-seasons do not. As sporty cars become faster...you're going to find all season tires just can't cut it. Now...with respect - you may not feel a difference in the performance of the car with all-seasons...but my guess is you're not driving the car at the levels where all-season tires give up.

Now, that said - there are some nice summer tires out there that do perfectly fine in the wet and cold. Just not on ice and snow. And frankly - I don't think all seasons work any good in the snow and ice, either. I'll never drive another winter without snow/winter tires.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #209
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Baaahahahahahahahaha.

Anyone who is on autoblog probably knows him as evoshift2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #210
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Anyone who is on autoblog probably knows him as evoshift2
He was way over the top with is superiority complex - calling everyone an idiot.

Fact is, there's a market for RWD performance cars, people love to drive them. Yes, AWD will put the power down more effectively, but some would still prefer RWD over it.

I think it would be awesome if they could offer an AWD option on the Camaro, but only if it doesn't drive the price up on the other models. Would love to see a $60K (ish) AWD TT camaro take on the likes of a $100K GT-R - I'd probably still go with RWD ZL1 though.

As for the rims, I think they are decent, but not loving them. Would prefer Stingray, Z06 and ZL1 (black rims) over these. I bet they have a black option for 1LE and ZL1 like before.
Attached Images

DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote