Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro forum, news, rumors, discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Why the First Year 6Gen Should Have a V6, SS & 1LE

The first year 6Gen should have as before the V6 and V8 SS models. I also believe it should include the 1LE package for the SS. It makes as much sense as it does to have the Z51 package available for the C7 Corvette. As it is an upgrade to the SS model and not another model in the Camaro line-up. and no worries there will be enough future models released to keep the excitement going in coming years.
__________________
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
I agree. With the success of the 5th gen, they should try to push the 6th gen even further.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
oneredry
 
Drives: soon to be 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Troy OH
Posts: 32
ohh I sure hope you are right, about the 1LE 6th Gen! cuz I'ma waiting....
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,101
Agree but bigger issue is what is the Z28 and is that it?
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Agree but bigger issue is what is the Z28 and is that it?
Unless GM does an LS1 to LS6 like update of the LT1, I don't see the Z/28 coming back. I would rather not see the Z28 badge come out to replace the 1LE either. It will cause even more confusion.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,480
I agree and would like to see the handling package available on all models. 6 piston front Brembos as a stand alone option would be awesome since the 2015 Mustang has it available.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Agree but bigger issue is what is the Z28 and is that it?
If GM doesn't want to add to and create more confusion they need to be consistent with what they've started with the 5Gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Unless GM does an LS1 to LS6 like update of the LT1, I don't see the Z/28 coming back. I would rather not see the Z28 badge come out to replace the 1LE either. It will cause even more confusion.
It, the Z/28 "will" be back, but only as the main event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I agree and would like to see the handling package available on all models. 6 piston front Brembos as a stand alone option would be awesome since the 2015 Mustang has it available.
I agree wholeheartedly with the 6 piston fronts being an option (they should have been on the 5Gen). I'm sure they will be since Ford has gone there.
__________________
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
It, the Z/28 "will" be back, but only as the main event.
I hope so, but with GM already moving onto developing the C8, it seems the chances are slim.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
detltu
 
detltu's Avatar
 
Drives: 1991 Z28 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Madisonville, LA
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I hope so, but with GM already moving onto developing the C8, it seems the chances are slim.
Just because they start work on the C8 doesn't mean they are done with the C7. I still suspect we will see a ZR1. If there is an LT1,LT4 and LT5 there will be plenty of engines to choose from for a Z/28 and ZL1 variant Camaro.

It would be nice to see the 1LE package from the get go, but I wouldn't be surprised for them to hold it back a bit.
__________________
1989 Camaro RS convertible- Sold
1999 Camaro SS - Stolen 2x
1991 Camaro Z28-
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,320
I think it would be very wise of Chevrolet to offer handling/track packages for the Camaro V6 and V8 (and turbo 4?) right from the get go. The 1LE is a great package, and also looks awesome.

The Mustang gets PP right away. Why not the Camaro. Chevrolet...just do it.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
jp23rockstar
 
Drives: None
Join Date: May 2012
Location: RI
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think it would be very wise of Chevrolet to offer handling/track packages for the Camaro V6 and V8 (and turbo 4?) right from the get go. The 1LE is a great package, and also looks awesome.

The Mustang gets PP right away. Why not the Camaro. Chevrolet...just do it.
They should do it right off the bat. No need to wait till the 2nd year of production to start adding these performance packages.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #12
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
Just because they start work on the C8 doesn't mean they are done with the C7. I still suspect we will see a ZR1. If there is an LT1,LT4 and LT5 there will be plenty of engines to choose from for a Z/28 and ZL1 variant Camaro.

It would be nice to see the 1LE package from the get go, but I wouldn't be surprised for them to hold it back a bit.
There may be a ZR1 but that still doesn't leave an engine for a 6th gen Z/28.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #13
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think it would be very wise of Chevrolet to offer handling/track packages for the Camaro V6 and V8 (and turbo 4?) right from the get go. The 1LE is a great package, and also looks awesome.

The Mustang gets PP right away. Why not the Camaro. Chevrolet...just do it.
Exactly!

