Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #15
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynetdude View Post
yep; looks like awesome stuff (just got the answer myself) looks like almost the same stuff they use in the touchless car wash.
Highly doubt it, touchless car washes use soaps that can be harsh and are not pH neutral. It may look the same, but doesn't function the same.

I use optimum car wash and love it, not sure how it would function in a foam cannon or sprayer though.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #16
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Highly doubt it, touchless car washes use soaps that can be harsh and are not pH neutral. It may look the same, but doesn't function the same.

I use optimum car wash and love it, not sure how it would function in a foam cannon or sprayer though.
a lot of these products seem to leave behind the wax or sealant but you also want to remove it at least twice a year and apply a fresh sealant or wax on it.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #17
JTruck

Quote:
a lot of these products seem to leave behind the wax or sealant but you also want to remove it at least twice a year and apply a fresh sealant or wax on it.
Yes, that's the purpose of having a pH neutral soap, so you don't have to reapply wax every week. You can simply remove the wax or sealant at home by using dawn dish soap, but you should have the intention of reapplying a fresh coat of wax and sealant after that wash also.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #18
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
Yes, that's the purpose of having a pH neutral soap, so you don't have to reapply wax every week. You can simply remove the wax or sealant at home by using dawn dish soap, but you should have the intention of reapplying a fresh coat of wax and sealant after that wash also.

I'll have to see what kind of ph balance Meguiar's shampoo has; not sure how to find out.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:23 AM   #19
JTruck

Quote:
I'll have to see what kind of ph balance Meguiar's shampoo has; not sure how to find out.
I'm not sure how you would find out either, but I think some of the other guys on here know and could chime in.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #20
Dustyminpin

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Factory Short Throw M6
My wife bought me one from Walmart. I want to say it's 1600 psi. I can't remember the brand but it's yellow and cost about a hundred bucks. It's got a little plastic hose you pull out of it and put in a bottle of soap and it siphons the soap up into the system and blasts it out. I really like it. Takes the love bugs off the front of the car no problem and does wonders on the rims. I still wipe the car down with a sponge while the body is still sudsy, then blast it all off with the pressure washer again with straight water. I can't say enough good things about it.
Dustyminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #21
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyminpin View Post
My wife bought me one from Walmart. I want to say it's 1600 psi. I can't remember the brand but it's yellow and cost about a hundred bucks. It's got a little plastic hose you pull out of it and put in a bottle of soap and it siphons the soap up into the system and blasts it out. I really like it. Takes the love bugs off the front of the car no problem and does wonders on the rims. I still wipe the car down with a sponge while the body is still sudsy, then blast it all off with the pressure washer again with straight water. I can't say enough good things about it.
I've got a small one similar to that, mine's a snapon electric power washer.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #22
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Inlet hose is the garden hose, high pressure hose is the outlet hose that come with a power washer.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #23
mynetdude

ah ok, yeah can't live without the HP hose :P