Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #43
camaro2lt
 
camaro2lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Palmyra, PA
Posts: 5,580
Theres no way they would do a 2015 redesign..........6th gen is close! I think we will see it unveiled at the Detroit auto show. I also think that the design is done and they have parts being made now (preproduction) I really do hope to do a big reveal like they did for mustang.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #44
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
Theres no way they would do a 2015 redesign..........6th gen is close! I think we will see it unveiled at the Detroit auto show. I also think that the design is done and they have parts being made now (preproduction) I really do hope to do a big reveal like they did for mustang.
+1
Hey Richie!
I would have to definitely agree with you.



Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #45
toehead93


 
Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: wpb fl
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
That said...I think the next gen Camaro SS target weight should be right around 3,600 - 3,650 lbs or less.
It will be because it is based on the ATS chassis which starts at 3,400lbs with the I-4 engine. As for the gen 6 it is pretty well known although not officially to be released in 2015 as a 2016 MY. We should see sneak peaks at the end of this year and I will put money on NIAS 2015 for the official release. And don't count on any change to 2015 to be shocking.
__________________
Used Racing Brake 2 Peice Rotors for sale:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344754

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,199
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
It will be because it is based on the ATS chassis which starts at 3,400lbs with the I-4 engine. As for the gen 6 it is pretty well known although not officially to be released in 2015 as a 2016 MY. We should see sneak peaks at the end of this year and I will put money on NIAS 2015 for the official release. And don't count on any change to 2015 to be shocking.
I think you're right on the money!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #47
Johnman
 
Johnman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHER View Post
Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.
The next gen CTS sedan has already hit the streets; did you mean coupe?
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #48
IowaGuy
 
IowaGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lives on camaro5
Posts: 357
If the cars selling why would they make another gen? It seems like the last gen of vettes stuck around forever (and felt dated )
__________________
I have come to realize that my wife's a mod addict. Instead of a camaro she has the house, and instead of camaro5 she has HGTV.
IowaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #49
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,495
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That would mean that there would not be a 2016 MY. The plant that produces the Camaro now stops production of it in 2015.
Taken from wiki:
On December 19, 2012 GM announced that the Camaro would return to being made in America, as production of the Camaro would be shifted to the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan, citing "lower capital investment and improved production efficiencies" as "key factors" in the move.[22] This move is expected to start in late 2015 or early 2016.[23]

So I guess we'll see spy pics in dec/jan 2015? Should be earlier. Yet no true concept has come out yet. I'd have to say this yr if we don't see actual pics of either spy or a true concept it won't be a 2016.

The camaro concept revealed itself in 06, production began in 09. Of course that's bringing back a car and not just a new design. December we should have news on it.
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #50
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Agreed. It is amongst us and we have not seen hide nor hide. Loose lips sink ships <and end careers>. Mid to end of this year spy shots, with an announcement at NAIS.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #51
lbls1


 
lbls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,589
The 6th gen should be the star of '15's NYIAS!!! Can't wait.
__________________
'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'09 Malibu LT Dark Gray Metallic

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #52
WHAMMO

 
WHAMMO's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHER View Post
Look at the release of the 2015 ATS Coupe as a harbinger of the 2016 Camaro. GM will want to shake out the Coupe's build in the factory. Smooth out wrinkles in production.
Economies of scale could indicate the Camaro will be right on its heels.

2015 Mustang wheelbase is 107.1", 3500 lbs. Adding the IRS cancelled all weight loss elsewhere. Nearly a net zero pounds change from the 2014. Wheelbase did not change.
Platform is fundamentally unchanged. Contrary to Ford intentional disinformation, for 2005, the Mustang was NOT based on the DEW/LS/Thunderbird/Jaguar platform and was designed from scratch. There was not enough structural support for the larger V8 blocks, superchargers, et al. Which is why you never saw a 4.6 liter in an LS Lincoln. The investment in the Mustang platform still needs to be milStiked. GM has known this for some time. So take that as a target to meet or BEAT.

The pictures of the back seat of the ATS Coupe remind me of my 2006 Mustang GT.
The ATS wheelbase is 109.3...size often is an indicator of weight. Do not expect the Camaro to be larger than that. The Camaro needs to lose 250 lbs just to break even with the Mustang as it was/is an excellent design. The ATS Coupe is the direction...and a VERY good one for Camaro.
The only concern would be the space available for the larger motors. BUT...I've seen V-8s in VEGAs and Monzas. (Not Las Vegas).
Current CTS Coupe is 500lbs over a reasonable target weight...and it is being carried over (so I hear)...it is already 250 over the average Camaro. There is a next-gen CTS SEDAN is coming, but the ATS-Camaro will come first. (if I read everything right.)

Soooooo.....the ATS Coupe is a VERY CONSERVATIVE car to not scare customers away, and the Camaro will likely be "Extroverted". Let us hope and pray it doesn't have the Mustang's new nose, cheese-slicer-carved back end, and 7 lines just to define the hood.
Busy and ugly we don't want. Elegant, Definitive, Recognizable, Extroverted should be the goals.

Mustang sales went up in January after people saw the busy-ugly new one.
There is no official weight on the Mustang 15' because its heavier. And there was a V8 Lincoln LS. And the Mustang do not weight 3500lbs...its like saying the 5th gen weight 3699lbs.

The only lighter Mustang is the 4cyl, it seems.
__________________
4th Gen SS/LS2 SB/LS3 heads/N20

Last edited by WHAMMO; 02-23-2014 at 10:23 AM.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #53
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,187
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
If the cars selling why would they make another gen? It seems like the last gen of vettes stuck around forever (and felt dated )
Oh please tell me you're not serious.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #54
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,199
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It's hard to say. It's a little odd that we haven't seen a mule or anything yet.

Once the IVERs are out, it'll be about a year to reveal.
I'd be willing to bet there are some Camaro-chassi-fied ATSs rolling around that nobody would ever recognize...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Taken from wiki:
On December 19, 2012 GM announced that the Camaro would return to being made in America, as production of the Camaro would be shifted to the Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Michigan, citing "lower capital investment and improved production efficiencies" as "key factors" in the move.[22] This move is expected to start in late 2015 or early 2016.[23]

So I guess we'll see spy pics in dec/jan 2015? Should be earlier. Yet no true concept has come out yet. I'd have to say this yr if we don't see actual pics of either spy or a true concept it won't be a 2016.

The camaro concept revealed itself in 06, production began in 09. Of course that's bringing back a car and not just a new design. December we should have news on it.
Most continuing-production cars do not have a "true concept". Don't look for one - it probably will never be viewed by public eyes (if it exists if full-sized form at all)
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #55
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
...something is fishy In Denmark no doubt.....we are closer than one would like to think <it's being played verrry close to the vest>...and to the why we gotta change crowd...I bet they said the same freakin' thing about Model A's............sheeesh.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #56
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee
 
CruisingSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SW of Houston
Posts: 1,368
I may be going out on a limb, but maybe a Z/28 is in store? Lol
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.