#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #29
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I do notice the Prius guys..or the honda fit guys give me the look. A guy I work with drives a honda fit. I took my car to work on mon...I drove past him in the parking lot. He waved for me to stop....I put down my window ..he said point blank, you know how much gas your using up with this thing..the world needs less of these cars , not more. I stared right at a him...then pointed to his car. I then said , we need more guys like you driving cars like that. It not only saves gas and is good for the environment ..but it also let's more guys like me drive cars like mine. That was the end of the discussion.
yea Prius drivers think they have the right to make comments like that...You should have smacked him
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #30
Kgarner1624

Drives: 13' BRM ZL1 A6
Out of the numerous mustang owners i have encountered, i have only met a few (not exaggerating at all) that have shown respect for my car after i compliment theirs… You won't find anyone on this planet that despises mustangs and ford more than me, but i respect them and am not afraid to tell them how nice their ride is. The corvette people aren't too great either, challengers are not so good but mustang drivers definitely take the cake for being the snobbiest and most disrespectful people I've come across.

I have a couple friends that own mustangs and they fit that bill perfectly… Camaro owners have always been generous and respectful people, even before i owned one i was able to stop and talk with them for however long without them getting agitated ect….
Kgarner1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #31
Muscle Car Memories

[QUOTE=Ringo64;7625784]The bailout is an odd subject, mostly every manufacturer has taken money from the government in some form or another. Plus what's it been 5 years and GM paid back the agreed upon amount. If you're going to be a dick, at least be a smart one and pick something recent.

GM hasnt repaid all that they owe. They refused to repay the additional $10 billion they owned and the US Govt. wrote it off...Those are facts.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #32
87GNX

Drives: Alot
I love the 2014 Mustang 5.0's dont care what anyone says and love the 2013 camaros as well. Ford and Chevy have a great rivalry going. These hp wars will come to an end someday in the near future. Enjoy this.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
GM hasnt repaid all that they owe. They refused to repay the additional $10 billion they owned and the US Govt. wrote it off...Those are facts.
Source?

Last I heard, GM gave the Gov. stock and the Government held out till a few months ago to release it.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #34
jmonette04
BEE SS

Drives: 2012 Rally Yellow 1SS
I have always preferred Chevy over Ford but first and foremost I am a muscle car enthusiast. Think of back in the day when their were tons of muscle cars. Camaro Z/28 vs Boss 302 vs Charger with a 440 magnum under the hood. I grew up loving the detroit muscle cars!!!! It is all personal preference and I long for the day when cars were distinct and our Camaros and Fords have brought it back to some extent. Just my two cents....
Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #35
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Source?

Last I heard, GM gave the Gov. stock and the Government held out till a few months ago to release it.
Fox news is where I saw it...several months ago but it really doesnt matter your gonna defend the bailout and im not, but either way its over and lets move on.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #36
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
I've had the biggest problems with viper and corvette owners, not just the brand, but they give everyone shit that doesn't own the same thing they do. Weather its a fellow Chevy or dodge owner.

Now in the past I have found that 90% of v8 mustang owners are jerks. This was from back in the day when us LS1 guy were kicking their butt though.
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #37
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Hahahaha! I always love it when Ford guys diss the GM Bailout.

$52 Billion was not the amount borrowed, and that's <$200 per capita regardless.

The US gov't lost $10-12 billion on the GM bailout after stock sales and interest are considered. Or 32 hours worth of federal government spending. Or 0.3% of 2009 spending.

For those in Rio Linda, Ford was lobbying for the GM bailout, dittos for Chrysler.

US production of cars would have stopped if GM completely shut down. Permanently. It's a sub-tier thingy. No car company in existence today can survive without sub-tier suppliers. Welcome to manufacturing today.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #38
Muscle Car Memories

The bailout really didnt do much for GM it bailed out the unions more than anything and that was pretty much the reason they ALL pretty much went busted to begin with.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #39
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
My dad and I get into the same thing. I prefer GM products, and him and mom prefer ford and lincoln products. They for some reason associate GM with Obama. I don't bother getting into arguments with people over which manufacturer I like. I like what I like, and that's it. I'm not immune to change. In fact, I really like change. I love shaking things up and trying new things. it's part of the adventure of living this life that we all are living. But you know what, I love America, and I love Camaros and Corvettes (even the ones that only had like 150hp).
George Bush and not Obama actually started the bailout....
Old 04-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Frankly, business has nothing to do with racing. If executives make choices that don't work out, it has nothing to do with the engineering behind a car. That's up to engineers, not board room suits.