I'm sure we all remember the bad press the first 5Gen SS's had handling wise. GM set up the standard SS for the average driver with too much understeer. And yes the competition is looking stronger than ever.
__________________
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think it would be very wise of Chevrolet to offer handling/track packages for the Camaro V6 and V8 (and turbo 4?) right from the get go. The 1LE is a great package, and also looks awesome.

The Mustang gets PP right away. Why not the Camaro. Chevrolet...just do it.
Yep. Look how long it took for us to get decent performance parts available from GM. The 1LE suspension and some other parts are available but we're still waiting on the Z/28 parts and pricing.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #15
wakespeak
 
Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 644
Realistically there needs to be at least a model year of soak time before the 1LE comes out. I think there is a large delta with the ATS, despite "common platform". GM can barely test the car now properly with all of the camouflage. Keep in mind the Gen5 platform was not new either in 2009, but still took 2 model years to come out with the ZL1 and 1LE.

I would rather get a properly sorted car after lots of undistracted track testing by GM.
__________________
NPP, 1LE front (27mm)/rear (28mm) stabilizer bars, ZL1/1LE rear toe Links, ZL1/1LE shifter, Apex catch can, 1LE oil separator, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines,1LE strut tower brace
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Realistically there needs to be at least a model year of soak time before the 1LE comes out. I think there is a large delta with the ATS, despite "common platform". GM can barely test the car now properly with all of the camouflage. Keep in mind the Gen5 platform was not new either in 2009, but still took 2 model years to come out with the ZL1 and 1LE.

I would rather get a properly sorted car after lots of undistracted track testing by GM.
Why? The 1LE is just a package on the SS like the Z51 on the Stingray. The Z51 was available from the start so the 1LE should be as well.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #17
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,296
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I look for the 50th anniversary to be the yr they come out with a 6th gen Z/28. Which will be the following yr (2017) as it started in 1967.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #18
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,737
it'll probably come out in stages. SS and V6 first year, then 1LE, then Z/28. Which i am guessing the next Z/28 will be more like the current ZL1. i don't think they're going to have both with fewer engine's available. Like what's going on with the C7 only having the ZO6.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #19
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why? The 1LE is just a package on the SS like the Z51 on the Stingray. The Z51 was available from the start so the 1LE should be as well.
__________________
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #20
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
it'll probably come out in stages. SS and V6 first year, then 1LE, then Z/28. Which i am guessing the next Z/28 will be more like the current ZL1. i don't think they're going to have both with fewer engine's available. Like what's going on with the C7 only having the ZO6.
There's no way they would build a supercharged Z/28 after the whole name change that lead to the current ZL1. Team Camaro knows a supercharger doesn't belong on the Z/28. It's too bad Team Corvette doesn't believe the same for the Z06.
Bhobbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #21
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 2,798
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The first year 6Gen should have as before the V6 and V8 SS models. I also believe it should include the 1LE package for the SS. It makes as much sense as it does to have the Z51 package available for the C7 Corvette. As it is an upgrade to the SS model and not another model in the Camaro line-up. and no worries there will be enough future models released to keep the excitement going in coming years.
The number 1 reason why all three are needed right up front is the Mustang has all 3 and a turbo 4. So the Camaro needs 4 models right up front.
__________________

The 1LE Inferno build thread
More Seat Time. Thinking the 1LE is a keeper.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #22
KarFan
 
KarFan's Avatar
 
Drives: CARS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 474
Can't forget about the Turbo 4 Cylinder and if it will power the base model or like Ford has done and made it an option over the 6 cylinder in the Mustang.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #23
GroundhogSS
 
GroundhogSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 516
I'm hoping the convertible comes out pretty quickly after the coupes.
__________________
Richard
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #24
BigEnos
Planning stages...
 
Drives: 1995 Z28,2012 Mustang GT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 37
GM needs only to see the runaway popularity of the Z51 package on the C7 to know why the 1LE needs to be available at launch. They completely missed the mark on the mix of Z51 vs. non-Z51 in the first year and had to scramble to catch up.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #25
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEnos View Post
GM needs only to see the runaway popularity of the Z51 package on the C7 to know why the 1LE needs to be available at launch. They completely missed the mark on the mix of Z51 vs. non-Z51 in the first year and had to scramble to catch up.
Exactly!
__________________
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.