Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #29
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
That's not base C7 weight.. Base C7 curb weight is right under 3300 I believe.
That is the weight of a no-option C7. And no one stocks or buys no-option Vettes. C7's probably average @ 3400+ in the real world, especially when equipped with Automatic, which the majority are ordered with.

Building with sheet metal, only, and adding a rear seat, the Gen-6 Camaros on Alpha will weigh more than C7s, just like the ATS coupe does (2.0-T is 3418-Base).
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #30
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
That is the weight of a no-option C7. And no one stocks or buys no-option Vettes. C7's probably average @ 3400+ in the real world, especially when equipped with Automatic, which the majority are ordered with.

Building with sheet metal, only, and adding a rear seat, the Gen-6 Camaros on Alpha will weigh more than C7s, just like the ATS coupe does (2.0-T is 3418-Base).
Not really sure what you're trying to get at.. I replied to a guy and told him that 3400+ is not base curb weight. What are you going off about?

Who the hell doesn't think the Alpha Camaro will weigh more than the C7? I prefer to start at the curb weight and go from there. I don't care what options people order that adds weight. I want to know where they each start.

3,300 for the Vette and hoping for 3,700 range for Camaro.. Should be below 3,800 for base SS.. I hope.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #31
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
What are you going off about?
Speaking of going off.....

Quote:
Who the hell doesn't think the Alpha Camaro will weigh more than the C7? I prefer to start at the curb weight and go from there. I don't care what options people order that adds weight. I want to know where they each start.
Some previous comments suggest an expectation of up to 500 lb. loss. That's NOT going to happen, is it?

Feel better, now? Your google skills are intact. Sorry for your sensitive skin condition, though. Have you consulted with a dermatologist?
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #32
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Not bigger but could go on a diet of 400-500lbs, Im not sure where they would lose that much weight but damn these LS3's would be smokin if the Camaro's were 400-500lbs lighter....They would take a 5.0 thats for sure.
The above post does not imply that a significant weight reduction is realistic. I think he is simply stating how much performance would be gained by losing weight. I'm sure everyone would agree.

For those who are concerned with dimensions, my GTO has better visibility and more head and leg room than a 5th-generation Camaro. However, externally the GTO appears much smaller. As others have posted, a "smaller" Camaro doesn't necessarily mean smaller interior dimensions.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #33
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
Speaking of going off.....

Some previous comments suggest an expectation of up to 500 lb. loss. That's NOT going to happen, is it?

Feel better, now? Your google skills are intact. Sorry for your sensitive skin condition, though. Have you consulted with a dermatologist?
The majority of Corvette's are ordered with an automatic, but it's not like it's 80 percent. It's 60 according to GM. (I had to actually Google this as I read an article about this recently). Happy? No Google needed for the weight though!

I have no idea why you needed to quote what I said and talk about the Camaro weight afterwards. I never stated that it would lose 500 pounds. All I did was correct someone on the base weight of the Vette. That's it! Direct your posts at someone else. THANKS!

Camaro SS 2016 coming to you in the fall of 2015 at 3,7xx pounds.

Enjoy your day!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #34
ChefBorOzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
The above post does not imply that a significant weight reduction is realistic. I think he is simply stating how much performance would be gained by losing weight. I'm sure everyone would agree.

For those who are concerned with dimensions, my GTO has better visibility and more head and leg room than a 5th-generation Camaro. However, externally the GTO appears much smaller. As others have posted, a "smaller" Camaro doesn't necessarily mean smaller interior dimensions.
Miss the 05 GTO I owned. Best seats I've ever been in.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #35
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Old 08-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #36
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
I don't think a smaller camaro would be functional for me and the family. I would like to see some weight reduction but cabin space is perfect. If it does go smaller, I hope they take that room out of the trunk because I will have to fit my kiddo in the back seat.
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #37
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
It's not going to be that much smaller. I understand it will be based on the CTS version of the Alpha platform, not the ATS. I would guess at most it will lose 100 pounds. Hope I am wrong.