People really like to compare auto enthusiasm to religion, sports teams, or other areas where we accept and encourage diversity. I have a lot of appreciation for car enthusiasts everywhere and personally have a taste for non-GM vehicles as well.

On the other hand, cars are a lot more than design. Fancy bodywork does not make a car. It might make a brand recognizable, like a 1972 Chevelle or a 2011 Camaro, but it does not constitute the whole car. There's a lot of engineering there.

While we're tolerating the diversity of design and personal taste in said design, let's also look at cars objectively. They require brilliant minds to give them breath, and some of them are objectively better than others. This can be measured in the kinds of problems we have with our cars.

Since all vehicles are matters of production, those issues vary from low-grade parts (excessive use of plastics, for instance) to unskilled builders producing low-quality clearances (garage projects, for instance). Bodystyles will remain in debate for all time, but engineering is much easier to argue. For a motor company, there are a lot of engineering questions to ask, but one stands out more than any other.

Who makes the best engines? That answer is obvious to all of us, but let a Ford guy tell you, "It depends on what you want to do." At General Motors, the best engines for racing, hauling, off-road, road courses, circle tracks, rally, tinkering, self-assembly, and even watersport are available at your GM parts dealer or in your favorite GM vehicle. With these engines, you'll have more power, less maintenance, and significantly lower cost over the life of the engine than comparable imports and domestics. It's really a no-brainer.

On top of that, we can discuss the best suspensions, but the same argument will be met. "It depends on what you want to do." I'm sure someone will tell me the Range Rover or G-wagon can outdo a Suburban on dirt. When you get price into the equation, once again GM is going to dominate among OEMs. When comparing products in the same price range and category, GM products tend to out-handle comparable imports and domestics on the same track. Show me a professional driver losing to a Challenger or Mustang when driving a 1LE, ZL1, or Z/28.

I could go on, but I've made my point. Come at me, trolls.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #41
Kgarner1624

Drives: 13' BRM ZL1 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Frankly, business has nothing to do with racing. If executives make choices that don't work out, it has nothing to do with the engineering behind a car. That's up to engineers, not board room suits.

People really like to compare auto enthusiasm to religion, sports teams, or other areas where we accept and encourage diversity. I have a lot of appreciation for car enthusiasts everywhere and personally have a taste for non-GM vehicles as well.

On the other hand, cars are a lot more than design. Fancy bodywork does not make a car. It might make a brand recognizable, like a 1972 Chevelle or a 2011 Camaro, but it does not constitute the whole car. There's a lot of engineering there.

While we're tolerating the diversity of design and personal taste in said design, let's also look at cars objectively. They require brilliant minds to give them breath, and some of them are objectively better than others. This can be measured in the kinds of problems we have with our cars.

Since all vehicles are matters of production, those issues vary from low-grade parts (excessive use of plastics, for instance) to unskilled builders producing low-quality clearances (garage projects, for instance). Bodystyles will remain in debate for all time, but engineering is much easier to argue. For a motor company, there are a lot of engineering questions to ask, but one stands out more than any other.

Who makes the best engines? That answer is obvious to all of us, but let a Ford guy tell you, "It depends on what you want to do." At General Motors, the best engines for racing, hauling, off-road, road courses, circle tracks, rally, tinkering, self-assembly, and even watersport are available at your GM parts dealer or in your favorite GM vehicle. With these engines, you'll have more power, less maintenance, and significantly lower cost over the life of the engine than comparable imports and domestics. It's really a no-brainer.

On top of that, we can discuss the best suspensions, but the same argument will be met. "It depends on what you want to do." I'm sure someone will tell me the Range Rover or G-wagon can outdo a Suburban on dirt. When you get price into the equation, once again GM is going to dominate among OEMs. When comparing products in the same price range and category, GM products tend to out-handle comparable imports and domestics on the same track. Show me a professional driver losing to a Challenger or Mustang when driving a 1LE, ZL1, or Z/28.

THIS
Kgarner1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #42
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Im not trolling but what you wrote there is a matter of your opinion. With that being said, I will drive my bailed out Chevy, Ford or Dodge long before I ever buy an import....