Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,469
I hope and pray, having sat in an ATS coupe, that the Camaro is not this small.

If it is, watch how long it takes before the first "how come my Camaro is the same size as a Cruze" threads is started.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #19
ilirg

 
ilirg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I hope and pray, having sat in an ATS coupe, that the Camaro is not this small.

If it is, watch how long it takes before the first "how come my Camaro is the same size as a Cruze" threads is started.
Thank you. I don't mind it losing weight but not at the sake of feeling cramped inside. I love the roominess of my 5th gen
ilirg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #20
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,210
Cruze is actually pretty roomy inside.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #21
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 11,822
Wheels look ZL1 like but are not the same. Also I believed I read they're 19 inch wheels.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 AM   #22
Destructo09

 
Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Raleigh-Durham
Posts: 1,410
I was under the impression the Camaro will be on the CTS long wheel base, which is about 2.3" longer than the current Camaro wheelbase, but over all length will remain about the same.

I don't think there's really any plans to shrink the car, but it should shed some weight for sure.
__________________
2010 2SS
BMR 1" Springs
Koni Orange struts/shocks
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #23
Mikes SS

 
Mikes SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 1,027
yes oddly enough the cruze is a pretty roomy car...
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #24
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
I was under the impression the Camaro will be on the CTS long wheel base, which is about 2.3" longer than the current Camaro wheelbase, but over all length will remain about the same.

I don't think there's really any plans to shrink the car, but it should shed some weight for sure.
That is one of the rumors. The only real official information on the sixth gen is where it will be built and the model year it is supposed to start production.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #25
wakespeak

 
Drives: 2013 2SS LS3/NPP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 920
Those look like LG ZR28 wheels in 19".
__________________
NPP, 1LE front (27mm)/rear (28mm) stabilizer bars, ZL1/1LE rear toe Links, ZL1/1LE shifter, Apex catch can, 1LE oil separator, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines,1LE strut tower brace
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #26
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Again, there is NO "either-or" with Alpha. ATS has a 109" WB, CTS is 114.8". ATS sedan is 183" OL, CTS is 194".

Expect Camaro to be within these parameters. And they'll ALL be based on "Alpha".
.
Yes, Alpha is GMs small and midsized front engine rear or AWD platform. ATS was first followed by the CTS with different wheelbases.

A better guess for the above pic is ATS-V over Gen6 Camaro in disguise, or they could be doing testing on components for both vehicles at the same time
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #27
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: LS2 Fbody
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports View Post
Cant wait till this spanks the M3 and M4
That wont happen, I think; the new M3 is around 450rehp stock. The LT1 is not even close to that. A tuned M3 only did 500rwhp. Numbers need to be confirmed officially though.
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #28
NASTY99Z28

 
Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
That wont happen, I think; the new M3 is around 450rehp stock. The LT1 is not even close to that. A tuned M3 only did 500rwhp. Numbers need to be confirmed officially though.
Not even close? You realize the lt1 makes more then 450hp don't you? Now I know that its not gonna be used in the ats-v but it does make great power. Also are you saying a m3 goes from 450 crank HP to over 500 at the tires with just a tune?
__________________
I like my woman like my milk shakes, THICK!!!!
NASTY99Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #29
ilirg

 
ilirg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 1,395
The m3 is 450 to the wheels, BMW lists rwhp not crank for their cars.
ilirg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #30
PoorMansCamaro



 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 55,210
M3 does not put 450hp to the wheels...
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #31
ilirg

 
ilirg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 1,395
I stand corrected. 425 To the Wheels
ilirg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:28 AM   #32
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Jetta. At least it's red.
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 3,877
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp0gam3r View Post
I just saw the spyshot pics posted on roadandtrack.com of new 2016 ATS-V. Is this the size/dimensions we should expect for the 6th Gen Camaro?
I am reading the 6th gen will be using the CTS version on the Alpha platform (Automobile) not the ATS version. So I would not expect the 6th gen to lose much weight. It may be very close to the weight of the 2015 Mustang and just slightly smaller than the 6th gen. While many of us would like a smaller lighter car, Chevy is playing it safe. The 5th gen was a big seller.
__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #33
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 3,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I stand corrected. 425 To the Wheels
BMW does not use RWHP, they use the exact same numbers as every US car manufacturer which are SAE certified ratings. These numbers are all crank hp and torque ratings. The M3 and M4 both make (SAE): 425 hp @ 5,500 rpm; 406 ft lb of torque @ 1,850 rpm. The reason for this standard testing is because rwhp numbers can vary from hour to hour depending on atmospheric conditions, testing an engine on an engine dy o is very accurate compared to a dyno chassis which provides wild rwhp numbers. And this is not an opinion or speculation but engineering fact.

The edge the new M3 and M4 have over the LT1 is the twin turbos, they make peak torque at 1,850 rpm to redline, that is pretty incredible. That much power under the curve accounts for its potent acceleration numbers. It will be very hard if not impossible for a stock LT1 to match that type of acceleration in a Camaro.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #34
STOCK1SC
 
Drives: 2012 Charger
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
BMW does not use RWHP, they use the exact same numbers as every US car manufacturer which are SAE certified ratings. These numbers are all crank hp and torque ratings. The M3 and M4 both make (SAE): 425 hp @ 5,500 rpm; 406 ft lb of torque @ 1,850 rpm. The reason for this standard testing is because rwhp numbers can vary from hour to hour depending on atmospheric conditions, testing an engine on an engine dy o is very accurate compared to a dyno chassis which provides wild rwhp numbers. And this is not an opinion or speculation but engineering fact.

The edge the new M3 and M4 have over the LT1 is the twin turbos, they make peak torque at 1,850 rpm to redline, that is pretty incredible. That much power under the curve accounts for its potent acceleration numbers. It will be very hard if not impossible for a stock LT1 to match that type of acceleration in a Camaro.
Exactly! They don't rate their vehicles at the rear wheels, lol! I worked at the BMW factory making the damn things. Yeah if I have the option for 450hp from a NA V8 or a twin turbo V6 I'll take the twin turbo V6, like you said more power under the curve plus easier to modify for more power.
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.