Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #169
Brunogadget

 
Brunogadget's Avatar
 
Drives: 1985 iroc-z
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kapuskasing
Posts: 892
New Render


Last edited by Brunogadget; 03-23-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Brunogadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #170
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies
 
classicrockr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2LT/RS Hyper Blue Vert Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richlands NC
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Wow! Sick! That would definitely work especially if they put the 09-13 front like you said! Trim the fat basically make it have sharper lines just like GM did with the 13 cts to the 14 cts. It would be how the 60's camaros was! The 67 was fat and bulky but GM made everything sharper to make the sharper and slimmer looking 69! This definitely reminds more of the 69 ! I can see it now!

But I need the interior to keep the Retro design! So won't work prolly!
I think it looks great - put some triangle shaped lights in the bottom area on each side - kinda like teeth - and it would be just fine
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #171
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The 67 was fat and bulky but GM made everything sharper to make the sharper and slimmer looking 69! This definitely reminds more of the 69 ! I can see it now!
You've got that backwards. The 67 was slim and by 69 it was fat and bulky.
I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the lean and mean 67.
Attached Images
  
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #172
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 10,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
You've got that backwards. The 67 was slim and by 69 it was fat and bulky.
I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the lean and mean 67.
I agree. I have always loved the 67 and 68s better than the 69s.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #173
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I agree. I have always loved the 67 and 68s better than the 69s.
My opinion also.....but I may be a little biased.
Attached Images
 
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #174
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
You've got that backwards. The 67 was slim and by 69 it was fat and bulky.
I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the lean and mean 67.
I have to disagree with you because the hips on the side of the . is more bulky than the 69's and the 68 front is more curvy! Look at the 69 the back and the front is less bulky and curvy ,. The 69 curves are barely showing and the front is flatter too , almost like a straight hood!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #175
ssrs396
 
ssrs396's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cruising
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
I have to disagree with you because the hips on the side of the . is more bulky than the 69's and the 68 front is more curvy! Look at the 69 the back and the front is less bulky and curvy ,. The 69 curves are barely showing and the front is flatter too , almost like a straight hood!
.


Hoods are the same. The front and back of the 69 are wider then the 67-68 and the body detailing on the side give it a little more of an aggressive look but it looks like a bigger car. I believe this is what he means by bulky. The 67-68 cars looks leaner and smaller. I had a 69 and I liked it but it just didn't have the pure look of the 67- 68. Don't get me wrong I think the 69 is awesome and I like it better then most cars. Its like trying to choose between two cute twins, there's just something about the one that does it for you.

I have an idea for the 69 that I would love and it was definitely the inspiration for the 5th gen which I also love.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #176
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 5,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
.


Hoods are the same. The front and back of the 69 are wider then the 67-68 and the body detailing on the side give it a little more of an aggressive look but it looks like a bigger car. I believe this is what he means by bulky. The 67-68 cars looks leaner and smaller. I had a 69 and I liked it but it just didn't have the pure look of the 67- 68. Don't get me wrong I think the 69 is awesome and I like it better then most cars. Its like trying to choose between two cute twins, there's just something about the one that does it for you.

I have an idea for the 69 that I would love and it was definitely the inspiration for the 5th gen which I also love.
Oh, Alright! Thanx! I didn't know that the 69 was wider! But yea, I like the 69 just because it has our square gauge pods and side gill but either way I'll take any of the 3. They are the best looking cars !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #177
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
You've got that backwards. The 67 was slim and by 69 it was fat and bulky.
I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the lean and mean 67.
What you call fat and bulky was/is the Coke-Bottle shape, which the 5Gen also has. It's wider in the fenders and trimmed down in the door area. IMO the 69' is more appealing as it's less of a slab-sided car.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #178
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
What you call fat and bulky was/is the Coke-Bottle shape, which the 5Gen also has. It's wider in the fenders and trimmed down in the door area. IMO the 69' is more appealing as it's less of a slab-sided car.
I used "fat and bulky" because that's what Q'smuscle used to describe the '67 so I just flipped the terms he used. Personally I wouldn't have used those words (unless describing the 5th gen, heh), but they're close enough. The 69 is definitely not as 'slim' as the 67.

I don't think anyone disputed that the 5thgen was largely inspired by the 69. That fact doesn't mean that I can't like the looks of the 67 better and like the looks of 5thgen a lot more than both (probably in the minority again). While the retro cues are obvious, 5thgens look quite different than any of the 1stgens.

Somewhat back on topic (sorry bruno!), the 6thgen will most definitely be an evolution of the 5thgen, but interestingly, I doubt it will look like a 1stgen at all because it'll be that much further removed from them. The refresh is already headed away.
Time will tell I guess.
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #179
Brunogadget

 
Brunogadget's Avatar
 
Drives: 1985 iroc-z
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kapuskasing
Posts: 892
New Rendering

Brunogadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #180
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Oh wow... Aside from being too 'busy' for my tastes, that is my favorite one so far!
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #181
Alfieboy
Madman
 
Alfieboy's Avatar
 
Drives: White 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RICHMOND VA
Posts: 1,380
nice work
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #182
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Bruno, I just cleaned that one up in PS a bit, do you mind if I post it?
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.